Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Showtime limited edition big show venue. [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Showtime limited edition big show venue. [SOLVED] Empty Showtime limited edition big show venue. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Mon 30 May 2016, 20:21

I just downloaded it today and tried to install it through the Launcher, but it fired a message that I was trying to install an "unofficial game modification" that didn't match the "current version" of my game, asking me to update the content I was installing. I'm on Patch 1.67, and have WA, LN, AMB, GEN & ST as well as Town Life - all digital copies purchased through Origin. Is this normal behavior? It's not the first time I've installed bonus content I've downloaded from here - this is the first lot/rabbithole I've tried installing, though (only got objects and hair previously) - and it has never happened before.

Back to top Go down

Showtime limited edition big show venue. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Showtime limited edition big show venue. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Tue 31 May 2016, 11:18

Most probably you haven't decrapified it before installing.
As outside links are not allowed on this forum, see your inbox.
Download the decrapifier, unpack with winrar.
Place both files in 1 folder
Copy the big show venue to that folder and place it on the file decrapifier.
Be patient, a black screen will show up and when it vanishes your venue file is ready for installation via the launcher.

Back to top Go down

Showtime limited edition big show venue. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Showtime limited edition big show venue. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Wed 01 Jun 2016, 16:54

Thank you! The venue is showing up as it should now Smile

Unfortunately, I'm now having a similar issue with the T-Mobile items from the Store Collections here. Their icons show up normally in CC Magic, but they're nowhere to be found in-game. Decrapifying them doesn't work, either. Is there anything else I can do?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 01 Jun 2016, 17:09

Cestlavanille wrote:Thank you! The venue is showing up as it should now Smile

Unfortunately, I'm now having a similar issue with the T-Mobile items from the Store Collections here. Their icons show up normally in CC Magic, but they're nowhere to be found in-game. Decrapifying them doesn't work, either. Is there anything else I can do?
I do have alot of store-items but never heard about the t-mobile stuff.
Where can I find these for trying out ?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 01 Jun 2016, 23:35

Tarac wrote:
Cestlavanille wrote:Thank you! The venue is showing up as it should now Smile

I do have alot of store-items but never heard about the t-mobile stuff.
Where can I find these for trying out ?

They're kind of spread out here, instead of being offered as a complete set. I didn't grab them all, but these were the ones I got:

Part 1 of November 2010 Store Collection: Bar and barstool
Part 2 of November 2010 Store Collection: C offee table, end table and ceiling light (+Dr Pepper cooler sculpture)
January 2011: Basketball trophy, scoreboard and hamper

I also grabbed the Dr. Pepper items (car, clock, two loveseats & neon sign - all the ones with Vegas in their names) from the January 2010 Store Collection. Decrapified everything and installed through CC Magic; CC Magic recognizes the items, but not a single one shows up in game.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Thu 02 Jun 2016, 03:36

Cestlavanille wrote:They're kind of spread out here, instead of being offered as a complete set. I didn't grab them all, but these were the ones I got:

Part 2 of November 2010 Store Collection: C offee table, end table and ceiling light (+Dr Pepper cooler sculpture)

I also grabbed the Dr. Pepper items (car, clock, two loveseats & neon sign - all the ones with Vegas in their names) from the January 2010 Store Collection. Decrapified everything and installed through CC Magic; CC Magic recognizes the items, but not a single one shows up in game.

CC Magic has an option to also clear the cache files, did you use the option ? Sometimes cache files prevent the correct installation or showing up, of items.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 02 Jun 2016, 13:24

The_gh0stm4n wrote:
Cestlavanille wrote:They're kind of spread out here, instead of being offered as a complete set. I didn't grab them all, but these were the ones I got:

CC Magic has an option to also clear the cache files, did you use the option ? Sometimes cache files prevent the correct installation or showing up, of items.
I tried doing that as well, but there's still nothing WhatDidUJustCallMe?

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Fri 03 Jun 2016, 01:58

Cestlavanille wrote:I tried doing that as well, but there's still nothing WhatDidUJustCallMe?

You mentioned you decrapified the items manually, and yet you seemed to have obtain them from G4TW... ? The items from G4TW are already decrapified, so there is no need for another manual process. You may have made a mistake during that, so try re-downloading the items and re.installing them with CC Magic.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 03 Jun 2016, 10:30

Cestlavanille wrote:I also grabbed the Dr. Pepper items (car, clock, two loveseats & neon sign - all the ones with Vegas in their names) from the January 2010 Store Collection. Decrapified everything and installed through CC Magic; CC Magic recognizes the items, but not a single one shows up in game.

I tried the neon sign
Downloaded it as sims3pack, doubleclicked on the download and it installed via the Launcher.
You can find it in the game as Lagomorf in Neon.

So no decrapifying, no CC Magic.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 03 Jun 2016, 11:08

The_gh0stm4n wrote:
Cestlavanille wrote:I tried doing that as well, but there's still nothing WhatDidUJustCallMe?

You mentioned you decrapified the items manually, and yet you seemed to have obtain them from G4TW... ? The items from G4TW are already decrapified, so there is no need for another manual process. You may have made a mistake during that, so try re-downloading the items and re.installing them with CC Magic.

That's what I first did. Just to clarify, this is what I've tried so far:

1) Directly installing them through CC Magic.
2) Deleting the old objects, clearing all caches, then reinstalling them through CC Magic.
3) Deleting the old objects, decrapifying redownloaded ones, clearing the caches, then reinstalling through CC Magic.
4) Deleting the old objects, taking previously decrapified objects from attempt #3, clearing the caches (in game folder as opposed to CC Magic), then reinstalling through the Launcher.

None of these above worked.

I'll try just installing through the Launcher directly without decrapifying them, and see if that will work better.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Fri 03 Jun 2016, 12:32

Cestlavanille wrote:
That's what I first did. Just to clarify, this is what I've tried so far:

1) Directly installing them through CC Magic.
2) Deleting the old objects, clearing all caches, then reinstalling them through CC Magic.
3) Deleting the old objects, decrapifying redownloaded ones, clearing the caches, then reinstalling through CC Magic.
4) Deleting the old objects, taking previously decrapified objects from attempt #3, clearing the caches (in game folder as opposed to CC Magic), then reinstalling through the Launcher.

None of these above worked.

I'll try just installing through the Launcher directly without decrapifying them, and see if that will work better.

OK, but I'm afraid there isn't much else I can suggest at that point. All this hassle with the .sims3packs is the reason why I switched to .package file store content, a few years ago already. I am also working on a complete store set, all in .package file format (and all merged together, except the buildings/lots).

There is also this extreme measure here, which involves deleting all your installed .sims3packs and then starting afresh.
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t2208-sims3pack-installed-world-inaccessible-or-wont-install-fix

But you should only consider the idea if all else fails, and you absolutely want that item/lot. Note again, ALL your installed .sims3pack files will get deleted during the process.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 03 Jun 2016, 19:22

It's alright, I managed to make it work! Installing it directly through the Launcher solved the issue Smile Thank you so much for the help, both of you!

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 04 Jun 2016, 09:53

Cestlavanille wrote:It's alright, I managed to make it work! Installing it directly through the Launcher solved the issue Smile Thank you so much for the help, both of you!

Interesting...that is actually similar to what I encountered myself once. I tried installing the entire Sims 3 store (all files in .sims3pack format) through CC Magic, and there were also the lots included. But after it was done in CC Magic, the lots didn't show up in-game. I suppose the mechanism of lots/buildings is different that for "regular" items.

Anyhow, feel free to get back to us again anytime. Just open a new topic, if you need more support. Until then, enjoy your game ! Problem solved, topic closed.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top