Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sims Pet Stories - Gameplay Problem?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sims Pet Stories - Gameplay Problem? Empty Sims Pet Stories - Gameplay Problem?

Post by Guest Thu 04 Feb 2016, 07:33

Please tell me if i'm doing something wrong because I'm confused.
I downloaded Pet Stories and I applied the crack in your site and it worked great,in fact, I just completed the first story.

The problem is that,even though I seemed to unlocked the other one(the one with the cat),It just shows the neighbourhood on the menu,but not the actual story to play with.I'm desperate because it's kind of annoying starting all over again..  am I missing something or is something wrong? I need help

Back to top Go down

Sims Pet Stories - Gameplay Problem? Empty Re: Sims Pet Stories - Gameplay Problem?

Post by The_gh0stm4n Thu 04 Feb 2016, 21:36

Yap12353524 wrote:Please tell me if i'm doing something wrong because I'm confused.
I downloaded Pet Stories and I applied the crack in your site and it worked great,in fact, I just completed the first story.

The problem is that,even though I seemed to unlocked the other one(the one with the cat),It just shows the neighbourhood on the menu,but not the actual story to play with.I'm desperate because it's kind of annoying starting all over again..  am I missing something or is something wrong? I need help

Hello and welcome to the forum !

I'm not sure if I can offer a working solution to that, but let's see. For now, navigate to Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims Pet Stories and inside the folder, delete the files Accessory.cache as well as Groups.cache. Then start up the game again and see if you can access the 2nd "story".

Good luck for now !
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Sims Pet Stories - Gameplay Problem? Empty Re: Sims Pet Stories - Gameplay Problem?

Post by Guest Thu 04 Feb 2016, 22:10

Carlos wrote:
Hello and welcome to the forum !

I'm not sure if I can offer a working solution to that, but let's see. For now, navigate to Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims Pet Stories and inside the folder, delete the files Accessory.cache as well as Groups.cache. Then start up the game again and see if you can access the 2nd "story".

Good luck for now !
Thank you for the reply,however I have a question before I try this.Is there anyway I can backup save files before I delete the ones you told me?
If that's really the only way to fix it,I don't mind,I just want to be able to play this game normally,even if that means deleting all my save files.. I just want to make sure if my save files are still there if do this?
I know for a fact that the save files are in the "documents" directory,correct me if i'm wrong

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Thu 04 Feb 2016, 22:46

Yap12353524 wrote:Thank you for the reply,however I have a question before I try this.Is there anyway I can backup save files before I delete the ones you told me?
If that's really the only way to fix it,I don't mind,I just want to be able to play this game normally,even if that means deleting all my save files.. I just want to make sure if my save files are still there if do this?
I know for a fact that the save files are in the "documents" directory,correct me if i'm wrong

These cache files should re-create themselves upon your next start of the game. And if you want to backup your userdata (saves, etc.) you should backup the entire folder named "The Sims Pet Stories", located in Documents\Electronic Arts.

If the method with deleting the cache files doesn't help solve your problem, then I'm unsure what else to suggest. These "Sims stories" games never got any meaningful support from EA, and sometimes glitches can happen.

I would just rename the folder "The Sims Pet Stories" for the moment. Then when you re-start the game, it will be re-created. That will then mean you will need to re-play the first story, yes, but I can't suggest anything better.

When you re-play the first story, make sure to backup the folder "The Sims Pet Stories" regularly, so that when you notice any other game-breaking glitches, you don't need to replay all the chapters again. That's the best I can suggest for now. Good luck either way !
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 04 Feb 2016, 23:35

Carlos wrote:
These cache files should re-create themselves upon your next start of the game. And if you want to backup your userdata (saves, etc.) you should backup the entire folder named "The Sims Pet Stories", located in Documents\Electronic Arts.

If the method with deleting the cache files doesn't help solve your problem, then I'm unsure what else to suggest. These "Sims stories" games never got any meaningful support from EA, and sometimes glitches can happen.

I would just rename the folder "The Sims Pet Stories" for the moment. Then when you re-start the game, it will be re-created. That will then mean you will need to re-play the first story, yes, but I can't suggest anything better.

When you re-play the first story, make sure to backup the folder "The Sims Pet Stories" regularly, so that when you notice any other game-breaking glitches, you don't need to replay all the chapters again. That's the best I can suggest for now. Good luck either way !

It's working now Smile thank you for letting me know that the problem was in that folder.

The first time I started the game,I closed it because I thought It was crashing,but it was just a little slow because,apparently, it was creating a folder,so this is why the second story wasn't showing. I don't mind restarting all over again,I'm just glad I can play this game normally right now Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Fri 05 Feb 2016, 00:51

Yap12353524 wrote:

It's working now Smile thank you for letting me know that the problem was in that folder.

The first time I started the game,I closed it because I thought It was crashing,but it was just a little slow because,apparently, it was creating a folder,so this is why the second story wasn't showing. I don't mind restarting all over again,I'm just glad I can play this game normally right now Smile

Alright then, sorry I couldn't give a less painful 'solution' here. WhatDidUJustCallMe?

The "Sims Stories" games are - outside of fan-circles - a relatively unknown game series. As hinted above, the official support from EA was minimal at best, and there were never any official patches for these games. They seem to be playable, but a lot of bugs and glitches still remain.

Remember again to backup this userdata-folder that I mentioned, regularly. So that you don't need to re-do the entire story in case of another glitch. I will also leave the topic open in case anybody else has a better idea for that issue. Smile  Have fun in the meantime !
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top