Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Origin problem.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Origin problem. Empty Origin problem.

Post by Guest Mon 25 May 2015, 13:48

I downloaded the sims 4 fifteen days ago. I followed all the steps and everything was running smoothly until a week ago when I tried to open the game I had a message.
"Unable to start: Origin is currently not running. Please make sure that Origin is running before attempting to play The Sims 4. "

I've read everything that there is in this forum about my issue and I have also tried everything you suggest. I even erased the sims 4 and installed it again. But the problem is the same!

I DO NOT have origin installed in my pc.
I can not understand what is going on.
I need your help!!!!
Noone is answering me not here not in the facebook page!

Back to top Go down

Origin problem. Empty Re: Origin problem.

Post by coolcandy3001 Mon 25 May 2015, 14:58

I know you've tried the other fix, but have you tried to follow this guide? https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t18501-unable-to-start-initialization-error-at-startup-updated-on-6-3-2015
coolcandy3001
coolcandy3001
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP
Discharged with Honors
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 8

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Sims, Animal Crossing WW & NL, Tomodachi Life, Sonic Adventure 2, The Dog Island, Minecraft, Terraria & *Many more*

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 25 May 2015, 15:19

yes i did all that too!

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Mon 25 May 2015, 18:29

amaryllis wrote:yes i did all that too!

Sorry, but then you did not do it properly. The game works absolutely fine for me, and for most other people too. It is solely your responsibility to figure out how to configure your "security"-software. But in the first place, you must find out what security software you have installed. And then you can go on with configuring the software.

The link that coolcandy posted is not a classic guide that "takes your hand" like a 5-year-old child. The post that I wrote there only shows guidelines, and people will need to understand the basic message, and apply that to their own systems.

You should take your time, and familiarize yourself properly, with the stuff you have installed on your computer. Good luck for now !
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 26 May 2015, 14:13

My pc is recently formated. So the only programs I have installed are microsoft office and avast! I excluded the whole sims 4 folder from the avast and from windows defender. If I had done wrong the steps it wouldn't begin the first time.

The game was playing fine and one day I got the origin problem without  download anything else !
And I repeat I don't have Origin. Then I downloaded the latest ultimate fix. But nothing changed.

And then I erased everything and downloaded and installed again several times. It is still the same problem. Origin is not running.

So stop telling me it's  my fault and help me solve the problem!!! because I can see several people having the same problem and we need to play....

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Tue 26 May 2015, 14:29

amaryllis wrote:
So stop telling me it's  my fault and help me solve the problem!!! because I can see several people having the same problem and we need to play....

I suggest you calm down and mind your tone when you come here and ask us for any support; this a volunteer-only service, and please acknowledge that sometimes, things simply don't work as they should.

I just tested the new Ultimate fix with the Luxury Pack, and it still works fine for me.

From my experience, in 99.9% percent of these cases there is something that blocks the crack of the game. Check if there is any pre-installed "security"-software on your computer besides avast, that you may not be aware of. Also, did you even apply the "Get to Work"-files, into the correct location ? You must copy + paste them into C:\Program files(x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\. And of course, when prompted, replace all of the existing files & folders.

You can view it this way too: if the download was defective, I would not have managed to get it working myself. And I've seen more people who managed to get it working, than not. In the end, after a lot of explaining, most people succeed.

But hey, OK. If you think our support "sucks", then feel free to go elsewhere for your problems. As for this issue, I've said everything there is to say.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 26 May 2015, 21:58

I didn't say you suck. I simply said that since you claim you are the only site who helps people with their games you should try to help and not judge. 
I now you are doing a volunteer job and I'm gratefull for it but you keep saying that I do things wrong. Which I explained already that if i did the steps wrong then I wouldn't be able to play the first time.

Something is blocking the game and I'm trying to figure out what it might be! I'm going to do all the steps again and write everything down here in this thread tomorrow so you or anyone who thinks something is wrong could just point it.

Do you think downloading origin would help?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 27 May 2015, 14:49

Try Repairing The Sims 4 in the Installer. (It should repair some of the files) The Re-apply the Get to Work Files and the Latest Ultimate Fix. 

