Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sharing houses without posting to the gallery. [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sharing houses without posting to the gallery. [SOLVED] Empty Sharing houses without posting to the gallery. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Fri 19 Jun 2015, 21:19

Does anyone know how I can share my houses without using the gallery seeing that I cant. I saved all the houses in willow creek before I bulldozed on the lots just in case I wanted to use them again and i build and building my own lots.

How do I know which tray files is for which house I build and how do I extract it or copy it or whatever your suppose to do to share it for others to download.

I babble alot so typing questions are confusing me so sorry for that.

I made a tumblr account to show off my work although i dont think its all that so its on hiatus for the moment.

Im also currently building a middle school and highschool

THANKS IN ADVANCE FOR TAKING THE TIME TO REPLY TO MY QUESTION!
2015-06-19
Tea 5

Last edited by Carlos on Thu 02 Jul 2015, 13:21; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : add signature)

Back to top Go down

Sharing houses without posting to the gallery. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Sharing houses without posting to the gallery. [SOLVED]

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 20 Jun 2015, 03:34

newtothesimsworld wrote:Does anyone know how I can share my houses without using the gallery seeing that I cant. I saved all the houses in willow creek before I bulldozed on the lots just in case I wanted to use them again and i build and building my own lots.

How do I know which tray files is for which house I build and how do I extract it or copy it or whatever your suppose to do to share it for others to download.

I babble alot so typing questions are confusing me so sorry for that.

I made a tumblr account to show off my work although i dont think its all that so its on hiatus for the moment.

Im also currently building a middle school and highschool

THANKS IN ADVANCE FOR TAKING THE TIME TO REPLY TO MY QUESTION!
2015-06-19
Tea 5

Hello again,

You could check out some sites that offer TS4 custom content for download, like TSR. But I don't know about the details, of it, since I never did something like that myself. 

Maybe you can also upload your stuff here on the forum if we go ahead and open up a "Sims 4 Exchange" section, just like with Sims 3 back then. However, I'm unsure about the exchange idea on G4TW here too, as - in my opinion - the exchange of Sims 3 was never really...not sure how to call it, lol. "Not popular" may be too harsh, but in any case, the exchange of Sims 3 was never used very often.

And personally, I don't think that there is a high demand for a Sims 4 exchange here, at the moment, but we'll see.

Concerning your question, see the screenshot here from my own system:

Sharing houses without posting to the gallery. [SOLVED] 738tzpwuaf

Look at the encircled part of the files. Except for the file ending, they all have the same file name/prefix (in my case it's 0x00000002!0x0d67018b3df90182). Those files in the Tray folder are grouped according to these codes. Same code means they all belong together, to either a sim/family or a lot from the library.

So you will need to look for groups of codes basically. To help you further, codes that are related to LOTS have always a file with the file ending .blueprint. So look for .blueprint files, then look at their code, and then look for the remaining files with the same code.

And the result (if done correctly) is the group of files that you need when you want to upload the stuff somewhere. If you are unsure about what you did, navigate to Documents/Electronic Arts and change the folder name of "The Sims 4" to anything else, temporarily. Now start the game, wait until it gets to the main menu and exit it. 

Go back to the folder location, and put the files that you think are your lot, into the Tray folder there (put them of course, in your freshly created "The Sims 4"-folder, not your old one). Re-start the game again, and look in your library. This method is only to test whether you compiled all the correct files for a particular lot.

You can then of course delete then the freshly created "The Sims 4" folder, and rename the old one "back to normal".

Good luck for now, and feel free to let me know if you have further questions. Smile 
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Sharing houses without posting to the gallery. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Sharing houses without posting to the gallery. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Sat 20 Jun 2015, 04:33

ok thank you. I will give it a try and let you know if it works.  Cool

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 20 Jun 2015, 05:57

IT WORKED!!!!!!!

First I got confused cause my tray files looked like this, so I had to search for the files that are the same so I just picked anyone

Sharing houses without posting to the gallery. [SOLVED] Screen13

But then I forgot a bpi file so I had to search for it, that what I get for not going to get new glasses. But in the end it work. I didnt know which file I chose but it was this one.

Sharing houses without posting to the gallery. [SOLVED] Screen15
Thank you so much for your help  Dedicated to Carlos I tip my fedora.

