Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All staff have disappeared. [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

All staff have disappeared. [SOLVED] Empty All staff have disappeared. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Thu 03 Mar 2016, 13:35

Hi, I've got a problem where all of the service population have suddenly disappeared. No one manning consignment stores, food stalls etc. I sent my sims to France to see if it was the same there and it was. No one manning any of the shops.

I use NRAAS story mode, but I always have done. 

I went through my more recent mods and removed those just in case, but nothing's changed.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Back to top Go down

All staff have disappeared. [SOLVED] Empty Re: All staff have disappeared. [SOLVED]

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Thu 03 Mar 2016, 19:39

Hello,

Are you using Nraas MasterController? And Overwatch?
You could try a hard reset with the first, Overwatch can help locate missing sims.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

All staff have disappeared. [SOLVED] Empty Re: All staff have disappeared. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Fri 04 Mar 2016, 10:37

I'm using Master controller, don't know what over watch is. Can I do a hard reset with just master controller?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 04 Mar 2016, 13:39

I do have a problem with the missing staff, especially my resorts workers in island paradise..googled it but seems haven't found any solutions yet. So anyone already 'survived' with this issue, please help.

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Fri 04 Mar 2016, 14:15

You can use Master Controller for a hard reset. Overwatch is another Nraas mod.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Fri 04 Mar 2016, 18:24

oohdelally wrote:I'm using Master controller, don't know what over watch is. Can I do a hard reset with just master controller?

The option should be under the town hall (when you click on it in "Map View"), then NRAAS -> Master Controller -> Town -> Reset everything. It should also be available somewhere on computers, though I myself mostly use it on the town hall.

PaigeLuwee wrote:(...). So (if) anyone already 'survived' with this issue, please help.

I 'survived' with the issue (though I'm not sure if I ever had the issue in the first place), but you're probably not going to like my advice here now. Very Happy  But here's what I do: at first, you need a basic amount of money, and you need to buy ownerships in local businesses. Start slow, with grocery stores, bookshops, and similar stuff. They all yield weekly income. Once the money starts coming in, go for the bigger business, like the science facilities, business towers, gyms, and whatnot.

You could also try your luck with gambling. Buy yourself slot machines, poker/roulette tables, put them somewhere in your house and play on. Once your gambling skill increases (and it increases fast), your chances of winning big time are...bigger too. 

Another option could be looking for rare gems/metals/insects and turning them to money.

And if you are really lazy, just use the appropriate money-related cheat codes (motherlode, kaching, etc.).

Why bother dealing with a broken game, when you can have it differently too ? 

//EDIT

But seriously, it is known that Isla Paradiso is extremely demanding in terms of system resources (from all neighborhoods in TS3). I guess that if certain computers are weaker and/or certain settings aren't applied correctly, you end up with these issues. I guess part of the explanation lies in this older topic here:
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t15156-empty-clubs-bars-fix

Though the specific suggestion J.T. described there may not apply if your computer is too weak. In general, try lowering the graphics settings to see if it affects your game positively. Also try forcing "Vertical Synchronization" to "ON" permanently. See this post here for an introduction.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 05 Mar 2016, 11:24

Tried the Mastercontroller reset and it didn't work, so I went by process of elimination and discovered it was a mod I'd downloaded to make the clubs open 23 hours. 

Thank you for all your help everyone.

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Sat 05 Mar 2016, 13:37

Good to hear it's fixed!
Don't hesitate to post if you have question or problems again.
Happy simming The Sims Plumbob 1 topic closed.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top