Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Only some of my CC shows up, but not all of it.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Only some of my CC shows up, but not all of it. Empty Only some of my CC shows up, but not all of it.

Post by Guest Tue 31 May 2016, 15:15

coolcandy3001 wrote:If you are like me, you have A LOT of CC... (4k and counting Embarassed )
 If you try and put order your CC into sub folders in the My Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 4/Mods - It will only show 1 sub folders - the one in which the file "resource.cfg" is in.
   Basically, the coding in resource.cfg doesn't allow subfolders, you have to keep it all in Mods, so resource.cfg and count all the .package files within the Mods folder.

If you really can't live without ordering your mods folder, this allows you to subfolder your mods by 5 folders "deep" (example: Mods/Folder 1/Folder1.1/Folder/1.2/folder1.3/folder1.4)
1. Save a copy of recource.cfg and open it into a text editor
2. Edit it to say:

Priority 500
PackedFile *.package
PackedFile */*.package
PackedFile */*/*.package
PackedFile */*/*/*.package
PackedFile */*/*/*/*.package
PackedFile */*/*/*/*/*.package

THE * SIGN IS WHERE YOU ADD YOUR FOLDER NAME, FOR EXAMPLE: "PackedFile Hair/Female/Long/Blonde/Nya/Mew.package" IF YOU DO NOT ADD YOUR FILE NAME INTO THE RESOURCE.CFG, THIS WILL BREAK YOUR GAME.

3. Save it.

Works most recent patch (1.10)

Mod edit: moved to the right section. Smile

- Carlos

I tried this, and it doesn't work at all. Only some of my CC shows up, but not all of it. I made sure I have the meshes, and that it's all for Sims 4. I don't know what I did wrong, or if there's something I'm missing. Also I'd like to point out, when I go to Options/Other there is not button for me to enable custom content. Even when I have the mods I have unfoldered, and just have them in the same folder as the Resource.cfg, the CC doesn't work.

Back to top Go down

Only some of my CC shows up, but not all of it. Empty Re: Only some of my CC shows up, but not all of it.

Post by The_gh0stm4n Wed 01 Jun 2016, 00:17

//SPLIT

Hello and welcome to the forum @hereticgeth,

I moved your post to the correct section. The fix that @coolcandy3001 posted is primarily intended for people who (for some reason) decide to put their CC into many layers of subfolders within "Mods", which technically is not necessary. That said, are you sure that all your CC are compatible with game version 1.13.104.1010, which is the one supported by Games4theworld's latest update ? 

Also, did you make sure to install all available Sims 4 updates, in the correct order ? The order is this.

1) TS4 Base game
2) Get to Work
3) Get together
4) Hotfix

Another possibility: are you sure that your CC really show up as separate in-game ? Keep in mind that e.g. most of the CAS items out there are simply re-colorings of existing EA items. They don't hafe a thumbnail on their own, and will show up in the color/texture/pattern range if you click on the appropriate EA item, under which they show up.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Only some of my CC shows up, but not all of it. Empty Re: Only some of my CC shows up, but not all of it.

Post by Guest Thu 02 Jun 2016, 02:22

I didn't have the hotfix, but I downloaded/installed it. The problem is still persisting, that most of my CC isn't showing up whatsoever. None of which are recolors of EA hair. When I have my CC in the Mods folder, alongside the Resource.cfg, it doesn't show up either. 

My CC might not be compatible with the new update probably, or something like that.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Thu 02 Jun 2016, 04:09

hereticgeth wrote:I didn't have the hotfix, but I downloaded/installed it. The problem is still persisting, that most of my CC isn't showing up whatsoever. None of which are recolors of EA hair. When I have my CC in the Mods folder, alongside the Resource.cfg, it doesn't show up either. 

My CC might not be compatible with the new update probably, or something like that.

Just to be 100% clear, are you sure your Mods-folder is in the correct location ? See this example screenshot.

Only some of my CC shows up, but not all of it. Screen16
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 03 Jun 2016, 02:43

Yes everything is in the right place! I made sure to read all installation files closely, and do everything the right way. I even un-installed everything, and reinstalled, making sure my firewalls, and windows defender, and origin were all off when I did it. Nothing went wrong, so I'm not even sure what's going on with it.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 04 Jun 2016, 10:04

hereticgeth wrote:Yes everything is in the right place! I made sure to read all installation files closely, and do everything the right way. I even un-installed everything, and reinstalled, making sure my firewalls, and windows defender, and origin were all off when I did it. Nothing went wrong, so I'm not even sure what's going on with it.

At that point I can't really suggest more, I'm sorry. If you really like these CC items, then try waiting for a new cracked update in The Sims 4. Maybe then these CC will work.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 04 Jun 2016, 19:22

Hopefully! I'm not in a huge rush, thankfully the game has pretty decent clothing and hair this time. Thank you for trying to help!

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Mon 06 Jun 2016, 18:31

hereticgeth wrote:Hopefully! I'm not in a huge rush, thankfully the game has pretty decent clothing and hair this time. Thank you for trying to help!

Yes, you're welcome. Smile  We'll have to see whether a new pirated update will surface, with the new DLC content coming out tomorrow.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top