Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Can't install because of license key

View previous topic View next topic Go down

silent install - Can't install because of license key Empty Can't install because of license key

Post by Guest Sun 14 Feb 2016, 03:37

I'm trying to install Sims 4 for the third time right now. I first downloaded it from another site but had an installation issue with a license key, so I deleted that and tried this site instead (because I downloaded Sims 3 expansions from here). I tried installing it again with this download (after using utorrent, which took like eight hours) and again it came up with the license key issue. I even went to the survey site and tried to do that to get a key, but that wouldn't work. I would follow the steps in this: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t21806-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-4-correctly but the first step says to install the base game, which I can't do because of the license key issue.
I had Origin open for the first two times but went offline and closed it for this third time, which I'm hoping will work. I tried looking it up both here and on Google but I'm not really seeing anyone else have this issue, or at least not in a way that helps me. I really want Sims 4 but I just can't get it without a license key and I don't have the money to buy the game  Why.
Update: the third time trying to install didn't work and asked for a license key again.

Back to top Go down

silent install - Can't install because of license key Empty Re: Can't install because of license key

Post by Guest Sun 14 Feb 2016, 12:04

Did you download The Sims 4 from the official Site here: https://www.games4theworld.org/ ?

Normally people from other sites will download this and make you go through a survey and pay for an unlock key that won't work.

Try downloading Sims again from the official site linked above

Back to top Go down

silent install - Can't install because of license key Empty Re: Can't install because of license key

Post by Guest Sun 14 Feb 2016, 14:23

I did download it from there!! Torrented it & everything and it's still asking for a license key

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sun 14 Feb 2016, 16:28

cacoethes wrote:I did download it from there!! Torrented it & everything and it's still asking for a license key

Hello and welcome to the forum @cacoethes,

A possibility could be that your anti-virus program(s) are messing with the game's files. Are you familiar with configuring "exclusions"... ? See this topic for an introduction, but depending on the programs that you have you may need to do research on your own too:
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t18501-unable-to-start-initialization-error-at-startup-updated-on-11-9-2015

After doing so, please remove/uninstall the game, and then re-install. Good luck for now and take your time !
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top