Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

No CC or expansions showing up on Sims 4...... HELP lol

View previous topic View next topic Go down

No CC or expansions showing up on Sims 4...... HELP lol Empty No CC or expansions showing up on Sims 4...... HELP lol

Post by Guest Sat 11 Jul 2015, 11:17

I've followed all the installation guidelines down to the letter and the base game is running perfectly. Ive downloaded Origin and I'm able to connect to the library but I cannot download anything and any of the CC I have downloaded (and put into the correct files eg: Mods or Tray) are not appearing in the game. Ive made sure that I am offline on Origin before entering a game and still the Houses that I have downloaded aren't appearing in the game once I have placed them. I have only downloaded the one house and the one hairstyle to test the water but it appears I am having no luck with that  WhatDidUJustCallMe?.
Also The expansions aren't running either?  Like I said I followed all the instructions exactly but I have obviously missed something Facepalm  and   IAmSoHappyEmergahwd  I will not be happy playing the game until I get some CC on there haha especially since you can't customise everything like in TS3.
Any help/advice would be much appreciated!

Thanks Guys
arcanebeauty  Can't touch banana

Back to top Go down

No CC or expansions showing up on Sims 4...... HELP lol Empty Re: No CC or expansions showing up on Sims 4...... HELP lol

Post by Guest Sun 19 Jul 2015, 00:20

Hello,

I believe mods will work as normal if you have the files installed in your mods folder. They are located in Documents -> Electronic Arts -> The Sims 4 -> Mods. Inside you should see Resource.cfg. Leave that alone because it is what TS4 (or any sims if you've played others) to recognize the mods. If you place the mods there you should get a prompt to enable them in game.

However, hearing your case, you seem to be downloading the mods from in game which isn't the best due to the fact the game will NOT connect to origins. You HAVE TO do manual install of the mods into the folder that i mentioned above. 

Download the mod from modding sites (thesimsresources) and place the mod within the Mods folder.

Back to top Go down

No CC or expansions showing up on Sims 4...... HELP lol Empty Re: No CC or expansions showing up on Sims 4...... HELP lol

Post by Guest Sun 19 Jul 2015, 00:51

Yes, I have been downloading from thesimsresource, and I was also getting the in game prompt (before you click the play button) saying that there were "scripts running" like hairstyles and stuff but they were not showing up in the game. I have totally given up now haha, I didn't have any problems when I installed the sims3 and all the expansions and never had a problem with CC or mods etc. I have no patience for things after the 2nd attempt lol
Thanks so much for you're help Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 21 Jul 2015, 03:20

I've made a complete guide on how to install TS4 on Mac using Wine.

There is no need for Origin to run the game. I downloaded mods that added traits, hair, scripts, and it worked fine. Even after DLC being taken away my mods remained active.

Try following the instructions I posted. 

****"As far as I know, the only issue concerning the DLC + Addons is that Origin can somehow detect your DLC and taking it away. But it all depends on your luck. I ran up to 5 times without it being taken from me."

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top