Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Can't uninstall Sims 4 (I messed it up, need to start over)

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Can't uninstall Sims 4 (I messed it up, need to start over) Empty Can't uninstall Sims 4 (I messed it up, need to start over)

Post by Guest Wed 19 Aug 2015, 16:47

Hi

Firstly thank you for all you do! Smile

I need to uninstall The Sims 4 because I've made a mess and need to start all over again. I had downloaded everything from you and have been playing merrily since it came out. Today I tried to download the temporary fix from you but there's something wrong with my internet connection, it keeps going off and on so I got errors on my downloads. I needed a torrent, so I finally gave in and downloaded it from Reloaded. I forgot to turn off my antivirus so perhaps that's what messed it up. I moved things to try and fix it and it became too much of a mess, so I've uninstalled Reloaded's addon and will now rather wait for your Admin to make a torrent (or my internet to work properly). So now I want to uninstall and then reinstall everything up until today's fix so I can play in the meantime. When I try to uninstall my game from you, it says "could not update the ini file C:\Program Files etc \RldOrigin.ini. Verify that the file exists and that you can access it."

I saw a similar question here and they said to delete that Origin.ini file, but I don't seem to have it anymore. 
Please help!

Thank you!

Back to top Go down

Can't uninstall Sims 4 (I messed it up, need to start over) Empty Re: Can't uninstall Sims 4 (I messed it up, need to start over)

Post by Guest Thu 20 Aug 2015, 07:54

Anyone?   Help please

Back to top Go down

Can't uninstall Sims 4 (I messed it up, need to start over) Empty Re: Can't uninstall Sims 4 (I messed it up, need to start over)

Post by Guest Thu 20 Aug 2015, 15:27

I had the same problem with the ini file and I tried multiple things but what worked for me was when I went to uninstall the sims 4 instead of uninstalling the game there was also an option to repair it. You can try to see if it can be repaired first and see if that helps.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 20 Aug 2015, 17:49

Thank you so much for your suggestion. I JUST managed to sort it out before I saw your post. Someone told me to move the RldOrigin (without the ini) file to my desktop and then try uninstall and it worked!  Can't touch banana

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top