Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

"Pack download in progress" & "Origin not running" for x64. [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

"Pack download in progress" & "Origin not running" for x64. [SOLVED] Empty "Pack download in progress" & "Origin not running" for x64. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Sat 17 Mar 2018, 13:23

1) Yesterday i installed "jungle adventure" and "my first pet stuff" (i had all the previous DLCs). when i launch the game the "pack download in progress" popped up. I checked the packs and found out that some of them (Vintage glamour stuff, parenthood, dine out, cats and dogs, and a couple more) were "download to use". I tried to find a fix but nothing came up so i decided to re-install everything again.

I downloaded the torrents, and installed each pack one by one, launching the game each time I install a pack and deleting the "game" folder each time. Everything was running smoothly until I installed "jungle adventure". I launch the game and the "pack download in progress" pops up! The packs i mentioned (maybe a bit different. some were loaded and some were not. and a couple more packs that were not a problem before , too, became a problem.) were suddenly "download to use". 

I've: 
-removed the mods folder from the start before installing anything
-chose "run as administrator" each time i launch the game
-from the beginning all my anti-virus was off! plus i added the program files, D:, and the whole C:, and even the "downloads" folder into the exception list!
-my pc has more than a 100gb left on each drive, it should be more than enough. (yet, the game is lagging when i launch it. haven't played yet since im trying to fix this issue first. im planning to install every pack there is!) (btw i even tried launching it after turning the wifi off and closing any open browsers. still lagged. it wasn't like this before.)

2) I tried launching x64 but the origin error popped up. maybe i should try again after the 1st issue is fixed and after installing the last pack ;-;

PLEASE HELP! WHAT AM I DOING WRONG??? ;-;

Back to top Go down

"Pack download in progress" & "Origin not running" for x64. [SOLVED] Empty Re: "Pack download in progress" & "Origin not running" for x64. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Sat 17 Mar 2018, 14:23

Did you install in the correct order - most important as DLC's overwrite each other.
When you would install everything and added Get to Work as last one, good change you''ve lost all DLC's from Get Together upto My First Pet Stuff.

Download our all-in-one where everything is neatly installed for you.
see https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t32895-the-sims-4-all-in-one-including-my-first-pet-stuff-version-1-41-38-1020#

Back to top Go down

"Pack download in progress" & "Origin not running" for x64. [SOLVED] Empty Re: "Pack download in progress" & "Origin not running" for x64. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Mon 19 Mar 2018, 10:12

Thank you so much! It worked!

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Mon 19 Mar 2018, 18:54

Fiaraqis718 wrote:Thank you so much! It worked!

Welcome to the Forum @Fiaraqis718,

Also make sure to check back this thread regularly, as it gets updated every time we release a new Sims 4 update/DLC.
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t21806-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-4-correctly

Have fun with the game and feel free to open a new topic anytime again! Problem solved, topic solved.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top