Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Can't Install Sims 4 - Insert Disk. [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

silent install - Can't Install Sims 4 - Insert Disk. [SOLVED] Empty Can't Install Sims 4 - Insert Disk. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Thu 21 Apr 2016, 07:57

Hi, :-)
I am trying to install sims 4 and when I click The_Sims_4_Setup  I get the message
Its on a CD _ROM and disk not available...Insert Disk
Then:
Use source: Part-1

Back to top Go down

silent install - Can't Install Sims 4 - Insert Disk. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Can't Install Sims 4 - Insert Disk. [SOLVED]

Post by The_gh0stm4n Thu 21 Apr 2016, 21:54

mslisalisa wrote:Hi, :-)
I am trying to install sims 4 and when I click The_Sims_4_Setup  I get the message
Its on a CD _ROM and disk not available...Insert Disk
Then:
Use source: Part-1

Hello,

I recall that this can occur when you are trying to run the installer from an external hard-drive or a USB flash. If you haven't done so yet, please make another (new) folder somewhere on your C: drive. Then re-extract all contents from the .RAR file, into that folder. Once the extraction is complete, re-run the installer from within that folder.

Good luck !
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

silent install - Can't Install Sims 4 - Insert Disk. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Can't Install Sims 4 - Insert Disk. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Fri 22 Apr 2016, 06:08

Carlos,
I am including a photo. I unzipped The Sims 4 into my documents. When I click to run this is what I get.
silent install - Can't Install Sims 4 - Insert Disk. [SOLVED] Image211

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 23 Apr 2016, 02:02

mslisalisa wrote:Carlos,
I am including a photo. I unzipped The Sims 4 into my documents. When I click to run this is what I get.
silent install - Can't Install Sims 4 - Insert Disk. [SOLVED] Image211

Are you sure the download finished 100% in your torrent client ? Try this too: if you have the torrent for The Sims 4 Base game still running as "seeding", right-click on it and choose "STOP". Right-click again and choose "force re-check". After this re-check is done, please create another fresh folder and re-extract the contents of the .RAR there, using WinRAR. Delete that old folder in your screenshot, if you like.

I'm not sure if it can play a role, but you might also check if you have enough filespace on your C: drive. Try freeing up some space there if possible. For the extraction alone, you will need over 8GB. The installation is about the same size. And for the operating system to run properly, you should have at least another 1-2 GB of free space.

All in all, after deleting the folder in your screenshot, it's a good idea to have at least 18GB of free filespace or so. Smile
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 26 Apr 2016, 05:51

I did the re-check and the download is 100% finished. I am getting the same problem and then a message that says " The installation source for this product is not available. Verify that the source exists and that you can access it.

//EDIT

Update: I choose "Browse" and then I choose setup and it installed! Now I have to see if I can actually run the game. It did install so that's a good thing.  silent install - Can't Install Sims 4 - Insert Disk. [SOLVED] 1076341753

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Wed 27 Apr 2016, 19:29

mslisalisa wrote:I did the re-check and the download is 100% finished. I am getting the same problem and then a message that says " The installation source for this product is not available. Verify that the source exists and that you can access it.

//EDIT

Update: I choose "Browse" and then I choose setup and it installed! Now I have to see if I can actually run the game. It did install so that's a good thing.  silent install - Can't Install Sims 4 - Insert Disk. [SOLVED] 1076341753

Thanks for the feedback ! Very Happy  And since this problem is solved, I will close the topic now too. 
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top