Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Sims 3: Some Expansions Not Showing In Registry, But Do in Programs (With Blank Icons)? [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Sims 3: Some Expansions Not Showing In Registry, But Do in Programs (With Blank Icons)? [SOLVED] Empty The Sims 3: Some Expansions Not Showing In Registry, But Do in Programs (With Blank Icons)? [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Mon 21 Mar 2016, 17:55

Hi guys!

I just downloaded the G4TW Sims 3 Complete Collection and installed them all to the D Drive (except for the Katy Perry's Sweet Treats stuff pack) and I've noticed some work, and some don't!

I've been getting the launcher error, so I've been delving into the registry and realised something weird: in the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Sims\ folder certain stuff packs and expansions are missing! However, in the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Electronic Arts\Sims\ folder they ARE there.. Of course, in the second folder it isn't much use, as there are no EXEpath or anything that I may change.

I've used the Registry Helper and the same problem expansions  and stuff packs come up, again, but some don't! I can't exactly change the paths to the files in the registry if they aren't showing up at all! 

The expansions and stuff packs that aren't showing are:

Movie Stuff, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future.

I'm considering uninstalling it all and starting from scratch, if there is no other fix! I just find it weird they ALL show in the Programs and Features section, but without their icons. So they're INSTALLED, but for some reason they're not showing up!

I've obviously used the Ultimate Fix and everything, though I had to rename multiple folders where the items were installed and changed the paths where I could (the registry EXEpaths I could change worked fine, nothing flagging in the Registry Helper either). 

So, to sum it up, I can't fix their EXEpaths because they're not even in the registry!

Hope to get it fixed somehow, thanks for any replies! Smile

Back to top Go down

The Sims 3: Some Expansions Not Showing In Registry, But Do in Programs (With Blank Icons)? [SOLVED] Empty Re: The Sims 3: Some Expansions Not Showing In Registry, But Do in Programs (With Blank Icons)? [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Mon 21 Mar 2016, 18:20

Hi,
in many pirated versions of games registry files are deleted. I, personally, have that problem with other games but it works just fine.
To run Sims 3 you just have to use launcher. 
Do all items and towns of those expansion pack show up at all?

Back to top Go down

The Sims 3: Some Expansions Not Showing In Registry, But Do in Programs (With Blank Icons)? [SOLVED] Empty Re: The Sims 3: Some Expansions Not Showing In Registry, But Do in Programs (With Blank Icons)? [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Mon 21 Mar 2016, 18:27

simmer_tony wrote:Hi,
in many pirated versions of games registry files are deleted. I, personally, have that problem with other games but it works just fine.

Hiya!

I can't actually use the launcher, hence why I was going into the registry in the first place WhatDidUJustCallMe? I managed to open it without launcher and none of the content from those 4 expansions showed up at all. Really weird how I installed them and they aren't coming up at all WhatDidUJustCallMe?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 21 Mar 2016, 18:38

Try reinstalling those expansions pack, but if it doesn`t help reinstall whole game.
Remember to disable antivirus if you have one and (optional) disconnect from Internet.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Tue 22 Mar 2016, 02:29

NeckroBunny wrote:Hi guys!

I just downloaded the G4TW Sims 3 Complete Collection and installed them all to the D Drive (except for the Katy Perry's Sweet Treats stuff pack) and I've noticed some work, and some don't!

I've been getting the launcher error, so I've been delving into the registry and realised something weird: in the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Sims\ folder certain stuff packs and expansions are missing! However, in the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Electronic Arts\Sims\ folder they ARE there.. Of course, in the second folder it isn't much use, as there are no EXEpath or anything that I may change.

I've used the Registry Helper and the same problem expansions  and stuff packs come up, again, but some don't! I can't exactly change the paths to the files in the registry if they aren't showing up at all! 

The expansions and stuff packs that aren't showing are:

Movie Stuff, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future.

I'm considering uninstalling it all and starting from scratch, if there is no other fix! I just find it weird they ALL show in the Programs and Features section, but without their icons. So they're INSTALLED, but for some reason they're not showing up!

I've obviously used the Ultimate Fix and everything, though I had to rename multiple folders where the items were installed and changed the paths where I could (the registry EXEpaths I could change worked fine, nothing flagging in the Registry Helper either). 

So, to sum it up, I can't fix their EXEpaths because they're not even in the registry!

Hope to get it fixed somehow, thanks for any replies! Smile

Hello again,

Experience shows that these errors are due to improperly (un-)installed expansions or stuffpacks. For example, people often forget to re-boot after un-installing something, which is a common error.

I suggest you have a look at this here:
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t19018-un-installing-the-sims-3-a-reference-guide

Take your time for reading through it, and do the steps shown there. After which you should re-boot the computer. Then start afresh with the installation. Good luck !

simmer_tony wrote:Hi,

Hello,

I doubt that this issue happens more often with pirated games, since the only thing that is different in pirated games is that you replace one or more .exe and/or .dll files, with pirated ones, which typically disables the disc-check only, and doesn't modify anything else about the game. Besides, in many modern pirated games, there aren't even any relevant registry entries anymore.

Also, you can start the game 'directly', by means of the TS3W.exe, located by default under C:\Program files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Game\Bin.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 29 Mar 2016, 00:09

Hello again, wrote:
Experience shows that these errors are due to improperly (un-)installed expansions or stuffpacks. For example, people often forget to re-boot after un-installing something, which is a common error.

I suggest you have a look at this here:
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t19018-un-installing-the-sims-3-a-reference-guide

Take your time for reading through it, and do the steps shown there. After which you should re-boot the computer. Then start afresh with the installation. Good luck !

Hi again!

I uninstalled those particular stuff packs and expansions with Your Uninstaller in Super Mode, then reinstalled them the same as before, and voila, they work perfectly fine! Suppose some things can get lost in registry etc, since it worked great second time! Thank you so much Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Tue 29 Mar 2016, 16:30

NeckroBunny wrote:
Hi again!

I uninstalled those particular stuff packs and expansions with Your Uninstaller in Super Mode, then reinstalled them the same as before, and voila, they work perfectly fine! Suppose some things can get lost in registry etc, since it worked great second time! Thank you so much Smile

Nice to hear ! Have fun with the game and don't hesitate to get back in touch with us again if you need more support on anything we can help with. Smile
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top