Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Favorite Recipes?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Favorite Recipes? Empty Favorite Recipes?

Post by coolcandy3001 Sun 24 May 2015, 19:16

Well, I have a week off school so it's baking time!
Today I made Rocky Road :3

I was just wondering if any of you knew some really nice deserts to make, and how to make them. I have a whole cook book but I've made all the sweet things in it >:C

My Rocky Road recipe is:
-110g Butter
-2 Tablespoons of sugar
-2 Tablespoons of cocoa powder
-30g of marshmallows
-50g Golden Syrup
-300g of any biscuit (I used fruit shortbread and chocolate chip cookies)
-400g of chocolate
(I got 24 servings)

• In the microwave, melt the butter, sugar, syrup and cocoa. (Took 4 mins for me)
  • Add the biscuits and raisins when melted. Stir to combine.
  • Pour mixture into shallow but long tin and press down until even.
  • Melt the cooking chocolate (10 seconds, stir, 10 seconds, stir, etc.) and pour over the mixture in the tin.
  • Pop the tin into the fridge and leave for about 1 hour to set.
  • Cut it and enjoy!

I originally got it from a Chocolate Tiffin recipe online, but I changed the amounts and ingredients to make it for Rocky Road. It turned out exactly how it wanted to and I feel really happy with it :3 - If you try it, I hope you enjoy my recipe :3

Tea 3
coolcandy3001
coolcandy3001
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP
Discharged with Honors
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 8

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Sims, Animal Crossing WW & NL, Tomodachi Life, Sonic Adventure 2, The Dog Island, Minecraft, Terraria & *Many more*

Female

Back to top Go down

Favorite Recipes? Empty Re: Favorite Recipes?

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Sun 24 May 2015, 22:46

I haven't had an oven in ages, but when I did, I loved baking cake from scratch. You can vary as much as you like, but the base recipe is this:

Equal parts of butter, flour and sugar (for a regular sized cake tin, I use 200g)
5 eggs
20g vanilla flavoured sugar
Bit of baking powder

If you have an appliance to mix the ingredients, you can just use the butter at room temperature. I like to mix it by hand though, so I melt the butter in the microwave first. Melt it slowly, or it might make a mess!
Add the sugar and eggs to the melted butter and mix until everything is mixed up.
Add baking powder
Add flour slowly, while you mix.
Once you have a nice, even mixture, pour it in the tin and bake for an hour-hour and a half at 180 degrees celcius, in the center of the oven.

It's important that you leave the oven alone for the first 45-60 minutes while your cake is rising. Failing to do so may ruin your cake. Also be careful with any doors or windows near your oven, if these are opened or closed suddenly, your cake may be ruined.

After about 45 minutes, look in through your oven window to see if your cake looks dry. If it does and you have a wooden skewer, open your oven and stick it in the cake, if it comes out clean, your cake is finished.

With this recipe, there are plenty of ingredients you can switch or add to mix it up. You can use cream instead of butter, or honey instead of sugar. Most fruits are great in cake, as well as raisins. You could add cinnamon for a touch of spice, or chocolate chips.
If you're going to use fresh fruits, your cake will need a bit more time in the oven.

Cupcakes are made with the same recipe, but they need less time in the oven due to their size.

This recipe also works in the microwave (as long as you don't use a metal tin obviously), but I find that as the cake cools, the structure will be different and the cake less tasty.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by coolcandy3001 Mon 25 May 2015, 00:16

Lady ElDi wrote: (as long as you don't use a metal tin obviously),
I almost made this mistake when melting my butter earlier, my mum nearly cried D:
coolcandy3001
coolcandy3001
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 8

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Sims, Animal Crossing WW & NL, Tomodachi Life, Sonic Adventure 2, The Dog Island, Minecraft, Terraria & *Many more*

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sim Architect Tue 26 May 2015, 09:21

Nice! I love baking, but I am terrible at it (need more practice for sure). I have a bread making machine, but it doesn't bake cakes right, so I need to go back doing it on the oven...

