Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Frozen loading screen.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

loading bar - Frozen loading screen. Empty Frozen loading screen.

Post by Guest Tue 08 Dec 2015, 18:41

i installed and cracked the game correctly and it works fine until i pick a town. it gets stuck on the towns loading screen and the music stop although the loading cursor is still moving. after that it stays frozen there until i turn off my laptop from the power button. does anybody know why this is happening??

Back to top Go down

loading bar - Frozen loading screen. Empty Re: Frozen loading screen.

Post by Sim Architect Wed 16 Dec 2015, 17:09

Hi! It may happen with low specs machines, eventually. Please try waiting for 20 minutes or so.

If it doesn't load, try renaming your  "The Sims 3" folder inside your Documents to something else, temporarily, which will force you to use a plain version of the game without custom content or saves.

If the problem is solved, you need to see if you have any broken mod or a bad save, meaning you will have to copy them a few per time to the new Sims 3 folder your game just created.

Let's know if this fix your issue or if you need further assistance. Happy simming!

Tea 5 Tea 5
Sim Architect
Sim Architect
G4TW HONORARY Moderator
The Gray Eminence :p
G4TW HONORARY Moderator The Gray Eminence :p

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Plants vs Zombies, The Sims 3, Cities Skylines, The Sims 4

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Wed 16 Dec 2015, 18:14

emma17 wrote:i installed and cracked the game correctly and it works fine until i pick a town. it gets stuck on the towns loading screen and the music stop although the loading cursor is still moving. after that it stays frozen there until i turn off my laptop from the power button. does anybody know why this is happening??

Welcome to the forum,

Try and give the tool "GameBooster" a try. See this here:
http://www.razerzone.com/cortex/game-booster

Also, try lowering the in-game screen resolution, from within the options menu. See if that makes any difference for you, Good luck !
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 17 Dec 2015, 03:07

It's a deluxe version.It's called The Sims 3 Anthology. It has all the sims 3 stuff and expansion packs in it. I've never played it so there are no saves or any custom content in it. It works fine until I pick any town. Then it just freezes there. 
I tried downloading a different one but it still does the same. I also lower the games settings as much as possible, still nothing..
Could it be a driver thing? My laptop crashed recently so i gave it to somebody and he put new windows 7 in and stuff but some drivers were missing.I was able to find them though. I had sims 3 before all that and it worked fine..  Crying or Very sad

Back to top Go down

Post by Sim Architect Thu 17 Dec 2015, 04:02

New Windows 7? Which year are you talking from? Wink

Well, if you are in 2015 (yes, after the "Back to the Future" date, so frustrating we don't have all that promised technology, though), the current/new Windows version is 10 Very Happy

Anyway, drivers could cause problems with your game, you should go to the NVidia (or ATI) website and download the newest possible drivers from them.

If you don't get it working, maybe something is wrong with the installation of your operating system, and you may need to reinstall windows (10 if possible, more stable etc)...

We don't "carry" that Sims 3 Anthology, but we have the Sims 3 Complete Collection. Therefore, we can't be sure of the quality of the files that you got, sorry. I know that the Complete Collection G4TW carries is excellent, perfect, divine even, and it works greatly with legit serials or pirate ones, just pick your choice and have fun Wink

I wish you get your game working, don't hesitate replying below stating how things are going, so we can provide you with more help.

Happy simming!

Tea 5 Tea 5 Tea 5
Sim Architect
Sim Architect
G4TW HONORARY Moderator
The Gray Eminence :p
G4TW HONORARY Moderator The Gray Eminence :p

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Plants vs Zombies, The Sims 3, Cities Skylines, The Sims 4

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top