Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Am I doing this in the right order? [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Am I doing this in the right order? [SOLVED] Empty Am I doing this in the right order? [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Sat 15 Oct 2011, 17:35

Just a quick question... Is this correct?

1.) Install Sims 3 base game. (Mine is a store-bought disc.)
2.) Install Town Life (no cracks).
3.) Install Generations (no cracks).
4.) Install any other expansion (all with no cracks applied).
5.) Apply Fix (copy files according to PDF instructions - none should be copied to the TL or Gen folders!)
6.) Open launcher and update game.
7.) Open Fix again and copy files from "# Crack" to the base game Bin.

Is this the right way to do this? I'm about to start all over again so I want to make sure I've got it right. Also, how do I know if I have the latest update of the Fix? I went to the link that was stickied and downloaded it.

Thanks for any help! Smile

Back to top Go down

Am I doing this in the right order? [SOLVED] Empty Re: Am I doing this in the right order? [SOLVED]

Post by Admin Sat 15 Oct 2011, 17:47

Hello,

That's exactly correct!
For more information, please read this: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t1171-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-3-correctly

Please let me know the result when done.
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Am I doing this in the right order? [SOLVED] Empty Re: Am I doing this in the right order? [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Sat 15 Oct 2011, 18:15

Great! Thank you! I am in the process of doing this now. But one more quick question...

If I only do one or two expansions and decide to add the others later (when I can free more space up on my poor computer Rolling Eyes ) how do I go about adding them? Do I have to do everything all over again or can I just add the other expansions and do the fix again?

Thanks!

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Sat 15 Oct 2011, 19:13

Hello,
You can just add any other expansions, no problem at all.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 15 Oct 2011, 19:44

Everything seemed to work out. I did have to do the update manually for some reason, but after doing that it started fine. But as soon as I went to move my first sim to a task, the game crashed. Any ideas? Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat 15 Oct 2011, 19:55

ResilientRosie wrote:Everything seemed to work out. I did have to do the update manually for some reason, but after doing that it started fine. But as soon as I went to move my first sim to a task, the game crashed. Any ideas? Sad
Hello,

Do you have any Mods / Custom Content added to the game?
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 15 Oct 2011, 20:04

No. Just the store-bought base game as well as Town Life Stuff and Generations both downloaded from here and unzipped using winRAR. Followed all instructions of installing without using any cracks, then applied the fix files, then manually updated the game, then copied the two crack files from the fix to the base game bin.

Launched game, got as far as seeing my sim characters in their house, then I clicked on a sim and the game crashed.

So I tried following the DEP instructions, restarted my computer, launched the game. Same thing happened - crash and close.

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat 15 Oct 2011, 20:14

ResilientRosie wrote:No. Just the store-bought base game as well as Town Life Stuff and Generations both downloaded from here and unzipped using winRAR. Followed all instructions of installing without using any cracks, then applied the fix files, then manually updated the game, then copied the two crack files from the fix to the base game bin.

Launched game, got as far as seeing my sim characters in their house, then I clicked on a sim and the game crashed.

So I tried following the DEP instructions, restarted my computer, launched the game. Same thing happened - crash and close.
Hello,

Please also try all of the other (possible) solutions: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t857-the-sims-3-crashes-freezes-to-desktop-fix-update-8-06-2011
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 15 Oct 2011, 21:35

Oh I'm sorry! It was such a silly mistake! I didn't add all of the .exe files from the game folder! It seems to be working perfectly now!

So... can I bug you for one more question I have?
When I install the other expansions (now that I have Town Life Stuff and Generations installed and I've done the fix), do I need to do all of the other things that it says to do in the text documents included? Or can I just run the .exe to set it up and move the files from the fix into the appropriate folders after?

Thanks!

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat 15 Oct 2011, 21:37

ResilientRosie wrote:Oh I'm sorry! It was such a silly mistake! I didn't add all of the .exe files from the game folder! It seems to be working perfectly now!

So... can I bug you for one more question I have?
When I install the other expansions (now that I have Town Life Stuff and Generations installed and I've done the fix), do I need to do all of the other things that it says to do in the text documents included? Or can I just run the .exe to set it up and move the files from the fix into the appropriate folders after?

Thanks!
Hello,

I'm glad you were able to fix the problem!
Besides, always feel free to ask questions, we're here to help you!

No, just apply the Ultimate Fix (Be sure to download the latest version) and you're good to go! Good luck and don't forget to let us know the result!
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 16 Oct 2011, 15:15

Everything is running really well. I'm going to add more expansions, but I've got to find some room on my computer first. So for the time being, the issue is solved. THANK YOU! Smile

Mod edit: Problem solved, topic closed.
Don't hesitate to post if you run into problems, we're happy to help.

- Lady ElDi

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top