Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cannot find vcredist_x64.exe or vcredist_x86.exe

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Cannot find vcredist_x64.exe or vcredist_x86.exe Empty Cannot find vcredist_x64.exe or vcredist_x86.exe

Post by Guest Sat 23 May 2015, 20:48

I just played the Sims 4 a few days ago without any problems and when I tried to start up my game today I got the dynamic library failed to load error so I'm like ok I just need to install the latest fix, no problem. Big. Big problem.

And I hope I'm not being completely stupid about this, but I've read the instillation guide a hundred times and I just CANNOT find anything related to "vc" folder that is meant to be in the "__Installer" folder. I downloaded both Ultimate Fix files just to make sure, and I've searched for it in folder itself and an entire search of my computer and the only place it is found is in the Installation guide and the mnfst file.

My entire Sims 4 folder has been added to the exception list with my anti virus program. And I've tried looking for it before and after I added the __Installer, Data, Game, and Support folders into my Sims 4 folder with no luck.

I'm honestly at a loss any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you

Back to top Go down

Cannot find vcredist_x64.exe or vcredist_x86.exe Empty Re: Cannot find vcredist_x64.exe or vcredist_x86.exe

Post by Guest Sun 24 May 2015, 09:04

Did you go to:
(I haven't installed the latest ultimate fix, which is the same version as the Get To Work, i currently have the get to work files, so try looking at the Get to Work files)

Sims 4: Get to Work> _Installer> vc> vc2013> vcredistx86 

If it still doesn't show up. You should apply again the expansion pack. I hope it would fix the problem. 

Good luck! Smile

Edit:

Or go to Electronic Arts> The Sims 4> _Installer> vc> vc2013> redist> And there are 2 files: vcredist_x64 and vcredist_x86.
If it won't show up try repairing it in the Installer which you installed the Sims 4 and if it doesn't show up again, You should download the sims 4 again from our games4theworld download website: games4theworld.org 

Good luck again! Very Happy

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top