Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Not Enough Space

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Not Enough Space Empty Not Enough Space

Post by Guest Thu 16 Apr 2015, 03:21

I've gotten the Sims 3 game from you guys many time, but I've started playing a MMO that takes up a lot space now. I'd read a post once where a moderator had a friend that could help increase memory to 4GB. 

I've found and downloaded it but there are no instructions and when opening the zip file, another window opening asking me where I want to save the file. I'm a true Sims 3 fan and would like to be able to enjoy both games, so what do I have to do to increase my memory to 4GB?

Back to top Go down

Not Enough Space Empty Re: Not Enough Space

Post by Sim Architect Thu 16 Apr 2015, 08:13

Hi! The 4GB patch is to fix the game, so it will use more than 4 GB of RAM, meaning it is not related to the disk space issue you are facing.

To fix your problem you have only two alternatives: (re)move some large files (videos are usually the largest) or large programs to free up some disk space or get another drive (which can be a second drive or a drive replacement, depending on your hardware).

Please, let us know if you need further assistance, and have a happy simming!

Tea 5 Tea 5
Sim Architect
Sim Architect
G4TW HONORARY Moderator
The Gray Eminence :p
G4TW HONORARY Moderator The Gray Eminence :p

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Plants vs Zombies, The Sims 3, Cities Skylines, The Sims 4

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Thu 16 Apr 2015, 23:07

14rose14 wrote:I've gotten the Sims 3 game from you guys many time, but I've started playing a MMO that takes up a lot space now. I'd read a post once where a moderator had a friend that could help increase memory to 4GB. 

I've found and downloaded it but there are no instructions and when opening the zip file, another window opening asking me where I want to save the file. I'm a true Sims 3 fan and would like to be able to enjoy both games, so what do I have to do to increase my memory to 4GB?

In addition, keep in mind that in order to "increase memory to 4GB", you MUST have a 64-bit operating system, a 64-bit CPU, a motherboard that supports this feature, and of course a computer with at least 4GB of RAM memory.

Most modern computers should have the right motherboards and CPUs for that, so the crucial thing for you is to figure out if you have at least 4GB of RAM and if you have a 64-bit Windows system too.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 16 Nov 2015, 05:19

Thank you for replying to my message, and I'm sorry for the late reply, but, you know, life.... Anyway, I know I'm suppose to start a new thread for new problems, but when I tried it said "Sorry, but only users granted special access can post topics on this forum." 

My problem is that my laptop was one of the ones granted a free upgrade to windows 10. However, now that I try to download MagicDisk so that I can mount the Sims 3 base game, it's saying that windows 10 is not compatible and that is the only way that I've ever been able to get the base game. Is there a way to get MagicDisk to download with windows 10? (I've downloaded the Magic_DVD file from the downloads list just in case)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sim Architect Mon 16 Nov 2015, 05:52

[coloe=ffaabb]You don't need Origin neither a disk to run the game, if you apply the fix (and one expansion afer/newer than Generations). Please follow the instructions in my video below an lets know.

Tea 5 Tea 5

The Sims 3 Complete Collection: https://youtu.be/oTx-Swi2YV0[/color]
Sim Architect
Sim Architect
G4TW HONORARY Moderator
The Gray Eminence :p
G4TW HONORARY Moderator The Gray Eminence :p

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Plants vs Zombies, The Sims 3, Cities Skylines, The Sims 4

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 18 Nov 2015, 02:07

I just need to know how to get the base game running since MagicDisk is not compatible with Windows 10, after that, I can run it all in my sleep.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 21 Nov 2015, 00:14

14rose14 wrote:I just need to know how to get the base game running since MagicDisk is not compatible with Windows 10, after that, I can run it all in my sleep.

I'm guessing that Sim Architect's reply was meant for a different thread/user rather than you. Smile

If you need a program to mount .ISO images, use e.g. PowerISO, which you can get here:
https://www.games4theworld.org/downloads.html

Scroll down to PowerISO 4.6. A more in-depth documentation of how to mount .ISO files can be found here. Good luck ! 

P.S. note that only the old base game from Games4theworld is in the .ISO format. If you download the "Complete Collection", everything is packed in a .RAR.

P.P.S you tried opening a new topic in either the TS3 tips or TS3 fixes section, and normal users can't do that.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top