Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Not enough space popup... but there is enough space?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Not enough space popup... but there is enough space? Empty Not enough space popup... but there is enough space?

Post by Guest Wed 19 Aug 2015, 05:44

Not sure what I am doing wrong here but I am opening one .rar and and trying to move over the files and I am getting an error part way through that there is not enough space yet the drive has 100gb. Not sure what I am missing here.

I just had an epiphany that it is my C drive that is the problem.. I'm leaving this here in case I am wrong. Will delete.

Not enough space popup... but there is enough space? 2d92u0p

Not enough space popup... but there is enough space? Wukn6e

Not enough space popup... but there is enough space? 2j61rhf

Not enough space popup... but there is enough space? 34hgf9f

Back to top Go down

Not enough space popup... but there is enough space? Empty Re: Not enough space popup... but there is enough space?

Post by Guest Wed 19 Aug 2015, 05:49

Hey there, I think it might be the C drive, yeah.
Maybe it's installing there and not to storage.

Back to top Go down

Not enough space popup... but there is enough space? Empty Re: Not enough space popup... but there is enough space?

Post by Guest Wed 19 Aug 2015, 06:55

Hi there, @jenstl! Very Happy

Yes, it looks like it's extracting to C: and that's why you are getting that error. Did you choose the D: drive for extraction?

And you should really try making a little more space in the C: drive. Not just for this case, but some apps need space in C: exclusively, and having so little space left could cause problems in the future.

Please, let us know how it goes. Good luck!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 19 Aug 2015, 07:03

Yup! It was the C drive but the fix did break my family lol so not sure how to fix that. I did not realize my C was so full until I was proofreading my post and looking at the images.. derp

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Wed 19 Aug 2015, 07:31

jenstl wrote:Yup! It was the C drive but the fix did break my family lol so not sure how to fix that. I did not realize my C was so full until I was proofreading my post and looking at the images.. derp

I'm not aware of the files extracting "automatically" to C:, unless you chose that drive. You could open the folder window of an empty folder, in the D: drive, and drag + drop the files from the .RAR, into that D: drive folder. But OK.

As for "breaking the family", I guess that's not so much a problem about the update (my own saves still work fine), as it is about unstable and glitchy TS4 saves in general. See #2 of the guide here:

https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t20396-unable-to-start-the-contents-of-your-user-data-directory-were-created-by-a-newer-version-of-the-sims-4

Try restoring an earlier version of your save...even if you might lose some in-game progress.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 19 Aug 2015, 18:53

Carlos wrote:
jenstl wrote:Yup! It was the C drive but the fix did break my family lol so not sure how to fix that. I did not realize my C was so full until I was proofreading my post and looking at the images.. derp

I'm not aware of the files extracting "automatically" to C:, unless you chose that drive. You could open the folder window of an empty folder, in the D: drive, and drag + drop the files from the .RAR, into that D: drive folder. But OK.

As for "breaking the family", I guess that's not so much a problem about the update (my own saves still work fine), as it is about unstable and glitchy TS4 saves in general. See #2 of the guide here:

https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t20396-unable-to-start-the-contents-of-your-user-data-directory-were-created-by-a-newer-version-of-the-sims-4

Try restoring an earlier version of your save...even if you might lose some in-game progress.

I was assuming that it would be the stuff that goes to My Documents. It's specifically the GP01/ClientFullBuild that it gets stuck on every time. I have the game loaded, the popups showed for the pack, I could see newcrest. Perhaps its a Mod that I have causing this issue. I was able to enter build mode on a house and everything.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top