Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Trouble with Sims Castaway Stories install?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Trouble with Sims Castaway Stories install? Empty Trouble with Sims Castaway Stories install?

Post by Guest Thu 07 Jan 2016, 08:32

I installed using WinRAR, followed the installation guide, and when i open the SimsCS.exe the window pops open but right away an error box pops up that reads: "Application has crashed. Application will now terminate." What does this mean, and how can i fix it? I replaced the SimsCS.exe with the one in the .rar, so thats not it. The only other thing was that during installation, it had said that there were two things missing: A DirectX file, and a 0compressed file.

Back to top Go down

Trouble with Sims Castaway Stories install? Empty Re: Trouble with Sims Castaway Stories install?

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Thu 07 Jan 2016, 09:51

Hello,

Welcome to the forum!
Have you tried reinstalling the game? That would be the first thing to try. If you get the same error, I would advise you to re-extract the compressed file.

Please let us know whether that works, or not.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Trouble with Sims Castaway Stories install? Empty Re: Trouble with Sims Castaway Stories install?

Post by The_gh0stm4n Thu 07 Jan 2016, 20:28

mychanical wrote:I installed using WinRAR, followed the installation guide, and when i open the SimsCS.exe the window pops open but right away an error box pops up that reads: "Application has crashed. Application will now terminate." What does this mean, and how can i fix it? I replaced the SimsCS.exe with the one in the .rar, so thats not it. The only other thing was that during installation, it had said that there were two things missing: A DirectX file, and a 0compressed file.

Hello and welcome to the forum @mychanical !

It may sound stupid, but you are sure that the download of Castaway stories has finished 100%, in your torrent client ? And yes, you should indeed attempt a re-installation of the game (if the download of it finished 100%). Good luck and do keep us posted ! Smile
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 07 Jan 2016, 22:05

Carlos wrote:
mychanical wrote:I installed using WinRAR, followed the installation guide, and when i open the SimsCS.exe the window pops open but right away an error box pops up that reads: "Application has crashed. Application will now terminate." What does this mean, and how can i fix it? I replaced the SimsCS.exe with the one in the .rar, so thats not it. The only other thing was that during installation, it had said that there were two things missing: A DirectX file, and a 0compressed file.

Hello and welcome to the forum @mychanical !

It may sound stupid, but you are sure that the download of Castaway stories has finished 100%, in your torrent client ? And yes, you should indeed attempt a re-installation of the game (if the download of it finished 100%). Good luck and do keep us posted ! Smile
 Also, when i start up Autorun.exe, when its finished extracting it says "Autrorun.exe was modified. Would you like to update it in the archive." Just for a bit more information if it helps. Im reinstalling again, and seeing if it works then ill get back.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 08 Jan 2016, 04:29

Alright so i reinstalled, didnt work, then did it again and it was able to start up and get through the intro sequence. As soon as story mode begins...black screen. The cursor for it is still visible (blue one for sims) and when i click it makes the sound that sims games make, but its just a black screen. I cant see anything else. Even if i click out of the game on the taskbar it shows everything else as black too, the only way i can get out of it is to restart. Any other problems like this? (I know its not graphic card related just in case anyone was thinking it)

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Fri 08 Jan 2016, 09:52

Hello,

It may still be graphics card related! 
I actually had that problem after updating AMD CCC to the latest version, rolling the update back solved the problem.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Fri 08 Jan 2016, 17:03

mychanical wrote:Alright so i reinstalled, didnt work, then did it again and it was able to start up and get through the intro sequence. As soon as story mode begins...black screen. The cursor for it is still visible (blue one for sims) and when i click it makes the sound that sims games make, but its just a black screen. I cant see anything else. Even if i click out of the game on the taskbar it shows everything else as black too, the only way i can get out of it is to restart. Any other problems like this? (I know its not graphic card related just in case anyone was thinking it)

Try this. Go again inside the download folder of "Castaway stories". There should be a subfolder named DirectX, please go inside it and look for the DXSetup.exe and (re-) run this setup. I can't recall if this DirectX also got installed during the installation of the game, but let's see.

Also make sure that you have ALL available Windows updates downloaded and installed.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top