Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

32-Bit version instead of 64-Bit. [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

32-Bit version instead of 64-Bit. [SOLVED] Empty 32-Bit version instead of 64-Bit. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Mon 16 Dec 2019, 18:08

Hello, 

It might have been asked before but somehow I may have made a mistake when installing the game, since it seems that I'm running the game on 32bit instead of 64bit.

I have followed the guide to make the both 'Install Dir and GDFBinary' to where I have moved the map to (To D:\Games\The Sims 4). 
But when I just started up The Sims 4 to see if it's starting up, I got the message it was 32bit. 

Another question, I'm currently at step 19 (Island Living) can I skip step 20 (Moschino) and still play Realm of Magic or does it have to be installed?

Back to top Go down

32-Bit version instead of 64-Bit. [SOLVED] Empty Re: 32-Bit version instead of 64-Bit. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Mon 16 Dec 2019, 18:12

I can't seem to find the Edit button, but I have edited the Install Dir and GDBBinary at:"
Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Maxis\The Sims 4

Back to top Go down

32-Bit version instead of 64-Bit. [SOLVED] Empty Re: 32-Bit version instead of 64-Bit. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Mon 16 Dec 2019, 19:23

Edit again: It seems that I made a mistake and clicked on TS4 instead of TS4_x64. 

And I found the answer about my other question aswel (Step 3 on every installation guide that is included).

This topic can be deleted/closed

Back to top Go down

Post by grieralexander Mon 16 Dec 2019, 21:39

mgtwan wrote:Hello, 

It might have been asked before but somehow I may have made a mistake when installing the game, since it seems that I'm running the game on 32bit instead of 64bit.

I have followed the guide to make the both 'Install Dir and GDFBinary' to where I have moved the map to (To D:\Games\The Sims 4). 
But when I just started up The Sims 4 to see if it's starting up, I got the message it was 32bit. 

Another question, I'm currently at step 19 (Island Living) can I skip step 20 (Moschino) and still play Realm of Magic or does it have to be installed?
Glad that you solved your installation problem and thanks for letting us know Good job!
grieralexander
grieralexander
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP
Discharged with Honors
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Sims 3; Sims 4; Assasins Creed; Rise of Nations; Age of Empires series; Titan Quest; Overlord

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Tue 17 Dec 2019, 03:46

mgtwan wrote:Edit again: It seems that I made a mistake and clicked on TS4 instead of TS4_x64. 

And I found the answer about my other question aswel (Step 3 on every installation guide that is included).

This topic can be deleted/closed

The 32-bit and 64-bit executables are technically separated into different folders. Bin (TS4.exe) and Bin_LE (TS4_x64.exe). The TS4.exe - which is the 32-bit version of the game - can only be used for the people using the Legacy Edition.

Everybody else can only use the TS4_x64.exe - 64-bit version of the game - for playing the latest patches and DLC.

Since you seem to have solved the problem @mgtwan, I shall go ahead and close the thread now. Red star from Carlos
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top