Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Couldn't extract RAR archive.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Couldn't extract RAR archive. Empty Couldn't extract RAR archive.

Post by Guest Fri 12 Feb 2016, 16:32

Hello!

I'm trying to install The Sims 4 following the instructions on the *MUST READ* post. I downloaded the main game files but as i try to extract them (with 7-zip) i get a "cyclic redundancy check" failure. That happens while unzipping 'setup3.cab' which is one of the required files for installing the game, while the other files are unzipped correctly.

Here:
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t20605-setup3-cab-file-is-damaged-the-sims-4-solved?highlight=setup3+cab
i found a solution to a similar problem, where it was suggested to extract the files with WinRAR: i tried that but i got the same problem. I'd like to know if it's possible to get just the 'setup3.cab' file instead of downloading again the full 8Gb archive from another torrent client, as suggested in the topic i mentioned above.

Thanks for your time!

Salvioner

Back to top Go down

Couldn't extract RAR archive. Empty Re: Couldn't extract RAR archive.

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 13 Feb 2016, 10:08

Salvioner wrote:Hello!

I'm trying to install The Sims 4 following the instructions on the *MUST READ* post. I downloaded the main game files but as i try to extract them (with 7-zip) i get a "cyclic redundancy check" failure. That happens while unzipping 'setup3.cab' which is one of the required files for installing the game, while the other files are unzipped correctly.

Here:
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t20605-setup3-cab-file-is-damaged-the-sims-4-solved?highlight=setup3+cab
i found a solution to a similar problem, where it was suggested to extract the files with WinRAR: i tried that but i got the same problem. I'd like to know if it's possible to get just the 'setup3.cab' file instead of downloading again the full 8Gb archive from another torrent client, as suggested in the topic i mentioned above.

Thanks for your time!

Salvioner

Hello and welcome to the forum @salvioner,

Do you still have the torrent running in your torrent client (as "seeding") ? If yes, right-click on it and choose "STOP". After that right-click on it again and select "Force re-check". Wait until it's done, and at the end, try re-extracting again with WinRAR. See how it works this time. Good luck !
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 14 Feb 2016, 00:19

solved! The corrupted file part was redownloaded in a minute. Thank you very much!!

Salvioner

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sun 14 Feb 2016, 16:29

Salvioner wrote:solved! The corrupted file part was redownloaded in a minute. Thank you very much!!

Salvioner

And it reminds us of the importance to let torrents running in the client, even after it has finished downloading. Very Happy  Have fun for now, and feel free to open a new topic again anytime you need more support. Problem solved, topic closed.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top