I like to make Kun Pao Chicken

Cubed Chicken Breast (or cubed pork, if you prefer)
Bellpeppers (I like the yellow or the cream colored ones, but you can use any, mix different kinds etc)
Onions
Soy Sauce (the light one is better, since you can put more without making your dish too salty)
MSG (optional)
Hot Pepper (black pepper and fresh hot pepper are both nice)
Cumin
Lemon Juice (something between half and one lemon for half kg of chicken, if you don't have lemons/limes, try white wine, sake, vodka or other alcoholic beverage like that instead, or even vinegar if you like)
Other Spices you like...

First I soak the chicken on lemon juice with cumin.

I usually use same amount of Bell-peppers, Onions and Chicken, but it's totally up to your taste (and how much you have in your fridge).

Just stir fry the onions, reserve. Do the same with the bell peppers and the chicken (they have different cooking times, so it's better if you fry each per time, but you can mix & match if you feel like cooking everything together, the only downside is to have some stuff a bit softer than ideal, or some stuff a bit uncooked).

Mix all the other ingredients and put the stir fried vegetables back in the pot, and stir fry a little bit more, so everything will get the flavor from the spices and the soy sauce.

Add saltless toasted peanuts (if you have/like) and turn off the fire.

Mix a little and you are ready. It can be made in the microwave too, same way. I like to put some lemon juice (about 1 lemon for each Kg of chicken).

I think it's easy and it makes a low calorie complete meal with your choice of rice as a side dish, no salad necessary. Smile

I can say it's one of the dishes I make most on my daily routine (besides stroganov and grilled beef). It must be awesome to make it with your friends if you have a wok in your dining area!

You can be creative if you want and add mushrooms, bacon, pork loin, shrimp (you can even make it with shrimp or pork only as well, instead of chicken, depending where you live and what you like). I tried making beef (cow) that way and I think it did not turn out so great, but the "whitish" meats are great usually!

Favorite Recipes? Frango_xadrez

Enjoy with your favorite tea and, if you want to keep the Chinese theme, maybe some caramelized fruit for dessert!

Last edited by Sim Architect on Sat 30 May 2015, 12:22; edited 1 time in total
Sim Architect
Sim Architect
G4TW HONORARY Moderator
The Gray Eminence :p
G4TW HONORARY Moderator The Gray Eminence :p

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Plants vs Zombies, The Sims 3, Cities Skylines, The Sims 4

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue 26 May 2015, 17:26

Lady ElDi wrote:(...) so I melt the butter in the microwave first. Melt it slowly, or it might make a mess!
Good tip! I can remember one time I put a whole block of butter in the microwave, so I'd be easier to mix.
That was not a good idea, because the whole thing literally exploded. (Inside of the block of butter got too hot too quickly) I've been cutting the big block of butter in smaller blocks ever since. Facepalm
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by coolcandy3001 Tue 26 May 2015, 19:21

Admin wrote:
Lady ElDi wrote:(...) so I melt the butter in the microwave first. Melt it slowly, or it might make a mess!
Good tip! I can remember one time I put a whole block of butter in the microwave, so I'd be easier to mix.
That was not a good idea, because the whole thing literally exploded. (Inside of the block of butter got too hot too quickly) I've been cutting the big block of butter in smaller blocks ever since. Facepalm
Lol I never made that mistake, I guess it's because my butter doesn't come in blocks though, so I just scoop it out bit by bit when weighing it anyway.
coolcandy3001
coolcandy3001
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 8

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Sat 30 May 2015, 09:22

Sim Architect wrote:Nice! I love baking, but I am terrible at it (need more practice for sure). I have a bread making machine, but it doesn't bake cakes right, so I need to go back doing it on the oven...

I like to make Kun Pao Chicken

Cubed Chicken Breast (or cubed pork, if you prefer)
Bellpeppers (I like the yellow or the cream colored ones, but you can use any, mix different kinds etc)
Onions
Soy Sauce (the light one is better, since you can put more without making your dish too salty)
MSG (optional)
Hot Pepper (black pepper and fresh hot pepper are both nice)
Other Spices you like...

