Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Could not update the .ini file.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Could not update the .ini file. Empty Could not update the .ini file.

Post by Guest Fri 19 Jun 2015, 14:35

Hi, I keep getting this error when trying to install your Sims 4 game:

" Could not update the ini file
C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\The Sims 4\Games4theworld Forum.url. Verify that the file exists and that you can access it."

I have tried clicking on the file inside the folder titled Games4theworld Forum and it just takes me here and still the error persists.

Can someone help me please?

Back to top Go down

Could not update the .ini file. Empty Re: Could not update the .ini file.

Post by Guest Fri 19 Jun 2015, 15:39

Hi there, @BrandonBlue, and welcome to the Games4theworld Forum! Very Happy

So, did you have The Sims 4 installed already? Or is this the first time you are installing it?

One thing you can try is to just delete that file and try the installation again. Please, let us know how it goes. Good luck!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 19 Jun 2015, 17:29

SeoY wrote:Hi there, @BrandonBlue, and welcome to the Games4theworld Forum! Very Happy

So, did you have The Sims 4 installed already? Or is this the first time you are installing it?

One thing you can try is to just delete that file and try the installation again. Please, let us know how it goes. Good luck!
Hi, thank you. I did have another sims 4 installed before, but I deleted it ( it was from a different people than you guys). And the installer is creating the file it seems, because when I cancel, after the error, that file disappears.

I attached a picture of what is in the folder now with the error up.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 20 Jun 2015, 14:40

Any idea how to fix this please?

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 20 Jun 2015, 18:50

BrandonBlue wrote:Any idea how to fix this please?

May I ask you not to bump on here please ? Keep in mind that we all volunteer for replying to messages, and you need to excuse us that we cannot get back to all messages right after they show up here. Please acknowledge that we will get back to messages whenever we are available.

That said, you can try navigating to the location C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\ and then deleting the whole folder named "The Sims 4".

If that still doesn't help, you may even proceed with editing the folder permissions of the remaining folders (Start Menu -> Windows -> Microsoft -> ProgramData). See this guide on how to edit permissions:
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t17678-permissions-error-when-copying-cracked-files-fix

Good luck !
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 20 Jun 2015, 20:29

Carlos wrote:
BrandonBlue wrote:Any idea how to fix this please?

May I ask you not to bump on here please ? Keep in mind that we all volunteer for replying to messages, and you need to excuse us that we cannot get back to all messages right after they show up here. Please acknowledge that we will get back to messages whenever we are available.

That said, you can try navigating to the location C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\ and then deleting the whole folder named "The Sims 4".

If that still doesn't help, you may even proceed with editing the folder permissions of the remaining folders (Start Menu -> Windows -> Microsoft -> ProgramData). See this guide on how to edit permissions:
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t17678-permissions-error-when-copying-cracked-files-fix

Good luck !
Yes, I'm sorry

I did try everything you said; still no luck ):

I tried reinstalling too, but get the same thing. I made my firewall to allow this client through and also turned off my protection shields--still no luck.

I'm usually good at fixing these things, but this is really tough. I am lost on what to try next, so I was thinking that maybe my torrent is missing this file? I got it from:
Censored

If that helps any.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 20 Jun 2015, 21:35

BrandonBlue wrote:Yes, I'm sorry

I tried reinstalling too, but get the same thing. I made my firewall to allow this client through and also turned off my protection shields--still no luck.

I'm usually good at fixing these things, but this is really tough. I am lost on what to try next, so I was thinking that maybe my torrent is missing this file? I got it from:
Censored

If that helps any.

Please do not post torrent links here - this is strictly forbidden. Smile  I censored your link; and I know that your intentions were good, but still: the forum host who pays for the hosting of the forum (no, that's not the Admin) doesn't like this kind of stuff, and can "pull the plug" out of the forum anytime, for this. It almost happened in the past already. 

Did you extract the torrent from Games4TheWorld, using the program WinRAR ?
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 20 Jun 2015, 22:13

Carlos wrote:
BrandonBlue wrote:Yes, I'm sorry

Censored

If that helps any.

Please do not post torrent links here - this is strictly forbidden. Smile  I censored your link; and I know that your intentions were good, but still: the forum host who pays for the hosting of the forum (no, that's not the Admin) doesn't like this kind of stuff, and can "pull the plug" out of the forum anytime, for this. It almost happened in the past already. 

Did you extract the torrent from Games4TheWorld, using the program WinRAR ?
Sad Very sorry

Yes it was WinRaR

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 20 Jun 2015, 22:17

BrandonBlue wrote:Sad Very sorry

Yes it was WinRaR

It's OK. Smile  As I said, I don't think you had negative intentions. But nevertheless...this is one of the moments in which I am running out of answers. One more idea maybe: does your Windows system have several different "accounts" and if yes, are you logged into the Windows system as an Administrator ? 

Other than that; I'm afraid I can't help further for now, sorry. WhatDidUJustCallMe?
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 21 Jun 2015, 01:32

Carlos wrote:
BrandonBlue wrote:Sad Very sorry

Yes it was WinRaR

It's OK. Smile  As I said, I don't think you had negative intentions. But nevertheless...this is one of the moments in which I am running out of answers. One more idea maybe: does your Windows system have several different "accounts" and if yes, are you logged into the Windows system as an Administrator ? 

Other than that; I'm afraid I can't help further for now, sorry. WhatDidUJustCallMe?
Yes I am logged as administrator and also have privileges over the folder(s).
Thanks for taking time to at least try, really appreciate it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top