Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

At the end of the second loading screen the game stops loading and just sits there

View previous topic View next topic Go down

At the end of the second loading screen the game stops loading and just sits there Empty At the end of the second loading screen the game stops loading and just sits there

Post by Guest Sat 22 Jun 2013, 15:50

Title is pretty self explanatory. What I did was I used the manual patch and THEN did the Ultimate Fix to update my game to patch 1.55. I've updated all of my mods and deleted any corrupted cc files and used CCmagic to compress any uncompressed packages. I've also deleted at least 12gb of packages from my mods folder. This happened after I updated the game. Am I the only one getting this issue and/or is there a way to fix it? Any answers will be appreciated Smile Have a nice day!!!

Back to top Go down

At the end of the second loading screen the game stops loading and just sits there Empty Re: At the end of the second loading screen the game stops loading and just sits there

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Sat 22 Jun 2013, 20:46

Hello,

Try these possible solutions.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

At the end of the second loading screen the game stops loading and just sits there Empty Re: At the end of the second loading screen the game stops loading and just sits there

Post by Guest Sun 23 Jun 2013, 04:18

I tried all of the steps but the only one that worked was step 1. I deleted my mods folder and it worked. I don't know what it is and why it's not working but I know for a fact that it's not my mods. I put my mods folder back but removed all mods and it didn't even make it pass the first loading screen because it just stopped loading and just sat there. Do you have any other suggestions? Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 23 Jun 2013, 10:56

That means one of your Mods or CC is out of date... So it conflicts with the game.
So either you launch the game with one of them each time to find it, or you can go on the websites where they come from to check! Wink

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 23 Jun 2013, 11:37

I have 1,605 packages in my mods folder...and I don't even remember where I got the majority of the stuff anyway. But I have 2 questions, 1. Do sliders need to be updated when there is a new patch (I've never had to do it before so I'm just curious now) and 2. How can I find the conflicts quickly or easier without having to launch the game with them 1 at a time? Sorry it's just my game hasn't been working at all recently and I only got it to work 2 weeks ago and now it's not working again. Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 23 Jun 2013, 11:40

Are you using the Sliders from Mod The Sims (here)? If so, those are the problem since they need to be updated...

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 23 Jun 2013, 11:45

Wait wait wait...Are you saying that my sliders need to be updated or the creators of the sliders need to update theirs? Sorry I just got really confused :l

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 23 Jun 2013, 11:47

Are those the sliders?
If so, yes, the creator needs to update them. Read at comment 1751 and down. You will see for yourself!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 23 Jun 2013, 11:52

Aw damn! Well thank you very much for your help I really appreciate it! Have a nice day!Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 23 Jun 2013, 11:53

Sure no problem!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 26 Jun 2013, 09:32

Other people who have the sliders games are working fine. But mine still isn't loading, it used to just be every time I started a new game but now it won't even load any of my saves...I've updated every single mod and I know that for a fact. The only mod that actually needs updating in my game is Twallan's mods but I've already updated them. I really just want to play and I don't want to remove my mods folder. Do you think it's a cache problem? Because I deleted my cache files and I'm not sure if those could be the issue.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 26 Jun 2013, 10:42

Cache recreates itself...
Sorry I see no other option than deleting the folder Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3 then re installing every CC and mod...

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 26 Jun 2013, 11:00

Oh. Ok Sad That sucks, thanks for your help Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 26 Jun 2013, 13:20

I've been having big problems with my game and finally got it to work. I did update my mods and still wouldn't work. Then I took out the updated mods and got it to work finally. When things like this happens it is normally a mod. Do you happen to use the SClub sliders  for eyelashes? That is one that always needs updating. I took that out of my game.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 26 Jun 2013, 15:29

Someone told me to remove the files in the DCCache folder one by one to see if that's the problem. What exactly is that folder for and is it ok to delete all of the files? And - Yes I do use S-clubs eyelash slider but lots of people who use that slider aren't having problems with their game, and I want to keep it in my game. Razz

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 27 Jun 2013, 04:00

TashSim wrote:Someone told me to remove the files in the DCCache folder one by one to see if that's the problem. What exactly is that folder for and is it ok to delete all of the files? And - Yes I do use S-clubs eyelash slider but lots of people who use that slider aren't having problems with their game, and I want to keep it in my game. Razz

You can try two options, one is quick and one takes awhile. I just went though this very same thing yesterday. I tried to just remove the Mods folder but that didn't work for me. Even though the problem ended up being a mod in my case.
So I had to go though the long process of option Two but it got my game working again :-)

First FYI
You don't want to delete the files in the DC Cache. That is where all of the custom content and store content is located. If you delete them you won't get them back.
You would have to find and install all your Sim Packs  all over again so you don't want to do that.

The DcBackup files are ok to delete. Some just call them junk files. In fact I delete the DC Backup files at least once a week.
Anyway to try and solve your problem you can try a few things.

Option #1

Go to Mydocuments/ElectronicArts/Sims3 and open the DC Backup Folder and delete the files in there. If you never done this before you may have tons of them.
It's ok to delete them.

Next go to MyDocuments/ElectionicArts/Sims3 and delete the following files:
CASPartCache
Compositor Cache
Script Cache
Sims Compositor Cache
Sims Social Cache
(The game with regenerate these files again on next start up.
I delete these files about once a month.

Start your game to see if it works. If not....

Option #2 (that worked for me)

just make sure you follow my directions as there are a lot of steps but it can help you figure out where the problem is:

Open mydocuments/ElectronicArts/Sims3
Rename the Sims3 folder to Sims3B

This is so you can save all your original files and not lose anything.
The game will regenerate the original Sims3 Folder.

If you start your game now it should work because the game is set to all its original settings. Start up your game to test it. You won't see any of your custom content or store content that you installed. This is just to test and see if your game works.

Your game should start in this state so now it's time to locate the actual problem
:
Go to mydocuments/ElectronicArts/Sims3B  ( the copy folder that you made)

Move the Mods Folder and the DC Cache folder to your desktop.
Even though I think your problem is a mod I'm going to have you test the Dc Cache files.

Open mydocuments/ElectronicArts/Sims3 and copy the files from your DCCache folder on your desktop to the DC Cache folder in the Sims3 folder.

Start your game...If it starts then you know it has nothing to do with whatever custom content you installed in Sim Pack form.

Now you have to test your Mods and Custom Content if your game is still running fine at this point.

On your desktop you have your Mods folder. Make another called Mods2
Remove all your  MODS and Sliders    from the MODS folder to the MODS2 folder.
Take the MODS folder and put it in mydocuments/ElectronicArts/Sims3 folder.
Remember just custom content don't add the mods or sliders.

Start your game. If you start it and don't have any problems then your custom content is OK.

So now you have to test each one of your Mods and Sliders.

Go to your Mods2 folder on your desktop and place a mod one at a time into the Mods folder you put back in the Sims 3 folder. Place a Mod then start the game.
Game ok then move on to the next mod, and so on. IF one of the mods or slider makes your game not work again you've found your problem.

This is what I did to get my game back in shape I hope it works for you. Mods are cool but, they can really mess things up when a new update comes along. But, I'm addicted to my mods so I'll still use them lol.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top