Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How to move the folder...

View previous topic View next topic Go down

How to move the folder... Empty How to move the folder...

Post by Guest Sat 22 Aug 2015, 16:30

Hi...

Sorry if this is a stupid question but thought i would ask instedt of doing something wrong.

How do i move the Sims 4 folder out of the Electronic arts? Just copy/paste and then delete the other one or?

And to which folder do i extract the fix? Just the Sims 4 folder or to individual folders (like Game to game folder and so on)

Thanks in advance for any help Smile

Back to top Go down

How to move the folder... Empty Re: How to move the folder...

Post by Guest Sat 22 Aug 2015, 16:35

I wouldn't recommend moving the sims 4 folder out of the EA folder. When I did this, I got an error saying TS4.exe has been changed or removed, thus not starting up the game whatsoever. Trying to fix it now.

Back to top Go down

Post by coolcandy3001 Sun 23 Aug 2015, 14:02

odetodun wrote:I wouldn't recommend moving the sims 4 folder out of the EA folder. When I did this, I got an error saying TS4.exe has been changed or removed, thus not starting up the game whatsoever. Trying to fix it now.
TS4.exe is located the The Sims 4 folder that you moved, open that folder and find TS4.exe and click it, the game opens. There'll be an option to pin it to start too, Smile
coolcandy3001
coolcandy3001
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP
Discharged with Honors
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 8

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Sims, Animal Crossing WW & NL, Tomodachi Life, Sonic Adventure 2, The Dog Island, Minecraft, Terraria & *Many more*

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by coolcandy3001 Sun 23 Aug 2015, 14:04

luckysammy wrote:Hi...

Sorry if this is a stupid question but thought i would ask instedt of doing something wrong.

How do i move the Sims 4 folder out of the Electronic arts? Just copy/paste and then delete the other one or?

And to which folder do i extract the fix? Just the Sims 4 folder or to individual folders (like Game to game folder and so on)

Thanks in advance for any help Y

You move "The Sims 4" folder in Program Files (x86)/Electronic Arts outside of the Electronic Arts folder and into "Program Files (x86)"

This includes everything inside that folder.
coolcandy3001
coolcandy3001
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP
Discharged with Honors
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 8

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Sims, Animal Crossing WW & NL, Tomodachi Life, Sonic Adventure 2, The Dog Island, Minecraft, Terraria & *Many more*

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 23 Aug 2015, 15:06

luckysammy wrote:Hi...

Thanks in advance for any help Smile

Hi there, @luckysammy, and welcome to the Games4theworld Forum! Very Happy

Indeed, you can do that or you can just drag and drop it out of the Electronic Arts folder. Both should be fine.

The Fix should be extracted to Program Files (x86)\The Sims 4. It will merge all of the subfolders, and make sure to choose 'Replace' when prompted so the old files are removed in favor of the newer ones.

Please, let us know how it goes. Good luck!

odetodun wrote:I wouldn't recommend moving the sims 4 folder out of the EA folder. When I did this, I got an error saying TS4.exe has been changed or removed, thus not starting up the game whatsoever. Trying to fix it now.

Hi there, @odetodun! Very Happy

Moving the The Sims 4 folder is not only recommended, but sometimes necessary. I assume you are getting the error when you double click the shortcut in the desktop? That can easily be fixed by either modifying the shortcut in its Properties and removing the "Electronic Arts" part of the path; or you can delete the shortcut, navigate to the new location (at Program Files (x86)\The Sims 4\Game\Bin), right click TS4.exe and choose Send to -> Desktop (Shortcut). This will create a new shortcut for the game.

Let us know if you want how it went. Good luck!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 23 Aug 2015, 16:21

Thanks for the reply. So after i move the folder i need to delete the original one, right?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 23 Aug 2015, 16:42

luckysammy wrote:Thanks for the reply. So after i move the folder i need to delete the original one, right?

Yes, you should indeed do that. But only if you made sure that you copied it correctly to the new location.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 24 Aug 2015, 17:33

Thanks. if i add the fix now, would i need to do it again once i get Get to work?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 24 Aug 2015, 17:34

luckysammy wrote:Thanks. if i add the fix now, would i need to do it again once i get Get to work?

Hi again!

The latest Ultimate Fix already contains Get to Work. You don't need to download it again afterwards.

Do let us know how it goes. Good luck! Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 29 Aug 2015, 12:11

got the game working now...thx.

Though when i download the other expansions, where should they be installed? In the new Sims 4 folder?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 29 Aug 2015, 17:17

luckysammy wrote:got the game working now...thx.

Though when i download the other expansions, where should they be installed? In the new Sims 4 folder?

Yes

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 31 Aug 2015, 08:58

right click on the logo, click properties, then change the location of where the app is located.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 06 Sep 2015, 15:37

Ok so i extracted Get to work into the new Sims 4 folder, but now it says that i need to update my game via Origin to play?

Do i need to install the fix again?

And how do i change the language?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 06 Sep 2015, 18:32

luckysammy wrote:Ok so i extracted Get to work into the new Sims 4 folder, but now it says that i need to update my game via Origin to play?

Do i need to install the fix again?

And how do i change the language?

Hi there, @luckysammy! Very Happy

Did you download the Get to Work expansion separately, from our website? That version of Get to Work is outdated. The latest one can be found in the Ultimate Fix, so if you applied the GTW files after the Ultimate Fix, you brought the files back a version. Try re-applying the Ultimate Fix and see if you still get the error.

Did you download the base game from here? If you did, then there's a folder called "Language Changer" in the original RAR. You can use that tool to change your language.

If you don't have it, there are other ways to change the language. But let us know if you have it.

Good luck!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 07 Sep 2015, 16:47

Thanks got the game working now.

Found the language folder too, but how do i add it? I tried just double click it but that didnt work

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 07 Sep 2015, 18:07

luckysammy wrote:Thanks got the game working now.

Found the language folder too, but how do i add it? I tried just double click it but that didnt work

Glad to hear that! Very Happy

The idea is just to double click the .reg file with the name of the language that you want. Did you make sure to restart the game afterwards? Also, we have a guide on how to change the language manually, if you want to take a look:
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t18573-changing-the-in-game-display-language-updated-on-01-12-2014#

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top