Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Utorrent download just utorrent link, not file

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Utorrent download just utorrent link, not file Empty Utorrent download just utorrent link, not file

Post by Guest Fri 08 Apr 2016, 23:33

Hi, 
I have tried downloading The Sims 4 link, both the normal link and the magnet one, but once in my downloads it only shows as a Utorrent link, not a file. No zipped file, no hidden file, nothing except a link back to the torrent. I've tried downloading it 4 times and it still hasn't work. Can anyone help me?

Back to top Go down

Utorrent download just utorrent link, not file Empty Re: Utorrent download just utorrent link, not file

Post by The_gh0stm4n Fri 08 Apr 2016, 23:59

Jeska1995 wrote:Hi, 
I have tried downloading The Sims 4 link, both the normal link and the magnet one, but once in my downloads it only shows as a Utorrent link, not a file. No zipped file, no hidden file, nothing except a link back to the torrent. I've tried downloading it 4 times and it still hasn't work. Can anyone help me?

Hello and welcome to the forum @Jeska1995,

Clicking on the magnet-link and the other link does not download the actual game for you. The actual download needs to be done with a bittorrent-client, such as "uTorrent". You can download our guide here, if you are unfamiliar with torrenting.
https://goo.gl/UImMBQ

It should give you an insight into the subject matter. Good luck, and feel free to post back if there are more questions beyond that. Smile
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Utorrent download just utorrent link, not file Empty Re: Utorrent download just utorrent link, not file

Post by Guest Sat 09 Apr 2016, 00:13

Thank you so much! You've been a great help Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 09 Apr 2016, 00:19

Jeska1995 wrote:Thank you so much! You've been a great help Smile

No problem at all. Smile  Once you understood how it works, I suggest you download and install "WinRAR 5.21" from this site here too:
https://games4theworld.org/downloads

Installation instructions are included. You will need the program to unpack the file. 

After you downloaded the game(s) you like, create an empty folder, and then double-click on the downloaded .RAR file. It should open in WinRAR. Drag and drop all contents of the .RAR into the empty folder you just created. Then start the installation from said folder. Good luck again. Very Happy
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top