Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sims Life Stories Installation Problem. [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sims Life Stories Installation Problem. [SOLVED] Empty Sims Life Stories Installation Problem. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Thu 21 Jan 2016, 08:52

Hello guys! So, I downloaded Sims Life Stories from your official downloads website but I have a problem when it comes to installing it to my laptop. I am able to run Sims 3 in my laptop before so I figured a Sims 2 game (also, I ran 'System Requirements Lab' just to double check that the game can run smoothly on my laptop and it passed up to the 'Recommended' specs) wouldn't be a problem. I followed what was on the 'Installation Guide' file and thought everything will be fine ---- until an error popped up regarding Directx. The pop up says something like "installation cannot continue because this game requires directx 9 or higher" but I checked my laptop and I have Directx 11 on the system. So, not giving up that easy, I used my dad's laptop to download the .rar file again and extracted it because I thought that maybe the problem was with the downloading itself. Just to check, I installed Sims Life Stories on my dad's laptop and the error wasn't there and it installed completely so I thought that maybe the error's gone and something just went wrong on my first download. (Though since the graphics card on my dad's laptop isn't that good, it didn't run properly when I started the 'Freeplay' mode and there was just black screen though I can hear the music playing but I realized it may be because of his laptop's graphics card so I can't do anything much about this.) Hoping that it was fine now and that I can get pass that Directx error since the installation was successful on my dad's laptop, I decided to try and install it again on my laptop ---- sadly, I still get the same error regarding Directx9 or higher not being present on my laptop. I now ran out of ideas on how to fix this. Using the compatibility mode to run the "autorun.exe" didn't work either. Wat. Any possible solution for this? Thank you!

Back to top Go down

Sims Life Stories Installation Problem. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Sims Life Stories Installation Problem. [SOLVED]

Post by The_gh0stm4n Thu 21 Jan 2016, 20:06

evenstar0611 wrote:Hello guys! So, I downloaded Sims Life Stories from your official downloads website but I have a problem when it comes to installing it to my laptop. I am able to run Sims 3 in my laptop before so I figured a Sims 2 game (also, I ran 'System Requirements Lab' just to double check that the game can run smoothly on my laptop and it passed up to the 'Recommended' specs) wouldn't be a problem. I followed what was on the 'Installation Guide' file and thought everything will be fine ---- until an error popped up regarding Directx. The pop up says something like "installation cannot continue because this game requires directx 9 or higher" but I checked my laptop and I have Directx 11 on the system. So, not giving up that easy, I used my dad's laptop to download the .rar file again and extracted it because I thought that maybe the problem was with the downloading itself. Just to check, I installed Sims Life Stories on my dad's laptop and the error wasn't there and it installed completely so I thought that maybe the error's gone and something just went wrong on my first download. (Though since the graphics card on my dad's laptop isn't that good, it didn't run properly when I started the 'Freeplay' mode and there was just black screen though I can hear the music playing but I realized it may be because of his laptop's graphics card so I can't do anything much about this.) Hoping that it was fine now and that I can get pass that Directx error since the installation was successful on my dad's laptop, I decided to try and install it again on my laptop ---- sadly, I still get the same error regarding Directx9 or higher not being present on my laptop. I now ran out of ideas on how to fix this. Using the compatibility mode to run the "autorun.exe" didn't work either. Wat. Any possible solution for this? Thank you!

Hello and welcome to the forum @evenstar0611,

Have you made sure to download and install ALL available Windows updates ? Please do so if you still haven't done that on your own computer. Also try running the "autorun.exe" as Administrator (right-click -> Run as Administrator).

Other than that, the error sounds familiar and reminds me of something I saw in another game. Can you try this here too ?

Sims Life Stories Installation Problem. [SOLVED] Screenshotef6a

Control Panel -> Programs -> Programs and Features -> Turn Windows features on or off.

Sims Life Stories Installation Problem. [SOLVED] Screenshot290e

Unfold the folder named "Legacy Components" and see if the box named DirectPlay is ticked. If not, please tick that box manually and click on "OK". I don't remember anymore, but you may need to re-start the computer for the changes to take effect.

After that, try running the setup again. Good luck for now !
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Sims Life Stories Installation Problem. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Sims Life Stories Installation Problem. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Sun 24 Jan 2016, 10:13

I just installed all Windows updates available for my laptop like you said (except the Windows 10 upgrade) and I proceeded on checking the next thing which was the "Turn Windows features on and off" but when I checked it, I don't have the "Legacy Components" folder. Maybe it's because I'm using Windows 7 and not 8 or 10? But anyways, I'll try installing the program now (will run the "autorun.exe." as Administrator) and hopefully it'll work now. I'll keep you updated. Smile Thank you!

UPDATE: It's working now! cheers It was the Windows update thing. The game's now installed on my laptop and I can now play it. Thank you sooo much for the help and for having the game/s available for us to download! I love you

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sun 24 Jan 2016, 22:53

evenstar0611 wrote:I just installed all Windows updates available for my laptop like you said (except the Windows 10 upgrade) and I proceeded on checking the next thing which was the "Turn Windows features on and off" but when I checked it, I don't have the "Legacy Components" folder. Maybe it's because I'm using Windows 7 and not 8 or 10? But anyways, I'll try installing the program now (will run the "autorun.exe." as Administrator) and hopefully it'll work now. I'll keep you updated. Smile Thank you!

UPDATE: It's working now! cheers It was the Windows update thing. The game's now installed on my laptop and I can now play it. Thank you sooo much for the help and for having the game/s available for us to download! I love you

No worries, and you are very welcome. Smile  The reason the option with the "Legacy Devices" doesn't show up for you is indeed because you have Windows 7. This thing with the Legacy Devices - to my knowledge - only shows up in Windows 8 & 10.

Anyhow, feel free to get back in touch with us again anytime, if you need more support on anything that we can help with. Have fun ! Problem solved, topic closed.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top