Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC Content of one download showing up only partially

View previous topic View next topic Go down

CC Content of one download showing up only partially Empty CC Content of one download showing up only partially

Post by Guest Thu 12 May 2016, 12:59

Help     I once again have a weird one. I downloaded some stuff from a creator who only has base game and the Outdoor pack. She split her downloads of a specific kitchen ( brick kitchen) into parts, so as to reduce the size. I have downloaded all of them, but only a few show up in game. I understand there might be problems if there are newer game versions, but this does not seem to apply in this case.( she has only the above mentioned two ) I have downloaded another kitchen from her as well as other stuff and there is no problem. I did contact her and she said that there seems to be some problems sometimes if it is a cracked version that is being used. I would truly love to have the complete set and was wondering if you might know a solution to the problem. That kitchen can be found here.  ( http://asylisbastelbox.de/joomla/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=544&Itemid=596 ) Part one and two show up, part three and 4 do not. 5 shows up again. etc etc. I hope I have not done anything wrong in supplying the link.
Any help would be much appreciated. Dedicated to Carlos

Back to top Go down

CC Content of one download showing up only partially Empty Re: CC Content of one download showing up only partially

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 14 May 2016, 01:01

Loonieloose wrote:Help     I once again have a weird one. I downloaded some stuff from a creator who only has base game and the Outdoor pack. She split her downloads of a specific kitchen ( brick kitchen) into parts, so as to reduce the size. I have downloaded all of them, but only a few show up in game. I understand there might be problems if there are newer game versions, but this does not seem to apply in this case.( she has only the above mentioned two ) I have downloaded another kitchen from her as well as other stuff and there is no problem. I did contact her and she said that there seems to be some problems sometimes if it is a cracked version that is being used. I would truly love to have the complete set and was wondering if you might know a solution to the problem. That kitchen can be found here.  ( http://asylisbastelbox.de/joomla/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=544&Itemid=596 ) Part one and two show up, part three and 4 do not. 5 shows up again. etc etc. I hope I have not done anything wrong in supplying the link.

Hello again,

The link is fine, no worries. As long as you don't link to external warez/torrent/filesharing sites (that are not associated with G4TW), everything's fine. Smile  Have you had a look at this here ?

https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t20991-cc-mods-not-showing-in-game-fix
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

CC Content of one download showing up only partially Empty Re: CC Content of one download showing up only partially

Post by Guest Sat 14 May 2016, 12:37

Hi Carlos,

Yes, I did. I have also tried it, but still no change. Sad . I have also moved them out of the brick kitchen file into mods folder, still no change. This is so frustrating, but I am not giving up just jet. Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 14 May 2016, 23:44

Loonieloose wrote:Help     I once again have a weird one. I downloaded some stuff from a creator who only has base game and the Outdoor pack. She split her downloads of a specific kitchen ( brick kitchen) into parts, so as to reduce the size. I have downloaded all of them, but only a few show up in game. I understand there might be problems if there are newer game versions, but this does not seem to apply in this case.( she has only the above mentioned two ) I have downloaded another kitchen from her as well as other stuff and there is no problem. I did contact her and she said that there seems to be some problems sometimes if it is a cracked version that is being used. I would truly love to have the complete set and was wondering if you might know a solution to the problem. That kitchen can be found here.  ( http://asylisbastelbox.de/joomla/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=544&Itemid=596 ) Part one and two show up, part three and 4 do not. 5 shows up again. etc etc. I hope I have not done anything wrong in supplying the link.

I'm surprised this hasn't been posted sooner.

Blame it on modding tools that get updated along with the base game. You'll have to make sure to test all custom content files that you download to make sure they work. Since torrented TS4 was last updated February/March, most if not all custom content made before that will still work. Anything after that date, there's a huge chance it won't work (CAS items work just fine).

In order to test the files, download Sims 4 Studio old version (version was called Sims4Studio_2.6.0.8 (Sugar) ) and open your package files. If you get an error message when you open something, it will not work in game (from patch 1.13.104.1010). Remember, you need the old version which will match the torrented game version.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 15 May 2016, 14:50

Thank you for this. I will definitely check it out. But it still leaves the question why do part of those package files work? They have been made with the same Sims4Studio version. Asylie did not change her Version in the middle of creating those mods?????
Thanks again.

Last edited by Loonieloose on Sun 15 May 2016, 14:57; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 15 May 2016, 19:49

Loonieloose wrote:Thank you for this. I will definitely check it out. But it still leaves the question why do part of those package files work? They have been made with the same Sims4Studio version. Asylie did not change her Version in the middle of creating those mods?????
Thanks again.

I can't confirm why some items work and others don't but my suspicion is that the functions and/or textures were updated on certain objects and not others. Example, I downloaded ATS4 Pizzeria objects. The only item that worked for me was a table lamp; the dinner tables, decorative objects, wall lights, pictures...nothing else worked. My solution? I found a different set that someone else made a while ago and use that instead Sad

This has been a pain in the butt for me now. There's a few amazing mods I'd love to use but I can't. Someone made buyable food that Sims don't have to cook. Can't even use the base game version of that mod because it was made with tools that are for updated games. I have legit TS4 and tested the mod and they work fine.

This is the actual price we pay for playing a torrented game so I guess EA has finally succeeded in controlling their players. But probably by accident LOL

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 09 Aug 2016, 19:03

All Hail Carlos!  Thank you for the latest update BECAUSE all my problems are of the past. These goodies all show up now so Vio-Violette was absolutely correct in what she said. It all comes back to the game version AND sims4studio version. So everything created with later sims4studio version than available patch will not show up. I am so chuffed with you guys for giving us the new update, which now has made it possible for me to use all those amazing downloads I was desperate to get! Love you all Smile

Save

Last edited by Loonieloose on Tue 09 Aug 2016, 19:05; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Spelling)

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top