Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Loading stops at about 95% of the loading screen to enter the town

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Loading stops at about 95% of the loading screen to enter the town Empty Loading stops at about 95% of the loading screen to enter the town

Post by Guest Sun 23 Mar 2014, 21:13

When selecting a town on the main menu (for example sunset valley), It loads to about 95% and then stops. The loading music also stops.

Back to top Go down

Loading stops at about 95% of the loading screen to enter the town Empty Re: Loading stops at about 95% of the loading screen to enter the town

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sun 23 Mar 2014, 22:13

Jerpson wrote:When selecting a town on the main menu (for example sunset valley), It loads to about 95% and then stops. The loading music also stops.

Hello,

If you waited long enough, and the loading bar is still "frozen", then this usually means that you have one or more outdated "core mods" installed. Please re-download and re-install updated versions of ALL your mods.

After you're done with that, delete the scriptCache.package file, in My Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3

Re-start the game and see what happens - good luck for now !
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Loading stops at about 95% of the loading screen to enter the town Empty Re: Loading stops at about 95% of the loading screen to enter the town

Post by Guest Mon 24 Mar 2014, 01:05

The only mod i am running is nointro.package

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Mon 24 Mar 2014, 18:29

Jerpson wrote:The only mod i am running is nointro.package

Well, if you say so, then let's see...

Go to My Documents/Electronic Arts and rename the folder The Sims 3, into anything you like (just change the folder's name). Re-start the game, make a new save (for now) and re-load the game. See if you can start the game that way.

Other than that: for how long did you wait ? Even with stronger computers, the loading can take 5+ minutes (like in my case). Also, do step #2 in thae following guide (nothing else, just step #2):

https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t857-the-sims-3-crashes-freezes-to-desktop-fix-updated-on-7-01-2014

That's it for now, good luck again !
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 24 Mar 2014, 22:33

I have already tried that, and I have actually managed to get in but it takes almost an hour of loading

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Tue 25 Mar 2014, 19:44

Jerpson wrote:I have already tried that, and I have actually managed to get in but it takes almost an hour of loading

Is your computer strong enough to handle the game ? In case of doubt, google for "can you run it" and let the application on that site check your computer for "The Sims 3", the use of that site should be self-explanatory.

Next, look on Piratebay for a tool called "GameBooster", and apply it (again, the use of that tool should be self-explanatory too). It can help you free up system resources for better gaming. Next, turn off your anti-virus software completely.

More generally, free up some space on your hard-drive and defragment it too. Also, go to your base game location (usually C:\Program files(x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Game\Bin) and make a shortcut to the desktop from the TS3W.exe file. On the desktop, right-click on the shortcut and choose "run as Administrator" (if you have Windows Vista or a later OS).

That's it for now, and if I remember anything else, I'll get back to you. Good luck again !
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top