Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sims 3 Launcher/Game not opening

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sims 3 Launcher/Game not opening Empty Sims 3 Launcher/Game not opening

Post by Guest Thu 31 Mar 2016, 04:39

Okay so I've been so excited to download these expansion packs because it was I needed to complete my collection. Everything downloaded fine blah blah but when I click the launcher it just says the launcher stopped working. So I tried to open just the game with the .exe file in the bin but then it says the sims has stopped working or whatever. I did the ultimate fix and followed all the steps but it might be because my sims folder is in the origin one but my downloaded expansions are in the electronic arts folder. If that is the problem, where should I move what?

Back to top Go down

Sims 3 Launcher/Game not opening Empty Re: Sims 3 Launcher/Game not opening

Post by The_gh0stm4n Thu 31 Mar 2016, 17:04

Aisiee wrote:Okay so I've been so excited to download these expansion packs because it was I needed to complete my collection. Everything downloaded fine blah blah but when I click the launcher it just says the launcher stopped working. So I tried to open just the game with the .exe file in the bin but then it says the sims has stopped working or whatever. I did the ultimate fix and followed all the steps but it might be because my sims folder is in the origin one but my downloaded expansions are in the electronic arts folder. If that is the problem, where should I move what?

Hello and welcome to the forum @Aisiee,

No need to "move" anything. You copy the files TS3W.exe & TSLHost.dll, from the #crack-folder of your Ultimate fix, into the following location.

C:\Program files (x86)\Origin Games\The Sims 3\Game\Bin.

Of course, you need to replace the existing files when prompted. Then try running the game again, from that TS3W.exe.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 31 Mar 2016, 22:12

Thank you for responding so quickly but I've already done that. It doesn't work, even if I try from TS3W.exe Sad I was thinking I would just delete my origin Sims and download the complete collection. But in the complete collection are there stuff packs as well? Because I just want the expansions so my game isn't too slow.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Thu 31 Mar 2016, 22:24

Aisiee wrote:Thank you for responding so quickly but I've already done that. It doesn't work, even if I try from TS3W.exe Sad I was thinking I would just delete my origin Sims and download the complete collection. But in the complete collection are there stuff packs as well? Because I just want the expansions so my game isn't too slow.

I was going to suggest something similar. It seems that the "newer" Origin base game of The Sims 3 cannot be mixed with the Ultimate fix from here. This newer base game version apparently requires Origin to run, and the Ultimate fix doesn't seem to work there.

However, the pirated base game version that Games4theworld provides, is based on the retail disc version. With which you can use the Ultimate fix.

And yes, the complete collection includes the base game as well as all expansions and stuffpacks that were released for The Sims 3. Smile
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 31 Mar 2016, 22:42

Okay thank you. Is there any way I could get the collection without the stuff packs? Or could somebody possibly put it together? I have a pretty low spec computer so I do not want all the stuff packs.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Thu 31 Mar 2016, 22:44

Aisiee wrote:Okay thank you. Is there any way I could get the collection without the stuff packs? Or could somebody possibly put it together? I have a pretty low spec computer so I do not want all the stuff packs.

You can also download all individual expansions and stuffpacks from this site here:
https://games4theworld.org/downloads.html
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 31 Mar 2016, 22:57

Well yes but the downloading takes a very long time so is there no collection WITHOUT the stuff packs Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Thu 31 Mar 2016, 23:19

Aisiee wrote:Well yes but the downloading takes a very long time so is there no collection WITHOUT the stuff packs Smile

I don't really see much sense in such a compilation (since almost all people want the complete pack anyway), but why not just run multiple of these separate expansions at once in your torrent client ?

If you torrent each of these expansion packs individually, isn't that (almost) the same as a "collection without stuffpacks" ? Smile  I mean, the individual expansions are slightly bigger in filesize, because the old patches and crack files are included, OK. But you're the only user so far requesting this, and (I'm sorry to say it), but most likely we won't be working on a compilation without the stuffpacks.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top