Mystery solved

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 20 Jun 2015, 18:39

I do have another question. Will the name be shown to other users in the gallery as RLD! ???  cause it says created by me/you when I check to see if I got the correct files in one.

Back to top Go down

Post by coolcandy3001 Sat 20 Jun 2015, 18:59

Oh, Thanks Carlos! I was looking this up for myself just the other day - it worked!
coolcandy3001
coolcandy3001
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP
Discharged with Honors
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 8

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Sims, Animal Crossing WW & NL, Tomodachi Life, Sonic Adventure 2, The Dog Island, Minecraft, Terraria & *Many more*

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 20 Jun 2015, 19:10

newtothesimsworld wrote:I do have another question. Will the name be shown to other users in the gallery as RLD! ???  cause it says created by me/you when I check to see if I got the correct files in one.

You're welcome, first of all. Smile  And I'm unsure...can you even (still) upload stuff to the gallery with a cracked Sims 4 ? I tried it myself a few weeks ago, and it didn't work for me. Feel free to let us know, if you managed to do this. 

And another user did this same thing about half a year ago. She asked if the RLD showed up on her creations in the gallery. I searched for her Origin ID back then, and looked at her sim. But no mention of anything with RLD. There was only her Origin ID.

It seems/seemed that only the individual user himself/herself can see the thing with RLD, but not nay other users. Again, provided that it's even possible to still upload to the gallery with a cracked Sims 4.

coolcandy3001 wrote:Oh, Thanks Carlos! I was looking this up for myself just the other day - it worked!

You're also welcome coolcandy. Smile  Feel free to check out this more comprehensive message here, which I wrote just earlier today:
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t20431-the-inside-of-the-tray-folder
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 20 Jun 2015, 19:41

If I post a link to one of my houses later on, will someone give it a try to see if it works?

Sorry for my many questions

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 20 Jun 2015, 19:52

newtothesimsworld wrote:If I post a link to one of my houses later on, will someone give it a try to see if it works?

Sorry for my many questions

Sure, feel free to upload your stuff to a filehosting service, like MediaFire or MEGA. Then post the link here, and I will see to it, next time I get to play (and maybe someone else will try the stuff too). Smile 
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 20 Jun 2015, 20:18

Carlos wrote:
newtothesimsworld wrote:I do have another question. Will the name be shown to other users in the gallery as RLD! ???  cause it says created by me/you when I check to see if I got the correct files in one.

You're welcome, first of all. Smile  And I'm unsure...can you even (still) upload stuff to the gallery with a cracked Sims 4 ? I tried it myself a few weeks ago, and it didn't work for me. Feel free to let us know, if you managed to do this. 

And another user did this same thing about half a year ago. She asked if the RLD showed up on her creations in the gallery. I searched for her Origin ID back then, and looked at her sim. But no mention of anything with RLD. There was only her Origin ID.

It seems/seemed that only the individual user himself/herself can see the thing with RLD, but not nay other users. Again, provided that it's even possible to still upload to the gallery with a cracked Sims 4.

coolcandy3001 wrote:Oh, Thanks Carlos! I was looking this up for myself just the other day - it worked!

You're also welcome coolcandy. Smile  Feel free to check out this more comprehensive message here, which I wrote just earlier today:
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t20431-the-inside-of-the-tray-folder

I actually uploaded some of my house in the gallery with my username: CzarinaXJO and not RLD! Smile
but the only problem is I can only use the base game items and the CC I downloaded, I can't use the GTW,Outdoor Retreat,Luxury,Christmas stuff.. Very Happy because origin detected I don't have those packs in my account. Smile 

feel free to download my house.. ^O^ and some of my CC @ ModTheSims.. 
Link is in my signature.. Smile 

and to make the file more easier to find, I arranged it to "Date Modified"
Sharing houses without posting to the gallery. [SOLVED] 110yf0o
and before saving the house, I check the time, then here:
I easily find it, Smile
Sharing houses without posting to the gallery. [SOLVED] 21dk7xu

