Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Portable The Sims 3.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Portable The Sims 3. Empty Re: Portable The Sims 3.

Post by Guest Sat 08 Aug 2015, 01:23

Apologies for bumping such an old thread....

I just found this program to make my girlfriends Sims 3 game portable. I have been setting up a nice gaming system and I need to use this to have the Sims run off my server rather than my C:

I followed the instruction but I am getting an error I was hoping someone would be able to help me with.

I have included some screen shots of my folder setup just to make sure I have it all right. I took the contents of My Documents > Electronic Arts > The Sims 3  and put them into the Data folder within the portable application folders. I also tried to just take the Electronic Arts folder and place it in the data folder within the portable data folder and I get the same launch error.

Portable The Sims 3. 110bp6p

Portable The Sims 3. Ezpg13

Portable The Sims 3. Fus5ls

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat 08 Aug 2015, 15:01

mccorkled wrote:Apologies for bumping such an old thread....

I just found this program to make my girlfriends Sims 3 game portable. I have been setting up a nice gaming system and I need to use this to have the Sims run off my server rather than my C:

I followed the instruction but I am getting an error I was hoping someone would be able to help me with.

I have included some screen shots of my folder setup just to make sure I have it all right. I took the contents of My Documents > Electronic Arts > The Sims 3  and put them into the Data folder within the portable application folders. I also tried to just take the Electronic Arts folder and place it in the data folder within the portable data folder and I get the same launch error.
Hi there,

What error do you get when you run through the Game Launcher?
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 09 Aug 2015, 20:02

Admin wrote:
mccorkled wrote:Apologies for bumping such an old thread....

Hi there,

What error do you get when you run through the Game Launcher?

This is the error. Perhaps I have the folders in the wrong places? I would really like to get this working ASAP since the Sims 3 and all expansion packs take up a ton of space and my C: drive is only 100GB.

Portable The Sims 3. Fus5ls

Thank you Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed 12 Aug 2015, 00:03

Hi again,

Is that the error you get when you open the Game Launcher? (So not directly starting the game via the TS3W.exe)
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 12 Aug 2015, 00:09

Admin wrote:Hi again,

Is that the error you get when you open the Game Launcher? (So not directly starting the game via the TS3W.exe)

Correct.

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed 12 Aug 2015, 00:10

Hi,

In that case it might be better to wait for a reply from the author. If he'll ever reply at all...
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 12 Aug 2015, 00:25

Admin wrote:Hi,

In that case it might be better to wait for a reply from the author. If he'll ever reply at all...

He hasn't been on in years. haha. Do you have this game working in portable mode using this program?

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed 12 Aug 2015, 21:48

mccorkled wrote:He hasn't been on in years. haha. Do you have this game working in portable mode using this program?
Me? No, I've never used this tool. And I've never considered to play The Sims in portable mode either. Razz
Don't you have an external HDD you can install it on? Why exactly do you want it to be portable?
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 12 Aug 2015, 21:50

Admin wrote:
mccorkled wrote:He hasn't been on in years. haha. Do you have this game working in portable mode using this program?
Me? No, I've never used this tool. And I've never considered to play The Sims in portable mode either. Razz
Don't you have an external HDD you can install it on? Why exactly do you want it to be portable?

Because I have all of my games on my server and in order to do that the game needs run in portable mode. Also Windows is hell for crashing all the time as many people know so I want to have all my games somewhere safe that is easy to be back up and playing in no time if Windows was to take a ****.

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed 12 Aug 2015, 21:53

mccorkled wrote:Because I have all of my games on my server and in order to do that the game needs run in portable mode. Also Windows is hell for crashing all the time as many people know so I want to have all my games somewhere safe that is easy to be back up and playing in no time if Windows was to take a ****.
I see. What if you map your server as a network drive on your PC (so it is recognized as a local disk) and then install the games?
Also, who says a server is more secure than a Desktop PC? They can both crash at some point. Razz (And I think it's easier to recover the files from your Desktop HDD if the operating system fails, than when your server (HDD) fails)
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Portable The Sims 3. Empty Portable The Sims 3.

Post by Guest Wed 12 Aug 2015, 21:59

Admin wrote:
mccorkled wrote:Because I have all of my games on my server and in order to do that the game needs run in portable mode. Also Windows is hell for crashing all the time as many people know so I want to have all my games somewhere safe that is easy to be back up and playing in no time if Windows was to take a ****.
I see. What if you map your server as a network drive on your PC (so it is recognized as a local disk) and then install the games?
Also, who says a server is more secure than a Desktop PC? They can both crash at some point. Razz (And I think it's easier to recover the files from your Desktop HDD if the operating system fails, than when your server (HDD) fails)

It is a local drive. 16 TB (6 HHD) RAID. That thing is never going down. The problem is still the .reg files which the portable app takes care of.

Mod edit: topic split. Please be mindful next time that for asking specific questions that are NOT covered in a guide/tutorial, we have special subsections to do so. Thanks. Smile

- Carlos

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top