Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Install custom content using Wine (TS4)

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Install custom content using Wine (TS4) Empty Install custom content using Wine (TS4)

Post by Guest Thu 13 Aug 2015, 19:29

I successfully installed ts4 using wine, following the guide on this forum. But I can't find a tutorial on how to install custom content.
I tried right clicking on the wrapper > show content and then created a "Mods" folder in the c_drive (program files/electronic arts/the sims 4/... etc), , but it doesn't work.
Is there another way to do it?

Back to top Go down

Install custom content using Wine (TS4) Empty Re: Install custom content using Wine (TS4)

Post by The_gh0stm4n Fri 21 Aug 2015, 00:46

echtra wrote:I successfully installed ts4 using wine, following the guide on this forum. But I can't find a tutorial on how to install custom content.
I tried right clicking on the wrapper > show content and then created a "Mods" folder in the c_drive (program files/electronic arts/the sims 4/... etc), , but it doesn't work.
Is there another way to do it?

Sorry for the belated reply,

Please note that in general, we don't give "official" Sims 4 support for Mac. Smile  However, in your case I believe you are looking in the wrong location. Please see the guide here:
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t18175-how-to-install-custom-content-in-ts4-package-files-script-mods-custom-sims-lots-updated-on-21-03-2015

Although the guide was intended for Windows users in the first place, I believe the location of the Mods-folder should be similar in Mac OS, namely: Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\Mods. It will show up once you started up the game at least once. Though I'm wondering if you need to "wrap" that particular folder location too, but it's the best thing you can try. Good luck !

The Sims Plumbob 1
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Install custom content using Wine (TS4) Empty Re: Install custom content using Wine (TS4)

Post by Guest Sat 22 Aug 2015, 14:20

there's no "Mods" folder in that location. I tried to create one, adding a resource.plst in it but nothing worked.

The wrapper doesn't work smoothly. I have been playing the GTW expansion for a week, but yesterday suddenly disappeared deleting my store and doctor career.
Also, I wanted to reinstall everything all over again, but couldn't find the "Saves" folder.

I give up, without support I can't do this alone WhatDidUJustCallMe?

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top