Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sims 3 Pets - Appaloosa Plains Object Cache corrupt

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sims 3 Pets - Appaloosa Plains Object Cache corrupt Empty Sims 3 Pets - Appaloosa Plains Object Cache corrupt

Post by Guest Sun 03 Apr 2016, 21:55

Hi there,

When extracting the Sims 3 pets download with WinRAR the AppaloosaPlains.objectCache is apparently corrupt. Is there a fix for this? Have tried to extract in to new folders multiple times. If I download the game again, how can I avoid this issue?

Thank you.

//EDIT

Attempted to install the manual patch but the following message appeared during installation:

"CRC error: The file C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\GameData\Shared\Packages\DeltaBuild2.package doesn't match the file in the setup's .cab file. The medium from which you are running the setup may be corrupted; contact your software vendor."

Any ideas?

Back to top Go down

Sims 3 Pets - Appaloosa Plains Object Cache corrupt Empty Re: Sims 3 Pets - Appaloosa Plains Object Cache corrupt

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Sun 03 Apr 2016, 22:58

Hello,

That kind of error usually occurs if the download of the patch was interrupted.
Please redownload it, and don't pause the download for any reason.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Sims 3 Pets - Appaloosa Plains Object Cache corrupt Empty Re: Sims 3 Pets - Appaloosa Plains Object Cache corrupt

Post by The_gh0stm4n Tue 05 Apr 2016, 16:54

//MERGED 

Hello @jils2,

I merged your posts into one thread. Let's keep all discussions about TS3 in here for now. Smile  Did your original problem get solved ? If not, try this. If you still have The Sims 3 Pets running in your torrent client, then right-click on it and choose STOP. Now right-click again and select "force re-check". That can take a little while to complete now. But when you are done, try re-extracting again with WinRAR.

Good luck ! 
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 09 Apr 2016, 15:26

Thanks for the replies. I have re-downloaded the patch twice now, with NO interruptions to the download and the issue with the DeltaBuild2.package is still occurring. Any ideas?

I have abandoned trying to install Sims 3 Pets as I am not confident my machine can handle it. However now I am having issues with textures disappearing, which is why I want to install the patch.

//EDIT

Okay, third time's the charm. Downloaded using the slower 'unrecommended' link and it has worked. Maybe an issue with that faster download link?

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sun 10 Apr 2016, 01:21

jils2 wrote:Thanks for the replies. I have re-downloaded the patch twice now, with NO interruptions to the download and the issue with the DeltaBuild2.package is still occurring. Any ideas?

I have abandoned trying to install Sims 3 Pets as I am not confident my machine can handle it. However now I am having issues with textures disappearing, which is why I want to install the patch.

//EDIT

Okay, third time's the charm. Downloaded using the slower 'unrecommended' link and it has worked. Maybe an issue with that faster download link?

There is no difference between the manual patches main link and the mirror-link; anything else wouldn't be logical in my opinion. Maybe there is something wrong with EA's server. Maybe there was a (very brief) issue with your internet connection previously, which could also lead to the manual patch becoming corrupted.

Glad to hear you got it working though. Do you have any other questions for now or can I close the thread ? Smile
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 10 Apr 2016, 11:22

Issue with some textures appearing black is still present after installing patch and ultimate fix, but I am able to 'refresh' the textures in-game (simply by changing colour slightly) and things work fine following this.

Happy for you to close the thread. Thanks for your help.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sun 10 Apr 2016, 16:36

jils2 wrote:Issue with some textures appearing black is still present after installing patch and ultimate fix, but I am able to 'refresh' the textures in-game (simply by changing colour slightly) and things work fine following this.

Happy for you to close the thread. Thanks for your help.

Are you using the latest available drivers for your graphics card ? This can be an issue regarding textures in the "Pets"-expansion.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top