Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I need help with the TS4 download

View previous topic View next topic Go down

I need help with the TS4 download Empty I need help with the TS4 download

Post by Guest Mon 20 Jun 2016, 23:46

hi i'm a major noob and i have no idea what so ever. im attempting to follow the guide for must read how to install ts4 correctly but i have no idea how to inbetween, usually i watch a video or step by step guide that tells me how to do everything. anyway i downloaded the file right and it opened in Utorrent, do i let it do it's thing in u torrent and then what do i do from there? i have no idea what im doing pls send help, right now it's just the base game but then i'll be downloading get to work and then get together

Back to top Go down

I need help with the TS4 download Empty Re: I need help with the TS4 download

Post by The_gh0stm4n Tue 21 Jun 2016, 05:53

dumbnoob101 wrote:hi i'm a major noob and i have no idea what so ever. im attempting to follow the guide for must read how to install ts4 correctly but i have no idea how to inbetween, usually i watch a video or step by step guide that tells me how to do everything. anyway i downloaded the file right and it opened in Utorrent, do i let it do it's thing in u torrent and then what do i do from there? i have no idea what im doing pls send help, right now it's just the base game but then i'll be downloading get to work and then get together

Hello and welcome to the forum,

You need the program WinRAR at first, which you can get from this site here (download the 5.21 version). Install instructions for the program are included.

After installing WinRAR, when you double-click on the file that was downloaded through your uTorrent, the file should open in WinRAR. You will see a bunch of files and folders in the "main" window. You can/should mark the items with your mouse as if marking a regular text. Then simply drag and drop them out into an empty folder. This extraction process can take a few minutes to complete.

When done, close WinRAR, and navigate to your folder with the extracted stuff. Run the installer from there using the "setup.exe", and refer to the included "Installation guide.txt" too.

Good luck for now !
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 21 Jun 2016, 23:32

Okay so now i've installed the base and i'm now on get together... there was no file i had to click on for both expansions for the installation to happen,, like the base game in the notes it told me to click this and it started (this was after utorrent and opening winrar) so basically after the torrent i was just moving files for get to work and get together, is this the right way bc i am so clueless. also theres a sims 4 icon thing on my background but is blank and when i click it it does nothing ?

also bc im problematic i had the original game downloaded that i bought from origin i uninstalled it but all the files r still there because i went into it and my mods are still available, what do i do????  Why God.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Thu 23 Jun 2016, 10:40

dumbnoob101 wrote:Okay so now i've installed the base and i'm now on get together... there was no file i had to click on for both expansions for the installation to happen,, like the base game in the notes it told me to click this and it started (this was after utorrent and opening winrar) so basically after the torrent i was just moving files for get to work and get together, is this the right way bc i am so clueless. also theres a sims 4 icon thing on my background but is blank and when i click it it does nothing ?

also bc im problematic i had the original game downloaded that i bought from origin i uninstalled it but all the files r still there because i went into it and my mods are still available, what do i do????  Why God.

Sorry for the late reply, but did you configure your anti-virus exclusions properly ? See the post here for an introduction on what to do (note: you may have to do some research on your own too).
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t18501-unable-to-start-initialization-error-at-startup-updated-on-11-9-2015

After you added your folders to the exclusions, re-add the Get to Work, Get together and Hotfix. Yes, you just need to copy and paste them ove where your base game of The Sims 4 is installed.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum