Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Can't play Fallout 3 Pc with controller

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Can't play Fallout 3 Pc with controller Empty Can't play Fallout 3 Pc with controller

Post by Guest Sat 25 Jul 2015, 12:58

Hello, Recently I bought controller for pc, specially for fallout 3. But when I play Fallout 3 game doesn't respond for controller, I set device in settings but game doesn't respond. Controller is fine played couple games before Fallout 3.
Why this happens?  WhatDidUJustCallMe?

Back to top Go down

Can't play Fallout 3 Pc with controller Empty Re: Can't play Fallout 3 Pc with controller

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 25 Jul 2015, 13:36

Opheliakc wrote:Hello, Recently I bought controller for pc, specially for fallout 3. But when I play Fallout 3 game doesn't respond for controller, I set device in settings but game doesn't respond. Controller is fine played couple games before Fallout 3.

What kind of controller are you using ? Some games don't recognize certain controllers...there may be workarounds in some cases, but let's see.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Can't play Fallout 3 Pc with controller Empty Re: Can't play Fallout 3 Pc with controller

Post by Guest Sat 25 Jul 2015, 13:44

Carlos wrote:
Opheliakc wrote:Hello, Recently I bought controller for pc, specially for fallout 3. But when I play Fallout 3 game doesn't respond for controller, I set device in settings but game doesn't respond. Controller is fine played couple games before Fallout 3.

What kind of controller are you using ? Some games don't recognize certain controllers...there may be workarounds in some cases, but let's see.

It's snopy sg-401

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 25 Jul 2015, 14:06

Opheliakc wrote:
It's snopy sg-401

This one here ?
http://www.segment.com.tr/en/urunler/snopy-sg-401-usb-joypad-koyct/

It seems to be from a Turkish manufacturer (and I don't speak Turkish), but there seems to be a link for a controller driver. Can you download and re-install the driver ? Smile

Also, can you try plugging the controller into a different USB port ? Finally, make sure you have all available Windows updates downloaded and installed too.

I recall that I myself had a similar controller way back, and it worked for a few games too, but not for many of the "more modern" ones. Eventually I decided to buy a (relatively cheap) XBOX 360 controller for Windows, and with that, almost all games are playable.

I'm not saying you should also do the same (and buy a new controller), but some controllers will not really work with certain games, and at that point, there isn't much else you can do.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 25 Jul 2015, 14:13

Well yes it's turkish product. I can't buy other controller and drivers are up to date, I think I should accept my fate now Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 25 Jul 2015, 14:19

Opheliakc wrote:Well yes it's turkish product. I can't buy other controller and drivers are up to date, I think I should accept my fate now Sad

Sad

But you could still play with the keyboard + mouse ? Personally, I would recommend NOT using controllers, for most games, because they are simply a pain to use. But maybe it's just because I am so used to playing most PC games that way.

For some specialized games like martial arts stuff (Mortal Kombat, Tekken, Streetfighter,...) and racing games, controllers are good, but for most other games I myself prefer the good old keyboard and mouse.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 25 Jul 2015, 14:24

I like controllers so much and playing with controller is easier than everything for me, that's why I wanted it but my dreams crushed lol

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat 25 Jul 2015, 23:37

Hi,

Did you enable "Controller" in the game settings?
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 26 Jul 2015, 11:10

Admin wrote:Hi,

Did you enable "Controller" in the game settings?

Yes  WhatDidUJustCallMe?

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun 26 Jul 2015, 14:31

Hi there,

Then I'm sorry, I don't have any possible solutions at the moment. Only game I play with controller is Assassin's Creed, but that's an Xbox 360 controller, so it easily connects.
I think there is software that allows you to "configure" controls, maybe those can be of any help, I don't know.
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 13 Sep 2016, 22:55

I found a solution for this. There's an app that's called x360ce. Worked for me.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top