Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Buying Physical Version of TS4. [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Buying Physical Version of TS4. [SOLVED] Empty Buying Physical Version of TS4. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Sat 11 Jun 2016, 20:15

(I don’t know if this is the right place for this question, but feel free to move it :])

Hello, everyone! Michelle801 here, I’ll make this quick, If I buy the physical version of TS4, would I be able to still add the game/stuff packs like we were able to do with The Sims 3? Or has that been changed?

Because I don’t want to waste money only to find out I can’t add them (I’m pretty sure it has changed and is now a lot harder to add them, I just want some clarification)

TLDR; Would buying a physical copy limit me to only having the base copy

Thank you very much for taking your time to read this, have a good day. Smile

Back to top Go down

Buying Physical Version of TS4. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Buying Physical Version of TS4. [SOLVED]

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sun 12 Jun 2016, 03:07

Michelle801 wrote:(I don’t know if this is the right place for this question, but feel free to move it :])

Hello, everyone! Michelle801 here, I’ll make this quick, If I buy the physical version of TS4, would I be able to still add the game/stuff packs like we were able to do with The Sims 3? Or has that been changed?

Because I don’t want to waste money only to find out I can’t add them (I’m pretty sure it has changed and is now a lot harder to add them, I just want some clarification)

//MOVED

Hello @Michelle801,

If you buy e.g. a legit Sims 4 base game on Origin, you cannot add pirated DLC "into" the account. You can add the DLC by copying and pasting the folders into the install location of the game, but then: what is the point in buying a base game, when you can pirate the base game as well ? 

The legit Sims 4 game doesn't give you any benefits apart from the gallery-access, but even that is going to be tricky to use. 

I would suggest you save the money for something else. Smile  Closely related to your question, have a look at my "reminder" here:
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t1-all-current-requests-read-this-first-please#1
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Buying Physical Version of TS4. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Buying Physical Version of TS4. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Mon 13 Jun 2016, 03:46

The_gh0stm4n wrote:
Michelle801 wrote:(I don’t know if this is the right place for this question, but feel free to move it :])

//MOVED

Hello @Michelle801,

If you buy e.g. a legit Sims 4 base game on Origin, you cannot add pirated DLC "into" the account. You can add the DLC by copying and pasting the folders into the install location of the game, but then: what is the point in buying a base game, when you can pirate the base game as well ? 

The legit Sims 4 game doesn't give you any benefits apart from the gallery-access, but even that is going to be tricky to use. 

I would suggest you save the money for something else. Smile  Closely related to your question, have a look at my "reminder" here:
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t1-all-current-requests-read-this-first-please#1

Ah, thanks so much, @The_gh0stm4n for your response Smile

Mod edit: problem solved, topic closed. Feel free to open a new topic if you need more support. Have fun ! Smile

- The_gh0stm4n

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top