Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

does this "basegame update only" remove DLC's & do I need to install every update to get to the latest?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

does this "basegame update only" remove DLC's & do I need to install every update to get to the latest? Empty does this "basegame update only" remove DLC's & do I need to install every update to get to the latest?

Post by Guest Sun 11 Nov 2018, 17:32

Hello!

I downloaded an all in one pack, which was the cats & dogs update (v1.36.120.1020), and I have only recently tried downloading all updates that came after that. I am currently in v1.40.61.1020 (which I have installed from here). I'm downloading this update (v1.41.38.1020) right now.

and I want to ask about some stuffs since I'm new to this;

1st question...
Will installing that remove all DLC's/game packs I have? 

2nd question... 
Do I need to install every update to get to the latest version which is v1.46?

That's what I've been doing since yesterday. I've only gotten to v1.40 and it's already been 2 days.. I'm just wondering when I'll be able to play Sims again with the latest version because I still need to install tons of updates to get to v1.46.

Back to top Go down

does this "basegame update only" remove DLC's & do I need to install every update to get to the latest? Empty Re: does this "basegame update only" remove DLC's & do I need to install every update to get to the latest?

Post by Guest Mon 12 Nov 2018, 09:22

1st QUESTION SOLVED:

YES IT DOES.

Back to top Go down

does this "basegame update only" remove DLC's & do I need to install every update to get to the latest? Empty Re: does this "basegame update only" remove DLC's & do I need to install every update to get to the latest?

Post by Guest Mon 12 Nov 2018, 18:02

1. Yes and no. It won't delete them from your computer, it will just disable them in crack config.

2. No. If you want to install everything from G4TW, you must download all DLCs, and then the latest update. Basing on what you said you need to install My First Pet Stuff (includes update 1.41.38.1020), then Seasons (includes update 1.44.77.1020), and then Update 1.46. On top of the forum there's "All Games4theworld downloads" button, you will find everything there.

You could also try my repack, which allows you to skip downloading DLCs you don't want to install.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 14 Nov 2018, 18:25

anadius wrote:1. Yes and no. It won't delete them from your computer, it will just disable them in crack config.  
Regarding the answer to the 1st question.. 
How do I refrain the update from disabling the other DLC's? 
I have all released DLC's since I like them all and would like to have them all in my game. (which explains why I got flabbergasted when I saw they all got removed) 

When I copied and pasted the items included in the G4TW 1.41.38.1020 then opened my game, all DLC's have been removed. 

I would've played the 1.41 update if only it didn't remove all my DLC. 

I would like to install the 1.41 update and the following updates up to 1.46 without all my DLC's getting disabled. 

Thank you! Also, I am refraining from downloading large files because of my internet connection and limited time, unfortunately. Just installing an all in one pack took me days and it was only about 24gb-28gb(?)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 14 Nov 2018, 18:47

To get them working you would need unedited codex.cfg file for that update. I'll send it to you in private message.

As far as I know 1.41.38.1020 was the last version G4TW made "basegame" update. If you want to use their releases, you need to download Seasons and Update 1.46. That's 11.2GB to download. If you want just the update, then my repack is the best you can get. ~3.5GB to download and it won't disable your DLCs. But you should consider waiting a few days. There was update 1.47.49.1020 released yesterday, I'll release it once somebody creates a crack, which should be a day or two after Get Famous release date.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top