Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What exactly do I need to install and in what order?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

What exactly do I need to install and in what order? Empty What exactly do I need to install and in what order?

Post by Guest Fri 12 Jun 2015, 10:35

I have 4 things to install:

- The Sims 4
- The Sims 4 - Get to Work
- The_Sims_4_fix
- The_Sims_4_fix_update_only

I tried installing on the following order: The Sims 4 > The_Sims_4_fix > The Sims 4 - Get to Work > The_Sims_4_fix_update_only
Everything seemed to be working, except for the fact that the Granite Falls world couldn't be found anywhere. So now I'm wondering if I installed this in the right order (and if the fix_update_only is even necessary).

If that was the right order, any idea why Granite Falls is missing? Windows Defender is disabled and I already added the folders to the exceptions list of Kaspersky, Microsoft Security Essentials and Malwarebytes Anti-Malware. Also, I am not running Origin in the background, I don't even have Origin installed.

Thanks in advance.

edit: I'd also like to know how this is gonna work as new updates get released (like patches and stuff), will we need to keep reinstalling the fix, the fix_update_only or both?

Last edited by Minaki on Fri 12 Jun 2015, 15:40; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : adding a new question)

Back to top Go down

What exactly do I need to install and in what order? Empty Re: What exactly do I need to install and in what order?

Post by D' Eradicated Fri 12 Jun 2015, 17:13

Hello,

The order is: TS4 -> Get to Work -> The_Sims_4_fix. You don't need The_Sims_4_fix_update_only. Follow the instructions included correctly and it will work. Good job!

D' Eradicated
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP
Discharged with Honors
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims Series, Minecraft, Counter-Strike 1.6, The Escapists, I Am Bread, Besiege, SimCity 2000, DotA 1, Dota 2

Male

Back to top Go down

What exactly do I need to install and in what order? Empty I tried doesnt work

Post by Guest Fri 12 Jun 2015, 19:48

i tried this, it works to start the game. but the content is still missing from the game itself.  please can someone help me

Back to top Go down

What exactly do I need to install and in what order? Empty Re: What exactly do I need to install and in what order?

Post by Guest Fri 12 Jun 2015, 20:55

D' Eradicated wrote:Hello,

The order is: TS4 -> Get to Work -> The_Sims_4_fix. You don't need The_Sims_4_fix_update_only. Follow the instructions included correctly and it will work. Good job!

I think the neighborhood is appearing now, but I noticed another issue. I noticed the detective career but I don't have the notebook icon on my phone, so I keep having to write all my sims deductions on a text document to keep track of her findings.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Fri 12 Jun 2015, 21:34

Minaki wrote:
I think the neighborhood is appearing now, but I noticed another issue. I noticed the detective career but I don't have the notebook icon on my phone, so I keep having to write all my sims deductions on a text document to keep track of her findings.

Feel free to open a new thread in the TS4 in-game support section for that issue, though that may likely be an in-game glitch by EA, which needs to be fixed in a future patch.

And yes, whenever a new patch/Ultimate fix is out you will need to re-copy & re-paste the new files over the old ones, as there is no other way to get the update into the pirated game.

Can I consider this topic here closed, or do you have more questions about the technicals of that game ? Smile 
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 12 Jun 2015, 22:27

Carlos wrote:And yes, whenever a new patch/Ultimate fix is out you will need to re-copy & re-paste the new files over the old ones, as there is no other way to get the update into the pirated game.

What about expansions, will I need expansion + fix, or will the ultimate fix already include the expansion files as well?

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Fri 12 Jun 2015, 22:44

Minaki wrote:
What about expansions, will I need expansion + fix, or will the ultimate fix already include the expansion files as well?

Good question actually; we will see how we will "pack" future stuff. Please keep in mind that I cannot possibly tell you what the situation is going to be like in 2-3 years or so. Smile  Of course, we will keep you all posted, and we will also include up-to-date instructions in your latest downloads.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top