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 20 Jun 2015, 21:11

xKooriix wrote:
I actually uploaded some of my house in the gallery with my username: CzarinaXJO and not RLD! Smile
but the only problem is I can only use the base game items and the CC I downloaded, I can't use the GTW,Outdoor Retreat,Luxury,Christmas stuff.. Very Happy because origin detected I don't have those packs in my account. Smile 

feel free to download my house.. ^O^ and some of my CC @ ModTheSims.. 
Link is in my signature.. Smile 

and to make the file more easier to find, I arranged it to "Date Modified"
Sharing houses without posting to the gallery. [SOLVED] 110yf0o
and before saving the house, I check the time, then here:
I easily find it, Smile
Sharing houses without posting to the gallery. [SOLVED] 21dk7xu

Thanks for the input ! Smile  However, if it's not possible to upload the "full" stuff to the gallery with a cracked Sims 4, I personally wouldn't bother at all. If I want to upload stuff, I personally want to be able to use stuff from the other DLC too.

I myself would try the method I described above already, but that's of course only a suggestion.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 21 Jun 2015, 00:30

Hi Carlos 
So here is my house. If u do try it can u tell me my origin name cause im not sure which one will show up 
Tʏᴘᴇ: Rᴇsɪᴅᴇɴᴛɪᴀʟ
Sɪᴢᴇ: 30x20
Mᴏᴅᴇʀɴ Sᴛᴀʀᴛᴇʀ Hᴏᴍᴇ
#106 Pᴇʟᴜᴍ Dʀɪᴠᴇ
Lᴏᴛ Vᴀʟᴜᴇ: $48,533
1Bᴇᴅ 1 Bᴀᴛʜ

ʙᴀsᴇ ɢᴀᴍᴇ ᴄᴏɴᴛᴇɴᴛ ᴏɴʟʏ// cause i saw the post and did the base game alone just incase
ᴅᴏᴡɴʟᴏᴀᴅ: https://mega.co.nz/#!PdlWgZJR!EydmS1Wgu0It-mhRJU0oQEM8iVX0ytB5BfD1HUwHqvY

Sharing houses without posting to the gallery. [SOLVED] Untitl10

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Tue 23 Jun 2015, 03:21

Sorry for the late reply, but I have not forgotten about this. Smile  I just didn't get play any Sims 4 in recent days. I'll get back to you later this week, and I will of course test your lot too.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 23 Jun 2015, 18:18

No problem. Thanks very much

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 27 Jun 2015, 11:55

newtothesimsworld wrote:No problem. Thanks very much

Sorry for taking so long... WhatDidUJustCallMe?  I put the files from your link into my Tray-folder, and the house showed up ! However, this is what it looks like for me:

Sharing houses without posting to the gallery. [SOLVED] 6xkxuwclwkl7

It says "created by: you" and it allows me to "upload" it to the gallery. It seems that the house is detected as if I myself created it (don't worry, I of course won't re-upload that under my own name; I have no interest in that, at all). Pretty interesting...if you ask me.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 27 Jun 2015, 16:19

ok cool. thanks for your help

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sun 28 Jun 2015, 03:14

newtothesimsworld wrote:ok cool. thanks for your help

No problem at all. By the way, the house is nice, and I might use it for my own sim too, to live in. Very Happy

Is there anything else you need help with right now, or can I consider the topic "solved" ? Smile 
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 28 Jun 2015, 16:11

No problem. You can solve it

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 28 Jun 2015, 17:39

[quote="Carlos"]
newtothesimsworld wrote:
It says "created by: you"
That's probably because it's created by RLD and both of you are RLD. So I'm guessing to someone who bought the game, it would probably show up as created by RLD

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Thu 02 Jul 2015, 13:20

urmom wrote:That's probably because it's created by RLD and both of you are RLD. So I'm guessing to someone who bought the game, it would probably show up as created by RLD

I guess you're right, but in the end it doesn't really matter as it's not even possible anymore to upload stuff to the gallery with a pirated Sims 4, seemingly. You would need a legit Sims 4 game for that.  Smile  Maybe it is possible to upload stuff to the gallery with a fake Origin account being "online" while you run your Sims 4 game, but in that case the stuff from the DLC and expansions wouldn't work.

Luckily, the vast majority of people only want to download stuff from the gallery, making our "job" here much easier. As the OP's problem is solved, I will close the topic. Have fun !
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top