I usually use same amount of Bell-peppers, Onions and Chicken, but it's totally up to your taste (and how much you have in your fridge). Just stir fry the onions, reserve. Do the same with the bell peppers and the chicken (they have different cooking times).

Mix all the other ingredients and put the stir fried vegetables back in the pot, and stir fry a little bit more, so everything will get the flavor from the spices and the soy sauce.

Add saltless toasted peanuts (if you have/like) and turn off the fire.

Mix a little and you are ready. It can be made in the microwave too, same way. I like to put some lemon juice (about 1 lemon for each Kg of chicken).

I think it's easy and it makes a low calorie complete meal with your choice of rice as a side dish, no salad necessary. Smile

I can say it's one of the dishes I make most on my daily routine (besides stroganov and grilled beef).

Favorite Recipes? Frango_xadrez

Enjoy with your favorite tea!

Oh I'm going to try this one, it sounds very good.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sim Architect Sat 30 May 2015, 12:13

Thanks! I hope you like it, please let us know Wink

Try soaking the chicken with lemon juice for about 10 min or more (it helps removing that "raw" taste), sorry that I forgot to mention it. I also like to put some cumin on the chicken (I forgot the name, just found out, I will fix my post)...

I love this dish because it is easy, cheap, is low in fat and also low in calories (unless you go really crazy on the peanuts, which are the most caloric ingredient, I think).

About melting the butter in the microwave, it usually takes about 30 seconds to a min and a half (depending on the amount), but I usually have no problem using max power, as long it's properly covered and in a glass container (1000W microwave, maybe you have something stronger, which must be totally awesome!).
Sim Architect
Sim Architect
G4TW HONORARY Moderator

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by coolcandy3001 Sun 31 May 2015, 14:00

Sim Architect wrote:Thanks! I hope you like it, please let us know Wink

Try soaking the chicken with lemon juice for about 10 min or more (it helps removing that "raw" taste), sorry that I forgot to mention it. I also like to put some cumin on the chicken (I forgot the name, just found out, I will fix my post)...

I love this dish because it is easy, cheap, is low in fat and also low in calories (unless you go really crazy on the peanuts, which are the most caloric ingredient, I think).

About melting the butter in the microwave, it usually takes about 30 seconds to a min and a half (depending on the amount), but I usually have no problem using max power, as long it's properly covered and in a glass container (1000W microwave, maybe you have something stronger, which must be totally awesome!).
Haha it's a shame - it sounds soo nice but yet.... I'm not trusted with chicken just yet :p
coolcandy3001
coolcandy3001
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 8

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sim Architect Sun 31 May 2015, 14:08

coolcandy3001 wrote:
Sim Architect wrote:Thanks! I hope you like it, please let us know Wink

Haha it's a shame - it sounds soo nice but yet.... I'm not trusted with chicken just yet :p
Maybe you can make it with someone in your family?
Sim Architect
Sim Architect
G4TW HONORARY Moderator

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sim Architect Tue 09 Jun 2015, 15:39

Hi there, look what I just baked!!!

Favorite Recipes? D2rrMfG

Tastes nice and has some extra protein. I just make a "ready mix" cake with albumin. To do it, just replace the volume that your eggs would have with milk, and add 2 or 3 table spoons of Albumin (dried egg whites, mine is tasteless and has 3 whites per spoon, so it's like having a cake made with 6 to 9 eggs, yay!). Texture is perfect and it's much more healthy. You can also keep the original eggs from the recipe, but I am not sure how it would turn out (I made mine with one natural egg plus the other stuff, since I had one laying around in my fridge).

For the next times I plan on increasing the amount of protein until I get the maximum protein concentration, really cool! I also plan on baking from scratch like I used before, with whole grain flour, I will start it as soon I use all my mixes Wink

Sim Architect
Sim Architect
G4TW HONORARY Moderator

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top