Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

1.46 Update Read Me file isn't working?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

1.46 Update Read Me file isn't working? Empty 1.46 Update Read Me file isn't working?

Post by Guest Wed 14 Nov 2018, 23:02

I'm having trouble getting the installation read me to open with the 1.46 update iso. I mounted the iso, but when I try to open the Read Me shortcut in the Support folder, it just says "missing shortcut." I can't find any other files similar to the usual instructions, just the shortcut, so, kind of stuck on what to do. Do I need to copy and paste the entire contents of the iso to my Sims folder, or just the Game folder, or what?

(Game is currently installed through Seasons, all from G4tW downloads. Just trying to get the updates so my emotion berries will work again.)

Back to top Go down

1.46 Update Read Me file isn't working? Empty Re: 1.46 Update Read Me file isn't working?

Post by Guest Wed 14 Nov 2018, 23:04

Specifically it's saying "The drive or network connection that the shortcut 'Read Me.lnk' refers to is unavailable. Make sure that the disk is properly inserted or the network resource is available, and then try again."

I haven't had trouble with the other files on here, just that one. I'm just .. not sure what to do with them without the instructions working.

Back to top Go down

1.46 Update Read Me file isn't working? Empty Re: 1.46 Update Read Me file isn't working?

Post by Guest Wed 14 Nov 2018, 23:08

"read me" shortcut is for The Sims 4 readme, not installation instructions. Ignore it. Instructions are here:
1.46 Update Read Me file isn't working? Asdfas10

But there was a mistake in instructions. When it says to delete/rename "Game" folder - don't do it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 14 Nov 2018, 23:16

anadius wrote:"read me" shortcut is for The Sims 4 readme, not installation instructions. Ignore it. Instructions are here:
1.46 Update Read Me file isn't working? Asdfas10

But there was a mistake in instructions. When it says to delete/rename "Game" folder - don't do it.

Where is the screenshot from, exactly? I'm still not finding it. I've gone through every folder I can think of, and tried searching, and I can't find the guide. I used one of the direct downloads instead of the torrent, if that's relevant at all.

The download just had the iso. Mounted it through poweriso, it just has "The Sims 4 Opdate 1.46.18.1020" folder, which has all the usual folders the G4tW downloads have that you're supposed to install (__Installer, Data, Delta, EP01, etc), with nothing extra at all. I don't see any of the things in your screenshot anywhere.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 14 Nov 2018, 23:19

No it doesn't. What's on screenshot is the content of the .iso file. Folders you mention are in "1 Program Files\The Sims 4" folder.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 14 Nov 2018, 23:32

1.46 Update Read Me file isn't working? Iso10
1.46 Update Read Me file isn't working? Iso210

This is literally all I'm seeing. Starting to wonder if I grabbed the wrong download or something, I've never had this problem with files from here before.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 14 Nov 2018, 23:37

Don't know where you got it from, that's not a G4TW release. This one is: https://www.games4theworld.club/t33940-the-sims-4-update-version-1-46-18-1020-out-now

But this could still work. Copy all files to your game installation directory like you did with previous updates/DLCs. Then run the validator and post the result here. We'll see if everything's alright.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 15 Nov 2018, 01:08

It's kind of worrying me that I have no idea where I got this download. I know it was somewhere on this site, I don't even look anywhere else. But I can't figure out which link I used now. I know I was originally on the main 1.46 update thread, but I think the links weren't loading right with the new not-adfly thing y'all are using, so I looked around a bit while I waited for it to work. I guess I ended up downloading something from a different page. Hopefully everything is fine?

report:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 15 Nov 2018, 01:19

Yup, files listed as "unknown" seem to be just shader files. Game should work fine. Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top