Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

With fix, game now crashes during play

View previous topic View next topic Go down

With fix, game now crashes during play Empty With fix, game now crashes during play

Post by Guest Fri 04 Sep 2015, 00:38

I have installed the Ultimate fix and the game works perfectly....for about 20 minutes than crashes. I have followed all the directions given in the guide and I have watched the video. The only difference I see is when I downloaded the fix yesterday the installation guide says this:

Inside the install folder “The Sims 4”, open the subfolder called “__Installer”. From here, navigate to
vc\vc2013\redist. You’ll see two files called “vcredist_x86.exe” and “vcredist_x64.exe”. Double-click on them
both and install them. If you did this in the past already, you don’t need to repeat this however.

When I opened the folder only vcredist_x86.exe was there. Could not having vcredist_x64.exe cause the crashing and if so how can I get it?

Back to top Go down

With fix, game now crashes during play Empty Re: With fix, game now crashes during play

Post by Sim Architect Fri 04 Sep 2015, 23:17

Hi! First, update your graphic card driver, since it seems to be the winner cause for problems with the game.

Second, below are the links to the vcredist libraries, direct from Microsoft, to the 2010 and 2013 versions of visual C x64 (I would just go ahead and install both):

VC 2010 (x64): https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=14632
VC 2013 (x64 and x86): https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=40784

Please, let's know if it helped you, and have a great simming time!

Tea 5 Tea 5[/color]
Sim Architect
Sim Architect
G4TW HONORARY Moderator
The Gray Eminence :p
G4TW HONORARY Moderator The Gray Eminence :p

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Plants vs Zombies, The Sims 3, Cities Skylines, The Sims 4

Male

Back to top Go down

With fix, game now crashes during play Empty Re: With fix, game now crashes during play

Post by Guest Fri 04 Sep 2015, 23:57

Thanks for the reply Sim Architect.

I just checked my drivers and they are up to date, so I guess that's not the issue.
I installed both (or at least tried to) and the x86 is already installed but the x64 gives me an error message saying setup failed and it can not be installed on this platform. Is that normal?

Back to top Go down

Post by Sim Architect Wed 09 Sep 2015, 07:35

I see what happens! You have a 32 bit system, it's ok, no worries, you will just need the visual C library you already have.

When you run the game, try to right click it and select the graphic card that will run it (there's an option for that in the menu, something like run with "NVidia" or similar).

Also, try running the game directly in the folder it is, instead of using the desktop shortcut, some people like it better

Remember to always right click it and "run as administrator", my Chrome won't work even if I create a shortcut in my desktop set up to run as administrator by default, it seems that the manual run as administrator is somehow different, I don't know why.

Besides, try saving your game every 10 min (even using "save as" once in a while is great to separate the new saves from old ones in a more clear way and it "fixes" some stuff within the game sometimes), so you don't lose much when it crashes, until we find a solution.

Please, keep us posted. Thanks!

Tea 5 Tea 5
Sim Architect
Sim Architect
G4TW HONORARY Moderator
The Gray Eminence :p
G4TW HONORARY Moderator The Gray Eminence :p

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Plants vs Zombies, The Sims 3, Cities Skylines, The Sims 4

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top