Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Do I have to install the EPs in order?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Do I have to install the EPs in order? Empty Do I have to install the EPs in order?

Post by Guest Fri 31 May 2013, 20:47

Hey ! So I'm thinking of installing The Sims 3 Generations. First of all is it worth it? I've heard some pretty good feedback about it but I wanna make sure before downloading it because I don't have much space left on my computer lol
Second, is it really important to have the EPs in order? I remember installing Seasons after University and my game would give me the "unofficial game modification" message then crash until I uninstalled all my EPs and reinstalled them in the order they came out. Will I have to uninstall Seasons and University before I can install Generations first ? D:
Thanks !

Back to top Go down

Do I have to install the EPs in order? Empty Re: Do I have to install the EPs in order?

Post by Guest Fri 31 May 2013, 21:11

Installing EPs in order is not important, you can do it in any order!
I think Generations is good, but it's not the best one in my opinion. Google for the sims wiki, then this expansion, you'll have details about what it contains... That could help you!

Back to top Go down

Do I have to install the EPs in order? Empty Re: Do I have to install the EPs in order?

Post by Guest Fri 31 May 2013, 21:29

Oh I see ! Weird, last time I installed EPs in a random order I got that error message and it didn't work until I reinstalled it in order... I'll give it a try anyway, hopefully it'll work !

Thanks for your quick reply, I'm gonna check the Sims Wiki right now to see if I should dl it :3

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 31 May 2013, 21:53

Well I always advise to install them in order and update in between each one, but you shouldn't need to uninstall.
Just try and keep us updated Wink

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 31 May 2013, 22:10

Well the download ends in an hour (sighs...) so I should update you by then. Meanwhile I'll copy all my save files elsewhere just in case I have to uninstall Wink

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 31 May 2013, 22:15

Good move! Wink

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 01 Jun 2013, 00:02

Well I just started the game up and I didn't get that error message, plus everything seems to run smoothly so I'm gonna guess and say the installation went correctly !
Thank you for your assistance, this is going to be a long night of simming... Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 15 Jun 2013, 04:10

Shamrock wrote:Well I always advise to install them in order and update in between each one, but you shouldn't need to uninstall.
Just try and keep us updated Wink

I object to that. Sorry Shamrock, but it was NEVER important, in which order you install expansions Wink. The error that Minorinrin got was most likely coincidental.

Although it's a bit off-topic, what is true is that the splash screen you get when starting the Sims 3 depends on the "newest" expansion that was released. 

As an example, let's say you installed Supernatural, then World Adventures, then Katy Perry's stuff pack and then Ambitions. You will then get the splash screen of "Supernatural".
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 15 Jun 2013, 17:32

Installing them in order IS important actually. Otherwise the patches get messed up and you can end up with missing updates.

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat 15 Jun 2013, 23:29

TUN3R wrote:Installing them in order IS important actually. Otherwise the patches get messed up and you can end up with missing up dates.

Hello there,

No, doesn't matter for the patches either. It will just update your game to the version required for the expansion pack you're trying to install.
But if you, for example, install the base game and then University Life, it'll update your game version to the one required for University Life. (During the installation) After that, you can install all expansion packs between the base game and University Life, without being prompted to update again.

And besides, that's one of the reasons why we mention the manual patch here: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t1171-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-3-correctly Smile
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 16 Jun 2013, 00:02

Admin wrote:
Hello there,

No, doesn't matter for the patches either. It will just update your game to the version required for the expansion pack you're trying to install.
But if you, for example, install the base game and then University Life, it'll update your game version to the one required for University Life. (During the installation) After that, you can install all expansion packs between the base game and University Life, without being prompted to update again.

And besides, that's one of the reasons why we mention the manual patch here: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t1171-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-3-correctly Smile

My game would disagree. I tried installing the expansions and then the stuff packs instead of installing them all in the order of release, game was messed up cause updates were missing.

Sure, that was before Generations, but the pre-Generations expansions are patched the same way as they always have so what does it matter...

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 16 Jun 2013, 00:21

I would say, CAN you install them out of order? yes. SHOULD you install them out of order? no.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 16 Jun 2013, 09:26

Sir Auron wrote:I would say, CAN you install them out of order? yes. SHOULD you install them out of order? no.

Because...?

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Sun 16 Jun 2013, 10:29

Hello,

There's no rule that says patches can only be installed correctly if the game is installed in release order. I actually patched my pre-Generation's ep's manually but, I hadn't experienced any problems with my game at all.
Some crashing is to be expected since my pc barely meets the minimum requirements, and nothing changed about the frequency or seriousness of said crashes.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun 16 Jun 2013, 18:00

TUN3R wrote:
Admin wrote:
Hello there,

My game would disagree. I tried installing the expansions and then the stuff packs instead of installing them all in the order of release, game was messed up cause updates were missing.

Sure, that was before Generations, but the pre-Generations expansions are patched the same way as they always have so what does it matter...

Hello,

Ah yes, I forget that you have this one-of-a-kind PC that no one else has.
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 16 Jun 2013, 19:08

Admin wrote:Hello,

Ah yes, I forget that you have this one-of-a-kind PC that no one else has.

Hello,

I don't know what EA had in mind when they made the game or what you saw when you cracked it open, but I speak from what I experienced. And experience isn't an opinion it's a fact, if you don't believe me, well it's a free country. I think. You're not from China are you?

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun 16 Jun 2013, 22:14

TUN3R wrote:You're not from China are you?
Hi there,

Does my profile say I'm from China?
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 17 Jun 2013, 01:05

Admin wrote:Hi there,

Does my profile say I'm from China?

Hello,

And eh, no.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 17 Jun 2013, 09:51

Well, it doesn't say where you're from... Evil or Very Mad
You could be a Chinese working in the Netherlands for all we know... Razz

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top