Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Copyright Infringement

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Copyright Infringement Empty Copyright Infringement

Post by Guest Sat 23 Apr 2016, 18:30

Hello! I just downloaded the Sims 4 and got an email from my internet provider saying I'd committed a copyright infringement. I don't know what the best course of action to take is. Are there trackers in the downloads? Can I still open and run the file or will that get me into trouble? 
Thanks!!

Back to top Go down

Copyright Infringement Empty Re: Copyright Infringement

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 23 Apr 2016, 18:44

sondor wrote:Hello! I just downloaded the Sims 4 and got an email from my internet provider saying I'd committed a copyright infringement. I don't know what the best course of action to take is. Are there trackers in the downloads? Can I still open and run the file or will that get me into trouble? 
Thanks!!

Hello again,

Yes, you can install the game. But for the future, I'm not sure if it's a good idea to torrent more stuff from your regular internet connection. There are VPN services which support P2P-networking (i.e. torrenting) and which don't give out logs. You should look for services that specifically offer these 2 things. I myself cannot recommend anything specific since I haven't used a VPN myself yet.

Keep in mind that for these services you need to pay money, so this is not free.

Other than that, try doing some research, and see if you can switch your ISP to another one that is maybe more lenient toward torrenting stuff. 
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top