If It Didn't work,

I Suggest disable your Avast (or Windows Defender). Re-download the Get to Work from the site and the latest ultimate fix WITHOUT Avast (or Windows Defender) On. 

After Reinstalling, Apply the Get to Work and the Fix. 

Now, 
You should TURN ON AVAST. But just make sure that The Sims 4 Files are in the exceptions. Or before that, Try creating a Folder (Named Sims 4 Installation or Something) And Apply the Base Game Installer Get to Work and The Latest fix, and Add them on the Exceptions lists. (Maybe, When you Download the Latest Fix or The GTW, The Avast scanned through the rar file and said that it is a Virus. So I Suggest redownload it without avast turned on)

Let me/us know if it Worked! Goodluck! Very Happy

EDIT: Or maybe when you are installing The Sims 4, you forgot to disable the Antivirus. And The Antivirus scanned it as a Virus. So Goodluck Again!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 29 May 2015, 01:30

Carlos wrote:
amaryllis wrote:yes i did all that too!

Sorry, but then you did not do it properly. The game works absolutely fine for me, and for most other people too. It is solely your responsibility to figure out how to configure your "security"-software. But in the first place, you must find out what security software you have installed. And then you can go on with configuring the software.

The link that coolcandy posted is not a classic guide that "takes your hand" like a 5-year-old child. The post that I wrote there only shows guidelines, and people will need to understand the basic message, and apply that to their own systems.

You should take your time, and familiarize yourself properly, with the stuff you have installed on your computer. Good luck for now !
I repeatably tried this with failure, hoping this next fix (w/ luxury) would solve the problem, it didn't. I'm pretty sure it's the Sims of GFTW instead of our disabled/excused security systems. I need you to understand that since I, patiently repeatably tried, reinstalled, even messed around and had failure. All I am hearing from your team and you when it comes to this is this quote in different words, it's not working out.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Fri 29 May 2015, 03:20

Marker wrote:(...) I'm pretty sure it's the Sims of GFTW instead of our disabled/excused security systems. I need you to understand that since I, patiently repeatably tried, reinstalled, even messed around and had failure. All I am hearing from your team and you when it comes to this is this quote in different words, it's not working out.

I do understand that you tried it multiple times. But what you need to understand is that...

1) the game still works fine for most other people, including me and the rest of the team and

2) that this issue with anti-virus systems is - admittedly - something highly difficult. 

And before you go on (like the OP here) that "I don't do anything to help people" - I fixed the issue successfully for more people here than you can imagine, via TeamViewer. So yes, I do know what I am talking about. Beyond that, did you even for one single second put yourself into my position here ? Do you think it's fun for me having to tell (and often disappoint) people about these issues ? 

As I also said to the OP already, you do know that neither me nor anybody else is obliged to do anything for you, right...? Also note that it is impossible for me to get back to all people via TeamViewer. Smile 

If you are having such problems with anti-virus software, you might want to try getting rid of them altogether, see this topic here:
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t19939-anti-virus-uninstall-tools

Alternatively, feel free to try a Sims 4 game from another source. But I doubt that you will see any difference, as G4TW's release is based on RELOADED's release, which in turn is currently the only circulating torrent that is up-to-date and working. 

Sorry if you don't like to hear that. Don't blame me or the rest of the team because of the fact that game developers have wisened up and made it nearly impossible to crack any of the newer games (so that any working crack that eventually comes out, is picked up as a virus). Instead, we all should accept the fact that things are getting tougher in general. 

//EDIT

As uncomfortable of a truth it is, 9 out of 10 people are unfamiliar with really basic stuff about using personal computers. These basics include things like only having ONE anti-virus program, keeping an overview of the stuff one has installed on their computer, and similar things. Which in turn is one of the major reasons video game publishers cater to the console market instead of the PC gamers, but that's off-topic.

From my experience, those that I helped with TeamViewer, and had these issues, weren't aware of anti-virus/firewall problems either.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 29 May 2015, 20:16

Thank you all for your answers!
 I'm going to try one more time and then if it doesn't work I'll quit and just play The sims 2 that I have everything original and is playing perfectly!
I'll let you know soon If I make any progress!!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top