Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Can't install Sims 2 The Complete Collection - Please insert disk number 1 - Install Step 3. [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Can't install Sims 2 The Complete Collection - Please insert disk number 1 - Install Step 3. [SOLVED] Empty Can't install Sims 2 The Complete Collection - Please insert disk number 1 - Install Step 3. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Sat 26 Dec 2015, 02:29

I am having trouble installing the new "The Sims 2: The Complete Collection". At step 3, using the Open for Business AutoRun.exe, the installer prompts "Please insert disk number 1". Clicking OK just shows the same prompt again and the install does NOT continue.  Clicking Cancel leads to quitting the installation. I uninstalled University and Double Deluxe from steps 1 and 2 and tried again, but got the same results a second time.

I'm using Windows 10.  The first time I tried to install to "D:\The Sims 2\" and the second time to the default "C:\Program Files (x86)\EA GAMES\" but got the same results.

Any help would be appreciated.

Back to top Go down

Can't install Sims 2 The Complete Collection - Please insert disk number 1 - Install Step 3. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Can't install Sims 2 The Complete Collection - Please insert disk number 1 - Install Step 3. [SOLVED]

Post by Admin Sat 26 Dec 2015, 03:45

Hello,

This is a known issue. Try to move the "Open For Business" folder to another location and then run the installer again.
Also, just to be sure: did you extract the .rar file, or did you start the installation directly from the .rar file?

Please keep us updated, good luck!
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Can't install Sims 2 The Complete Collection - Please insert disk number 1 - Install Step 3. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Can't install Sims 2 The Complete Collection - Please insert disk number 1 - Install Step 3. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Sat 26 Dec 2015, 04:23

Yes, I had extracted the .rar file. Moving the "Open For Business" folder to another location and then running the installer again worked. Thank you.

Mod edit: problem solved, topic closed, have fun ! And feel free to open a new thread anytime again, if you need more support. 

- Carlos

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top