Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Two questions, one about partitions and one about game issues

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Two questions, one about partitions and one about game issues Empty Two questions, one about partitions and one about game issues

Post by Guest Wed 17 Jun 2015, 03:11

If I moved my Sims 4 game to a different partition (I read the steps on how to do this) would Origin not recognize it? I'd like to still get online occasionally to use the gallery, but I wasn't sure if moving the game would confuse it.

Also, my game has been acting up lately, my Sims are dropping their actions and resetting. Could this be an issue with a mod since I have those in my game or is this a common issue with the patch/crack?

I recently uninstalled my legit copy of the base game and the EP Get to Work in order to get the Stuff Packs (the Luxury one and the new one that just came out that I'm patiently waiting for) so I'm not sure if I messed up something from uninstalling the legit copies and installing the cracked copies.

I did notice after I updated my legit copy to the newest patch that I started having these issues, so I'm thinking it might possibly be a mod issue that I need to sort out. I wanted to have both the legit copy installed with the cracked copy, but I've heard stories of Origin banning people when they do this.

Back to top Go down

Two questions, one about partitions and one about game issues Empty Re: Two questions, one about partitions and one about game issues

Post by Sim Architect Wed 17 Jun 2015, 08:22

I guess that if you create a symbolic link to the new location Origin should see the "new path" as if it was the old one, so no problem should come from it.

Which method are you planning to use?

Tea 5 Tea 5
Sim Architect
Sim Architect
G4TW HONORARY Moderator
The Gray Eminence :p
G4TW HONORARY Moderator The Gray Eminence :p

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Plants vs Zombies, The Sims 3, Cities Skylines, The Sims 4

Male

Back to top Go down

Two questions, one about partitions and one about game issues Empty Re: Two questions, one about partitions and one about game issues

Post by Guest Wed 17 Jun 2015, 10:19

What I did was uninstall the Sims 4, and installed the cracked copy with GTW and the Fix. Then what I was going to do was transfer it to another partition (Copy it over there) and do the regedit stuff, then from there I wasn't sure what to do with Origin recognizing the game.

How would I create a symbolic link?

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Thu 18 Jun 2015, 06:38

claudiasharon wrote:What I did was uninstall the Sims 4, and installed the cracked copy with GTW and the Fix. Then what I was going to do was transfer it to another partition (Copy it over there) and do the regedit stuff, then from there I wasn't sure what to do with Origin recognizing the game.

How would I create a symbolic link?

Welcome to the forum first of all,

Don't create symbolic links for that. Smile  You can easily use the method of moving the installation folder, and then editing the registry, as described here

Also, it doesn't matter whether or not Origin "recognizes" the game after you move it to a different partition. The only reason I made the post about this (here), is to clarifiy that you should not let the game update, otherwise the update will break the crack. And you can connect to the gallery either way, using this method here:
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t18195-connecting-to-the-gallery-in-the-sims-4

And about your game issues...yes, check your mods and any other custom content for now. Smile
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 18 Jun 2015, 19:56

Okay so regardless of where I put the Sims 4 game folder, after editing the registry I don't have to do anything extra to Origin in order to get it to recognize the folder change?

Yeah I had the wrong mod in my game that was outdated, I thought I had the right one for my patch level but I did not. Once I took it out my Sims stopped resetting.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Fri 19 Jun 2015, 02:13

claudiasharon wrote:Okay so regardless of where I put the Sims 4 game folder, after editing the registry I don't have to do anything extra to Origin in order to get it to recognize the folder change?

Keep in mind again that once you add cracked content (a.k.a. the "Ultimate fix" from Games4theworld) to your legit base game, you will need to use a special method of connecting to the gallery. Please have a look at the guide I linked to, in my previous post. Smile  Technically, it doesn't matter whether or not Origin will recognize the new game install location.

Yes, I guess that Origin will still recognize your changed location of the game, but still, you are then using a cracked game basically - if you decide to add the Ultimate fix. Very briefly, with a cracked Sims 4, you can/should only access the gallery from the main menu. After downloading stuff from the gallery, you should exit the game, and then Origin too. Finally keep in mind too that with a cracked Sims 4 you cannot upload stuff to the gallery anymore.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top