Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Torrent speed.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Torrent speed. Empty Torrent speed.

Post by Guest Sat 11 Nov 2017, 15:33

I just downloaded the Cats and dogs torrent but when i open the uTorrent program the download speed is VERY slow. with other .torrent files it works perfectly. so im guessing that the problem is with the file? does anyone else have this problem?

Back to top Go down

Torrent speed. Empty Re: Torrent speed.

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 11 Nov 2017, 15:36

TheDonut2002 wrote:I just downloaded the Cats and dogs torrent but when i open the uTorrent program the download speed is VERY slow. with other .torrent files it works perfectly. so im guessing that the problem is with the file? does anyone else have this problem?

Hello @TheDonut2002,

The "problem" here is, that this is a highly-anticipated DLC, and therefore many people all around the world are downloading this thing at the same time. I myself have been seeding for almost 24 hours non-stop now. And I'm sure many other people are seeding as well.

Check this out there, if you have not done so already.
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t11496-how-to-speed-up-fix-utorrent-downloads-guide

It should help a bit. Smile
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 11 Nov 2017, 16:05

The_gh0stm4n wrote:
TheDonut2002 wrote:I just downloaded the Cats and dogs torrent but when i open the uTorrent program the download speed is VERY slow. with other .torrent files it works perfectly. so im guessing that the problem is with the file? does anyone else have this problem?

Hello @TheDonut2002,

The "problem" here is, that this is a highly-anticipated DLC, and therefore many people all around the world are downloading this thing at the same time. I myself have been seeding for almost 24 hours non-stop now. And I'm sure many other people are seeding as well.

Check this out there, if you have not done so already.
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t11496-how-to-speed-up-fix-utorrent-downloads-guide

It should help a bit. Smile
Thanks for the quick reply, i think it might be handier for me to wait a few days, as i dont want to wait for the download speed. I assume that if i wait a few days the speed will be faster?

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 11 Nov 2017, 16:12

TheDonut2002 wrote:Thanks for the quick reply, i think it might be handier for me to wait a few days, as i dont want to wait for the download speed. I assume that if i wait a few days the speed will be faster?

Yes, feel free to wait a little more. Hopefully (even more) people will be seeding the thing by then...

Awesome Emote
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Torrent speed. Empty I still have the UTorrent issue with cats & dogs

Post by Guest Wed 15 Nov 2017, 18:16

So about 5/6 days ago, i posted a topic about how when i try to unpack the Cats&Dogs torrent, the download speed is extremely slow, so it'll take SUPER long to download it. Somebody told me i should wait a few days, but i still have the same issue. Did someone else have this issue and if so, how id you fix it?
Thanks in advance I tip my fedora.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 16 Nov 2017, 07:54

I'd highly recommend getting rid of UTorrent.

not sure if it will resolve your issue, but i've seen many times over people suggesting to get rid of utorrent and switching to QBittorent. at the time i first saw the suggestion it had something to do with malware or something. i've made the switch myself some time ago and i'm happy i did.

https://www.extremetech.com/computing/200602-utorrent-accused-of-bundling-cryptocurrency-malware-with-popular-bittorrent-client

one perk to using QBittorent is it has a built in torrent search engine to help you find whatever you need without having to bother with going to a website to find it first. a feature i personally couldnt live without.

if your interested, Qbittorent can be found here..   https://www.qbittorrent.org/

sorry i dont have any info directly related to your issue, but it might help with that as well. good luck.

Last edited by Misfit203 on Thu 16 Nov 2017, 21:49; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Thu 16 Nov 2017, 20:01

//MERGED

Topics merged, have you attempted to do the steps about optimizing uTorrent? The link in my first reply here?
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top