Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

About the latest update

View previous topic View next topic Go down

About the latest update Empty About the latest update

Post by Guest Sun 16 Aug 2015, 02:17

Hi everyone! I tip my fedora. 

I finally managed to get the game working consistently on my PC, and in both of angel1437's computers. It seems that the 'fix' is that the The Sims 4 folder cannot be inside the Electronic Arts folder in Program Files. There was no logical reason of why the game should be working on 'pure' RELOADED installs and not in our version of the game, as it's the same crack. The only difference is the default install location of both the versions: RELOADED's installer puts the game by default in Program Files (x86)\The Sims 4, while ours puts it in Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4. And it seems that this is the crux of the matter: if you take the The Sims 4 folder out of Electronic Arts and into Program Files (x86), the game works fine without even modifying any of the game files.

This was confirmed by Misfit203 here:
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t20923-origin-is-not-running-error#141644

That's very strange to be honest, but it seems to work. Others are also reporting that just having the game installation folder somewhere else (but on Electronic Arts) works too, like external drives or any other folder for that matter.

Back to top Go down

About the latest update Empty Re: About the latest update

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sun 16 Aug 2015, 02:51

It would be interesting to test whether or not the "original" RELOADED base game would work if you moved the install folder to Program files(x86)\Electronic Arts.

But I don't think there is any need to bother with that. That fix of moving the install folder elsewhere should work just fine. Also take note of my post here: changing the registry after moving the install folder doesn't seem to be necessary.

Very Happy
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 16 Aug 2015, 02:54

Carlos wrote:It would be interesting to test whether or not the "original" RELOADED base game would work if you moved the install folder to Program files(x86)\Electronic Arts.

But I don't think there is any need to bother with that. That fix of moving the install folder elsewhere should work just fine. Also take note of my post here: changing the registry after moving the install folder doesn't seem to be necessary.

Very Happy

Yeah, I was reading your post right now. I didn't change the registry either, and it's very interesting that it works just like that. But I won't question it. Razz

It's great that the language can be changed exactly the same. So, the Language Changer that it's included in our download should still work just fine.

Now we just need to wait on Admin. It's good that you were able to take the time to mess around with the update. Thanks! I tip my fedora.

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun 16 Aug 2015, 21:40

Hi all,

I already shot Carlos a PM.
To sum things up: the RLD installer is just like a self-extracting archive. Just select an empty folder on your Desktop and tell the installer that the game is installed there. It'll them extract all the files to that folder, and voilà, you have all the files you need.
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sun 16 Aug 2015, 23:22

Can anybody send me the original .docx install guide for the TS4 Ultimate fix ? Smile  So I can start uploading the fix myself, which will take a little while (as my upload speeds aren't good, but OK). 
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 16 Aug 2015, 23:31

Carlos wrote:Can anybody send me the original .docx install guide for the TS4 Ultimate fix ? Smile  So I can start uploading the fix myself, which will take a little while (as my upload speeds aren't good, but OK). 

You mean the guide from the latest Ultimate Fix? They are all in PDF, but I can convert it to .docx before sending it your way if you want. Smile
And do you want me to attach it here or send it via email?

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sun 16 Aug 2015, 23:34

SeoY wrote:
You mean the guide from the latest Ultimate Fix? They are all in PDF, but I can convert it to .docx before sending it your way if you want. Smile
And do you want me to attach it here or send it via email?

I was hoping the Admin would still be online, but I came on too late now. Yes, if you like convert them to .docx first, and I'll make the changes, then convert it back to .pdf. Very Happy

And you can post the MEGA-link just here. No problem with that.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 16 Aug 2015, 23:54

Carlos wrote:I was hoping the Admin would still be online, but I came on too late now. Yes, if you like convert them to .docx first, and I'll make the changes, then convert it back to .pdf. Very Happy

And you can post the MEGA-link just here. No problem with that.

Sorry, the first convert came out all wonky. But it's fixed now.

And I'm having some problems uploading to MEGA right now. It's just 19 KB, so I hope there's no problem that I just upload it here. Sorry about that. Why.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Mon 17 Aug 2015, 00:00

SeoY wrote:
Sorry, the first convert came out all wonky. But it's fixed now.

And I'm having some problems uploading to MEGA right now. It's just 19 KB, so I hope there's no problem that I just upload it here. Sorry about that. Why.

Thanks a lot for your efforts ! Very Happy  I'll start working straight away.

P.S. I'm most likely going to split the download in 4 or 5 parts because (as I said) my own upload isn't good. Plus in general, my internet seems to be unstable recently. But as a temporary solution it should suffice. Also, I'm guessing that tons of people will be downloading from the MEGA account then (I am using the "free" MEGA account).

If there are bandwidth restrictions on the free MEGA, I'll just tell people to go for RELOADED's release instead, lol. Or wait until the Admin is back from vacation.

//EDIT

OK, I just realized I may have wasted time with the (free) MEGA account. There is a bandwidth limit of 10GB, and according to this here users would need to wait 30 minutes for a "refill", after the bandwidth has been exceeded.

The new Ultimate fix is over 4GB in size.

Should I bother starting from scratch - with MediaFire ? At least they don't appear to have bandwidth limits...

//EDIT

OK, it was a pain, but I finally managed to complete the "temporary solution", here:
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t20953-temporary-the-sims-4-ultimate-fix-version-1-10-57-1020-out-now

In case you didn't notice, I allowed myself to lock the TS4 Ultimate fixes thread, since people were asking questions, chatting, spamming, insulting, posting warez links, etc. If anybody wants to re-open the thread later on, feel free to do it. Though I wouldn't recommend it. 

We've got a Carloz. 
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top