Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

"Pack download in progress" Problems with Get Together. [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

"Pack download in progress" Problems with Get Together. [SOLVED] Empty "Pack download in progress" Problems with Get Together. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Mon 18 Jan 2016, 19:00

Hey!

After searching and searching for answers, I finally decided to post about problems I've been having. So I have installed every Sims 4 games from here and Get To Work worked fine at first. Then I installed Get To Together and GTW disappeared. I've tried founding solution from the forums but nothing works for me. I've uninstalled the whole game and installed it again with the expansions packs. The strange thing is that the game updated to the newest version and I have all those Christmas, Spa, Halloween etc stuff. When I open the game "Pack download in progress Your uninstalled Packs are downloading now. You will receive a notification once the download is complete" message appears. Also in the corner there something about the online services being updated or something like that. I've applied the Ultimate Fix but it didn't work. I really would appreciate any help Smile 

Thanks beforehand!

Back to top Go down

"Pack download in progress" Problems with Get Together. [SOLVED] Empty Re: "Pack download in progress" Problems with Get Together. [SOLVED]

Post by The_gh0stm4n Mon 18 Jan 2016, 23:41

Styli wrote:Hey!

After searching and searching for answers, I finally decided to post about problems I've been having. So I have installed every Sims 4 games from here and Get To Work worked fine at first. Then I installed Get To Together and GTW disappeared. I've tried founding solution from the forums but nothing works for me. I've uninstalled the whole game and installed it again with the expansions packs. The strange thing is that the game updated to the newest version and I have all those Christmas, Spa, Halloween etc stuff. When I open the game "Pack download in progress Your uninstalled Packs are downloading now. You will receive a notification once the download is complete" message appears. Also in the corner there something about the online services being updated or something like that. I've applied the Ultimate Fix but it didn't work. I really would appreciate any help Smile 

Thanks beforehand!

Hello and welcome to the forum @Styli,

Before I make any further suggestions, do you happen to have a legit base game of The Sims 4 on Origin ?
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

"Pack download in progress" Problems with Get Together. [SOLVED] Empty Re: "Pack download in progress" Problems with Get Together. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Tue 19 Jan 2016, 14:58

Thanks!

No I have G4TW version of Sims 4.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Tue 19 Jan 2016, 21:14

Styli wrote:Thanks!

No I have G4TW version of Sims 4.

Alright then. Smile  Have you tried running the game as Administrator (right-click on .exe or desktop shortcut -> run As Administrator) ? These errors about "suddenly missing" DLC content appear to be related to file/folder permission errors. But as of now, this is more an educated guess I'm afraid.

Sometimes, these issues can be resolved by running the application as Administrator, but let's see...

WhatDidUJustCallMe?
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 20 Jan 2016, 18:45

Okay I tried that and first it looked great but nope there's nothing from Get To Work or Get Together when I start playing Sad 

So this is how my start screen in the game looks like if it helps Very Happy 
"Pack download in progress" Problems with Get Together. [SOLVED] Sims11

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Fri 22 Jan 2016, 22:17

Styli wrote:Okay I tried that and first it looked great but nope there's nothing from Get To Work or Get Together when I start playing Sad 

So this is how my start screen in the game looks like if it helps Very Happy 
"Pack download in progress" Problems with Get Together. [SOLVED] Sims11

Sorry for the late reply @Styli,

Try moving your installation folder of The Sims 4 - the one in Program files (x86) - directly under the desktop. Then try running the game from there.´Smile
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 26 Jan 2016, 17:19

Thank you so much! That worked and the game works perfectly Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Wed 27 Jan 2016, 03:02

Styli wrote:Thank you so much! That worked and the game works perfectly Smile

Hello again @Styli,

That actually indicates a problem with the file/folder permissions. It may look awkward to have a program installation folder directly on the desktop, but at least you can get the game working, so that is  workaround. Smile  I will see if I can come up with a "Fixes" or "Tips"-tutorial on here, to tackle the issue.

If you need help with anything else we can support you with, feel free to open a new topic anytime again. In the meantime, have fun ! Problem solved, topic closed.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top