Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

the archive is either in unknown format or damaged

View previous topic View next topic Go down

the archive is either in unknown format or damaged Empty the archive is either in unknown format or damaged

Post by Guest Thu 24 Aug 2017, 23:33

Hello! 
I installed sims 4 base game, get to work, gget together and city living and it works. Now I want to update to get Toddlers, vampires and bowling stuff. I download it and when I want to open it, it says  "the archive is either in unknown format or damaged"
I will try to download it again and see if I can open it then.
If you know how to help please write it.
Thank you!

Back to top Go down

the archive is either in unknown format or damaged Empty Re: the archive is either in unknown format or damaged

Post by Guest Fri 25 Aug 2017, 06:24

maja<3damon wrote:Hello! 
I installed sims 4 base game, get to work, gget together and city living and it works. Now I want to update to get Toddlers, vampires and bowling stuff. I download it and when I want to open it, it says  "the archive is either in unknown format or damaged"
I will try to download it again and see if I can open it then.
If you know how to help please write it.
Thank you!
Hi there,

Did you extract the files using WinRar or another program? It's preferable to use WinRar for future extractions. Since it mentioned the archive is damaged, and you did indeed download it again, are you able to extract them now? Or do you still have the same error? Also, take note to download the games from either here or at our download site here.
Do keep me updated! Smile

Back to top Go down

the archive is either in unknown format or damaged Empty the archive is either in unknown format or damaged

Post by Guest Fri 25 Aug 2017, 12:48

Hello!
I downloaded it and install that update but now game is not working. When i open it, origin opens and i need to log in. What i have to do now? 
And one more question, do you know why is my icon of the sims 4 like this? Link is below 
Thank you

Last edited by maja<3damon on Fri 25 Aug 2017, 12:56; edited 2 times in total

Back to top Go down

the archive is either in unknown format or damaged Empty Re: the archive is either in unknown format or damaged

Post by Guest Fri 25 Aug 2017, 13:08

Hey,

That looks like a broken shortcut. Delete that and create a new one. Right - click the TS4_x64.exe/TS4.exe and click send to -> Desktop. Regarding the origin error, have you move out your Sims 4 installation folder OUT of the EA folder? Your current path should be C:\Program Files (x86) OR C:\Program Files. 

It's better to install up till Fitness at this point, because Parenthood pack fixes the infinite loading issue for Vampire, and Fitness fixes a couple of bugs from Parenthood. You can however, test the game and see if it's able to load.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 25 Aug 2017, 13:18

I moved out the folder from EA folder. I will try to install parenthood and fitness stuff and see if it works. Be back in 10 min Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 25 Aug 2017, 13:28

I have one more question. When i install sims 4 update with toddlers, what i have to do with "game" folder? Do i have to delete it from program files (x86)\sims 4 folder or what?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 25 Aug 2017, 14:41

maja<3damon wrote:I have one more question. When i install sims 4 update with toddlers, what i have to do with "game" folder? Do i have to delete it from program files (x86)\sims 4 folder or what?
You can delete the current game folder before copy + pasting the Parenthood, followed by Fitness.  Very Happy

Do keep me updated!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 25 Aug 2017, 14:46

I open ts4 x64 and it works Very Happy
Cant wait to play it.
Thank you!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 25 Aug 2017, 14:49

maja<3damon wrote:I open ts4 x64 and it works Very Happy
Cant wait to play it.
Thank you!
Glad to hear it!

I'll keep this topic open a little longer in case you ran into a bug in-game later on.  I tip my fedora.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top