Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sims4: Game not working. [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sims4: Game not working. [SOLVED] Empty Sims4: Game not working. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Sun 27 Dec 2015, 18:29

Hi, I tried installing the game client from your website and performed all the steps and the game is still not working. I have the Origin error popping up. I disabled the antivirus and also added everything from the tutorial in the exclusions and it still didn't work. 
Waiting for further instructions. Thank you.

Back to top Go down

Sims4: Game not working. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Sims4: Game not working. [SOLVED]

Post by Sim Architect Wed 30 Dec 2015, 12:51

Hi! Are you running the game from withing the folder where it's installed or by using the shortcut?

Also, remember you need to move the game out of the Electronic Arts folder for it to work.

Tea 5 Tea 5
Sim Architect
Sim Architect
G4TW HONORARY Moderator
The Gray Eminence :p
G4TW HONORARY Moderator The Gray Eminence :p

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Plants vs Zombies, The Sims 3, Cities Skylines, The Sims 4

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 30 Dec 2015, 23:55

Yes, I moved the game from the Electronic Arts folder and I tried running the game from the shortcut as well as from withing the folder and it is still not working.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sim Architect Thu 31 Dec 2015, 04:45

Sorry to hear that.

Can you check your anti virus quarantine list?

Tea 5 Tea 5
Sim Architect
Sim Architect
G4TW HONORARY Moderator
The Gray Eminence :p
G4TW HONORARY Moderator The Gray Eminence :p

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Plants vs Zombies, The Sims 3, Cities Skylines, The Sims 4

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 05 Jan 2016, 19:44

My quarantine list is empty because all the files are already in the exception list.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Tue 05 Jan 2016, 22:40

SnowyLeo wrote:Yes, I moved the game from the Electronic Arts folder and I tried running the game from the shortcut as well as from withing the folder and it is still not working.

Out of interest, where is your desktop shortcut "pointing to" ? When you moved the install folder out of Electronic Arts, did you also delete the old desktop shortcuts and created new ones ? Please double-check on that. 

Also make sure to check out these alternative solutions here:
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t19191-unable-to-start-origin-is-currently-not-running-alternative-solutions

Note that the issue you are having is a very difficult one to handle, and unfortunately, these solutions don't work in all cases. In the past I suggested to various people - after having exhausted all known solutions - the most radical solution: namely a reinstall of Windows. But that is up to you, and should only be the final way. Good luck though. Smile
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 10 Jan 2016, 02:08

I deleted the old shortcut and created a new one from the moved folder. I also checked all the possible fixes on the site and none of them worked. Before the Get together expansion I've never had this much trouble installing the game so I just assumed it was a bug in the new expansion.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Mon 11 Jan 2016, 17:55

SnowyLeo wrote:I deleted the old shortcut and created a new one from the moved folder. I also checked all the possible fixes on the site and none of them worked. Before the Get together expansion I've never had this much trouble installing the game so I just assumed it was a bug in the new expansion.

Are you actually using Windows 10, by the way ? If so, your Windows Defender will turn itself ON, once you disable your third-party anti-virus. That is a specialty in Windows 10, which means you will also need to configure exclusions in Windows Defender too.

And have you tried running the game with your internet disconnected ?
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 13 Jan 2016, 17:25

A few days ago I had my laptop in service for some maintenance and they found out my hard disk was "dying" so, after replacing the hard and installing the windows on it I tried my luck with the game and this time it worked. Thank you for your help.Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Thu 14 Jan 2016, 01:13

SnowyLeo wrote:A few days ago I had my laptop in service for some maintenance and they found out my hard disk was "dying" so, after replacing the hard and installing the windows on it I tried my luck with the game and this time it worked. Thank you for your help.Very Happy

Well, at least that has been taken care of. Smile  Indeed, I would have suggested a Windows re-installation as a last resort. Since the problem seems solved, I will lock the thread now. Feel free to get back in touch with us anytime again, if you need more support and you think we can help with that.

In the meantime, have a blast ! Problem solved, topic closed.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top