Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Replace default eyes/skin?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Replace default eyes/skin? Empty Replace default eyes/skin?

Post by Guest Mon 15 Feb 2016, 01:00

Hello there. I was wondering if it's possible.

I've been trying a few custom content lately and there's no problem with clothes or wallpapers as long as I don't add subfolders.

Yet when it comes to eyes I only find "eyes make up", a sort of contact lenses in the face paint category, if I wear it I cannot wear any other face paint.

And when it comes to skins I only find some that appear in the "detail mode" (quite hard to find to be honest), which again it's a sort of "make up" and when I put them on the muscles disappear.

Has any of you been able to use custom skin or truly add new eye colours?

Back to top Go down

Replace default eyes/skin? Empty Re: Replace default eyes/skin?

Post by The_gh0stm4n Tue 16 Feb 2016, 04:29

Enric wrote:Hello there. I was wondering if it's possible.

I've been trying a few custom content lately and there's no problem with clothes or wallpapers as long as I don't add subfolders.

Yet when it comes to eyes I only find "eyes make up", a sort of contact lenses in the face paint category, if I wear it I cannot wear any other face paint.

And when it comes to skins I only find some that appear in the "detail mode" (quite hard to find to be honest), which again it's a sort of "make up" and when I put them on the muscles disappear.

Has any of you been able to use custom skin or truly add new eye colours?

Hello,

There are not that many "true" skintones in The Sims 4 (yet ?). And if you really got hold of such a skintone, then it should be under the skintone selection for both face and body of a sim, in CAS.

Most of the available stuff indeed seems to be found in CAS under "skin details" or are some form of face paint. I don't think the question is about actually "being able to use" custom skins or eye colors. Instead it appears that there simply isn't that much genuine new stuff available. 

Similar to a lot of "new clothing items": most of them are re-colorings of available EA stuff, rather than new models of clothing items. But I may be wrong in here; as I have to admit that at some point I simply stopped using custom content.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 16 Feb 2016, 12:12

I know of two "real" skintones of the top of my head. Kijiko's glow edition adds additional skin swatches and LumiaLoverSim's ooh smoothish skins are available as a default replacement. I like both of those a lot better than the default maxis skins and they seem to work with genetics and weight/muscle sliders.

As for the eyes, Miss Paraply has some nice default replacement eyes available on her tumblr. To find additional eye swatches, search for (non-)default eyes. Google image search is your friend. You can also search for eyes on sites like mod the sims, the sims resource and/or tumblr. When you find some nice ones, check the description to see if they're facepaint (contacts/lenses) or actual eyes.

You mentioned sub-folders. If you want to use them in your mods folder, you have to add some lines to your resource.cfg (it's located in the root of your mods folder). Mine is setup like this:

Code:
Priority 500
PackedFile *.package
PackedFile */*.package
PackedFile */*/*.package
PackedFile */*/*/*.package
PackedFile */*/*/*/*.package
PackedFile */*/*/*/*/*.package

This works for me with most mods. Mind, not all, mods like MC command center still need their own folder in the root. For more information on CC, check out Carlos' guide in the tips and tricks section of this forum.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top