Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Empty towns/menu. [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Empty towns/menu. [SOLVED] Empty Empty towns/menu. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Thu 18 Feb 2016, 18:34

Dear Games4TheWorld community.

First off, thank you for all the great work in getting this game to run without the need to infest my computer with EA garbage!

I have a little problem that seems to occur the moment I install any EP after Late Night. Any before work perfectly, after it it goes through the splash screeens and intro b ut then the main menu is empty.  I did everything according to the guide.

Notably at instalation of some of these it mentions the EP's version is older then the current installed version.
After that on startup it mentions there is some unofficial stuff that could break the game (and it does)
This is strange as I have not had time to install mods yet.

What I've tried so far:

Reinstalling everything (so many times Sad )
Re-running the 1.67 patch that I got from here after installing the EP's after Late Night
removing the Documents/ElectronicArts folder.
modifying registries
and various combinations  of the above.

Can anyone help? Are there any more places the ElectronicArts folder could reside?

Thanks in advance!

I'm a bit at a loss now, I'm going to keep the other EP's uninstalled so
iI can at least play, but I really miss generations and seasons especially.

Back to top Go down

Empty towns/menu. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Empty towns/menu. [SOLVED]

Post by The_gh0stm4n Thu 18 Feb 2016, 19:07

//MOVED

Hello and welcome to the forum @Chinchin,

See this guide again:
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t1171-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-3-correctly

Please re-apply the 1.67 manual patch and then also download and apply the "Ultimate fix". Most likely you were trying to use the #Crack that is included in the Late Night-expansion, but these files are outdated. You should use the aforementioned "Ultimate fix" instead. Good luck and feel free to keep us posted !
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 19 Feb 2016, 03:10

It worked! It's working. You where right, I can't believe I really thought I did EXACTLY what the guide told me. I am blind.

You are great!

Fun fact: The patches and updates work on linux through wine ^^

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Fri 19 Feb 2016, 21:13

Chinchin wrote:It worked! It's working. You where right, I can't believe I really thought I did EXACTLY what the guide told me. I am blind.

You are great!

Fun fact: The patches and updates work on linux through wine ^^

The games can also be 'converted' to be install-able on Mac OS too. Smile  And you're welcome. Just remember that all #Crack-files that are included in the expansions are outdated. The only exception is the "Complete Collection" of The Sims 3; the #Crack in there is the same as the Ultimate fix.

And whenever you add new expansions, just install them on top of your current installation, after which I suggest you re-apply the 1.67 manual patch + Ultimate fix.

Feel free to get back to us anytime again if you need more support ! Have fun. Smile  Problem solved, topic closed.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top